First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply About all of the bull in the media on immigration
14934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 7/26/16
^ Except that I am Native American and I have a high enough blood quantum level to claim benefits (I don't because I make a decent living). So, thank you.

The point of that paragraph, which you seem to have neglected, is that I am referring to H2Bs only. I have no problem with green card holders (legal permanent residents), H1Bs, H4s, Es, Ss, Us, Os, Fs, Ps and Rs being able to give birth to an American citizen child provided that they are in status when they do so. Otherwise, the child should not become an American citizen at birth.

And hey, life isn't fair. If you don't like America, go elsewhere.
9602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 7/26/16
I think you make several good points Akage, and I am at a crossroads.
1110 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 7/26/16 , edited 7/26/16
When you go to my nearest town centre you'd think you were in another country. None of them have jobs here, all walk around in their disgusting tracksuits, smelling of B.O and onions, speaking as if they have a throat full of phlegm, looking at others as if they were scum (and with murderous intent lol), pretty much hate the country and it's people.... I could go on and on. F immigrants.
19907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / El paso Tx
Offline
Posted 7/26/16

Akage-chan wrote:

Goodman, the problem with your argument is that you're assuming that immigrants are going to continue to perform the same menial jobs, such as picking produce, for the rest of their lives. They don't. Once they get legal status, they look for better paying jobs, and those are typically the jobs that everyone else wants as well. If immigrants were to come to a country and do the same menial jobs that they were originally doing, then, there wouldn't be an issue as they'd fill and continue to fill the jobs these countries need filled. But, they don't, and so, it's a never ending problem of continuing to import more labor because that labor force is continually in flux.

So, no, I don't think immigration, as it currently is, is a good thing. In the US, I would like to see more use of the H2B visas, with it being mandatory that all employees are returned to their countries at the end of their contract and all children born in the US revert to their parent's citizenship and are not eligible for US citizenship or any benefits.

I deal with the US immigration system on a daily basis and it is a highly ineffective and abused system. If the American public were only aware of how people come to the US and head down to Social Security the next day to claim (and receive) benefits from a system to which they never paid into, I think there would be a lot more outrage than there is now.


i dont know you but i like you already damn. marry me
4510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Immigrants aren't just one type applying for seasonal menial agricultural work. The NHS in the UK is mostly run by immigrants. Immigrant doctors, nurses and other medical staff. They've stayed in the same field progressing with their careers. Now many are reaching retirement age and there is a worry that there won't be enough replacements. The education field also has a lot of immigrants.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Lots of/most taxi drivers here are immigrants. Lots of cleaners or farm workers/fruit pickers also.
And there are shit loads of Indian(technicailly Asian i know) and Asian and Arab supermarkets and butchers n restaurants everywhere.

But they do live different to us. They get alot or benifits from having so many kids. But they do like to work. Some of them really save money by having shit loads of people all living in one house/unit.

Indians been taking over alot of the unit blocks here. Noisy smelly cunts lol. (curry, garlic )
11782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 8/30/16

thatgirl202 wrote:


Akage-chan wrote:


So, no, I don't think immigration, as it currently is, is a good thing. In the US, I would like to see more use of the H2B visas, with it being mandatory that all employees are returned to their countries at the end of their contract and all children born in the US revert to their parent's citizenship and are not eligible for US citizenship or any benefits.

.


If you want this, then the only ones who would have a right to live in USA are the native americans. You are from the place you were born in. If someone is born in USA, they are US citizens. You can't deny those rights to those children. Are your ancestors 100% native Americans? if not, it is a little bit hypocritical of you to want to strip children who are born in USA of their rights while you and your family can live in USA perfectly fine.



This argument is always enjoyable to see... The USA is not a patch of land, it is a man made, designated area, governed by a specific government referred to as The United States of America. To say only Native Americans would belong here is dumb, they weren't originally from America either. And following this logic (along the slippery slope it is) all Humans should live in Africa and nowhere else on Earth. Europeans forcefully took the land from the Native Americans, they are no longer recognized as having any right to claim ownership of the land by the international community. With the exception of the reservations they still own.
Posted 7/27/16

Southern55 wrote:

This argument is always enjoyable to see... The USA is not a patch of land, it is a man made, designated area, governed by a specific government referred to as The United States of America. To say only Native Americans would belong here is dumb, they weren't originally from America either. And following this logic (along the slippery slope it is) all Humans should live in Africa and nowhere else on Earth. Europeans forcefully took the land from the Native Americans, they are no longer recognized as having any right to claim ownership of the land by the international community. With the exception of the reservations they still own.


The Natives of America migrated.
The Europeans of America invaded.
The Africans of America got transported.

Now that the premise has been defined, is it still a slippery-slope?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
I do like cheese though.

15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:
Lots of/most taxi drivers here are immigrants. Lots of cleaners or farm workers/fruit pickers also.
And there are shit loads of Indian(technicailly Asian i know) and Asian and Arab supermarkets and butchers n restaurants everywhere.
the easier jobs they could get... sadly most of their "ways" isn't anything how those who live there want.
To restaurants being low quality and in big amounts (many of the "same" cind of restaurants some doing better then others), not clean or having their standards as those who live there before has.

Hrafna wrote:
The Natives of America migrated.
The Europeans of America invaded.
The Africans of America got transported.
So you mean everything with america got fucked?

Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


Hrafna wrote:
The Natives of America migrated.
The Europeans of America invaded.
The Africans of America got transported.
So you mean everything with america got fucked?


I wouldn't put it quite like that. I view the continent, and the indigenous people who migrated to said continent millennia ago, who were persecuted and committed genocide against, as if having gotten "fucked over". But, I don't compare the atrocities that were once made to modern Americans-- and their achievements today. For instance, how would millions upon millions of people world wide have survived today if it weren't for American advances in medical science, you know? I acknowledge the modern American, their attempts to reconcile with the past, and their feeling as if they perhaps have failed to do so. And, if I draw any comparison to the modern American, it's from their inability to admit the atrocities that were made towards their seeming inability to move on. I see it as crippling them, and their future achievements.

My point wasn't really about native Americans, historical accuracy, inaccuracy, or morals. It was more like "Please, could we all just stop with the excuses/rationalizations?" as it only serves stagnation. I don't see anybody benefiting from that.
11782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

Hrafna wrote:


Southern55 wrote:

This argument is always enjoyable to see... The USA is not a patch of land, it is a man made, designated area, governed by a specific government referred to as The United States of America. To say only Native Americans would belong here is dumb, they weren't originally from America either. And following this logic (along the slippery slope it is) all Humans should live in Africa and nowhere else on Earth. Europeans forcefully took the land from the Native Americans, they are no longer recognized as having any right to claim ownership of the land by the international community. With the exception of the reservations they still own.


The Natives of America migrated.
The Europeans of America invaded.
The Africans of America got transported.

Now that the premise has been defined, is it still a slippery-slope?


Defining it eliminates the slope, but doesn't change the fact that the Natives no longer have any claim to the land. His argument is still invalid.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

VZ68 wrote:

I do like cheese though.



Is that Beckie Cruel?
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

I do like cheese though.



Is that Beckie Cruel?


Dunno, more like "Really Depressed Dad" to me.
9309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

VZ68 wrote:



Dunno, more like "Really Depressed Dad" to me.


It looks like her. lol yeah he dose. ha ha understandably so. Dads must hate when/if their kids get into cosplay. Knowing how cute and sexy it often looks and knowing how perverted mens minds are ha ha

EDIT: i spelt her name wrong its "Beckii"
Heres pics;


I reckon it is her.

Just found these, its def her;

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.