First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Persona 5 discussion
37 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/6/17
Hear if you do not get everything you can get more in new game plus
9402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/6/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

I have friends who are absolutely livid about Atlas' stance on no-screenshots/sharing video clips from Persona 5. Some are upset about the streaming regulations more so than the locking of the "share" button's functionality. I'm not too bothered by it, personally. There are some moments where I wish I could have taken a screenshot - I just go back to the old school days (PS3 and older) where you simply pull out your phone and take a picture.



Yeah the inability to take screenshots is kind of annoying espcially since I took a bunch of P4G but w/e. I got a screenshot of the splash screen when you start the game for my PS4 wallpaper so I'm fine.
35827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/17
I regret pre-ordering Persona 5 and would apply for a refund if it were an option. Not because it's a bad game (currently I'd rate it at roughly an eight out of ten), but because of Atlus' streaming policy. Had I known they'd take their current stance I'd have waited and bought the game pre-owned to avoid giving them a sale.

That's on me though, I suppose that's what I get for pre-ordering even a "sure bet" game like Persona when I should know better in this day and age.
Posted 4/7/17

iriomote wrote:

I regret pre-ordering Persona 5 and would apply for a refund if it were an option. Not because it's a bad game (currently I'd rate it at roughly an eight out of ten), but because of Atlus' streaming policy. Had I known they'd take their current stance I'd have waited and bought the game pre-owned to avoid giving them a sale.

That's on me though, I suppose that's what I get for pre-ordering even a "sure bet" game like Persona when I should know better in this day and age.


Yeah, see... I can't really justify not giving them business just because they don't want the game spoiled. It's a pretty thorough game and there's a lot you can choose to do (or not do). The only inconvenience that it causes me is the lack of screenshots. Which I only use screenshots for trophies as it is (when I'm showing the platinum trophy, for example). Streaming/Share doesn't really add or remove anything for me outside of that. Atlas made sure P5 lived up to its hype and simply doesn't want people to spoil it through "Let's Play" videos.
35827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 4/7/17 , edited 4/17/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Yeah, see... I can't really justify not giving them business just because they don't want the game spoiled. It's a pretty thorough game and there's a lot you can choose to do (or not do). The only inconvenience that it causes me is the lack of screenshots. Which I only use screenshots for trophies as it is (when I'm showing the platinum trophy, for example). Streaming/Share doesn't really add or remove anything for me outside of that. Atlas made sure P5 lived up to its hype and simply doesn't want people to spoil it through "Let's Play" videos.

Honestly, their "protecting customers from spoilers" justification reeks of crap. Not to mention the sheer irony of this policy given the game's themes.

If Atlus is concerned about spoilers, why aren't they issuing DMCA takedowns against Wiki sites, or guides and walkthroughs? They have a rather narrow focus.

You can do business with whomever you like. The policy has no direct impact on me either (as I didn't plan to stream, or watch streams of, P5), but I do regularly use LPs and streams to help make game purchasing decisions, so I consider their stance anti-consumer. Speaking personally, I can justify avoiding business with them due to that.
Posted 4/7/17

iriomote wrote:
Honestly, their "protecting customers from spoilers" justification reeks of crap. Not to mention the sheer irony of this policy given the game's themes.

If Atlus is concerned about spoilers, why aren't they issuing DMCA takedowns against Wiki sites, or guides and walkthroughs? They have a rather narrow focus.


Because guides, walkthroughs, and the likes don't normally spoil the animation/cutscenes as well. I wouldn't say it reeks of crap; to me, anyways. I'm sure it's more so focused around the streaming of Production I.G.'s stuff and the spoilers that are shown in said animations (especially nearing the end of the game). But then again, like I said - it's not so much of a thing that bothers me.


iriomote wrote:
You can do business with whomever you like. The policy has no direct impact on me either (as I didn't plan to stream, or watch streams of, P5), but I do regularly use LPs and streams to help make game purchasing decisions, so I consider their stance anti-consumer. Speaking personally, I can justify avoiding business with them due to that.


I understand that it's a personal decision, it's just one that I disagree with (which is why I stated my opinion on it). I avoid Let's Plays like the bubonic plague - they kill games for me when I watch them. In that manner of speaking, I'm pretty anti-LP. Though, the only reason that I'm not in the mind of "let's shut them all down" is because I know some will only use LP's since they'll never purchase the game and just want to watch someone streaming it.

Again, it's a personal decision and we just happen to be on the opposite spectrum. I see LP's as anti-consumer. They do allow people to play up to 7/7 in the game - which is pretty much the end of the first two Palaces. That's more than enough gameplay to decide whether or not you want the game, I would think (that's about 20-40 hours depending on how you go about utilizing said time). It's not as they've told LPers and streamers that they can't stream the game at all. That's why it's confusing (to me) why people are taking it on such a hardline extreme about the guidelines.
11935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 4/7/17
It's nice to finally see these demons/shadows given the HD treatment. Just made it to the third palace, and trying to get those parameters up. So many social links, and so little time!

The OST has been really great too.
9402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/8/17 , edited 4/8/17
I've only just met the punk doctor lady but I already feel like she's going to be bae. There's just something about her design that I instantly fell in love with. Time will tell, tho, I still need to meet Makoto, smole hacker girl, and Haru before I decide anything.
11935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 4/8/17
Kawakami (your homeroom teacher) has been my favorite so far. Though it doesn't look like it gets romantic at all, lol. Still, she's got some nice perks that save you a lot of time like being able to do stuff like read, make tools during class and whatnot.
10931 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / within the world...
Offline
Posted 4/9/17
God I hate the third palace so much, near the end with 13 days left for it and BLAAAARGH. Screw this dungeon-_-
11584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Birmingham, UK
Offline
Posted 4/9/17
I'm still conflicted on who to date, Makoto, Kawakami and Haru have me conflicted, I will only pick one, not fucking up valentines
9402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
I almost got to the tower in the first dungeon but when I tried to open the door it was locked and a shadow ambushed me in the recovery animation and OHKO'd me. I lost an hour of progress, my last save was in the safe room right before the Chapel miniboss that teaches you to guard. Kind of disheartening but not as bad as some of the game overs I've heard of.
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17

HopexLight wrote:

God I hate the third palace so much, near the end with 13 days left for it and BLAAAARGH. Screw this dungeon-_-


I had to basically start that entire palace over twice so I feel your pain.

First time, an enemy crits my entire party 4 times in a row and with that palace having god awful save point spots, I didn't save. I didn't realize you'd have to backtrack into that one main room in order to save every single time. So I lost about 2 hours worth of gameplay.

Second time, I waited until I had two days left only to get an instant game over once I secured the escape route on the second day. Only option was to go back a week and start over again.

The fourth palace wasn't anywhere near as bad.
19794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
In terms of the romance options most people seem to love Makoto, but I find her personality to be about as interesting as watching paint dry. Maybe she gets more interesting later on, but my charm isn't quite high enough to progress yet. I love Futaba on the other hand. She's just so weird.
11935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA (Miami, FL)
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
Hadn't had much trouble with the palaces up until this fifth one. I've been able to secure the treasure route in one go up until then. A lot of annoying puzzles and enemies forced me to leave halfway through it.

Been rolling with Yusuke, Ann, and Makoto. Haru seems decent but I'm still waiting on that last party member. As for social links, I only have Makoto and Kawakami maxed so far.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.