Post Reply Where can I watch anime movies legally?
1728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
So Crunchyroll barely brings movies and there are movies I'm interested in, but I can't find a place to watch them except for pirate sites
Supporting the creators is very important to me, especially when I know how many people watch anime without paying and how if each one gave a every small amount they'd get MUCH more money

So does anybody know a site where I could pay for these movies? Because I'm not willing to get blu rays they're too expensive

Btw I know this will probably not change anything but if someone from Crunchyroll sees this, the TV service I use offers renting movies, you pay like 4$ and get access to the movie for 2 days, you could make something like this if movies are too high quality to be streamed at the same cost of seasonal anime. I don't know how many people would use it but personally I would absolutely love it
One Punch Mod
88168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

InkDaze wrote:

So Crunchyroll barely brings movies and there are movies I'm interested in, but I can't find a place to watch them except for pirate sites
Supporting the creators is very important to me, especially when I know how many people watch anime without paying and how if each one gave a every small amount they'd get MUCH more money

So does anybody know a site where I could pay for these movies? Because I'm not willing to get blu rays they're too expensive

Btw I know this will probably not change anything but if someone from Crunchyroll sees this, the TV service I use offers renting movies, you pay like 4$ and get access to the movie for 2 days, you could make something like this if movies are too high quality to be streamed at the same cost of seasonal anime. I don't know how many people would use it but personally I would absolutely love it


I've moved this to the Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.

I think streaming movies are pretty rare on all the usual streaming sites, but those are still probably your best best aside from buying discs. So, check Funimation, Hulu, and Amazon to see what they've got. (Amazon would have some to purchase or rent via regular Instant Video and a few of those might also be available via Prime if you have that.)

To make a suggestion to Crunchyroll about adding a pay to rent option, use the Suggestions/Feedback forum

/forumcategory-391026/suggestions-feedback
3798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
You forgot Netflix
1728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

lorreen wrote:

I've moved this to the Advice, Info, Recommendations forum.

I think streaming movies are pretty rare on all the usual streaming sites, but those are still probably your best best aside from buying discs. So, check Funimation, Hulu, and Amazon to see what they've got. (Amazon would have some to purchase or rent via regular Instant Video and a few of those might also be available via Prime if you have that.)

To make a suggestion to Crunchyroll about adding a pay to rent option, use the Suggestions/Feedback forum

/forumcategory-391026/suggestions-feedback


Ah no problem thanks, I always post in the wrong forums
Posted 7/29/16
Hulu may have a few movies if it's available in your region. I remember watching The Garden of Words and Origin: Spirits of the Past on there, both of which are anime movies. That was a few years ago though. I'm not sure if they still carry anime movies. Do bear in mind that you will have to deal with ads unless you pay for the premium service.
58920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 7/29/16

Nayru- wrote:

Hulu may have a few movies if it's available in your region. I remember watching The Garden of Words and Origin: Spirits of the Past on there, both of which are anime movies. That was a few years ago though. I'm not sure if they still carry anime movies. Do bear in mind that you will have to deal with ads unless you pay for the premium service.


A large portion of their current library of anime titles has been, or is planned to be, removed from Hulu.
Posted 7/30/16

eyeofpain wrote:


Nayru- wrote:

Hulu may have a few movies if it's available in your region. I remember watching The Garden of Words and Origin: Spirits of the Past on there, both of which are anime movies. That was a few years ago though. I'm not sure if they still carry anime movies. Do bear in mind that you will have to deal with ads unless you pay for the premium service.


A large portion of their current library of anime titles has been, or is planned to be, removed from Hulu.


Really? Is there a reason why? They have a nice selection as it is.
58920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 7/30/16

Nayru- wrote:


eyeofpain wrote:


Nayru- wrote:

Hulu may have a few movies if it's available in your region. I remember watching The Garden of Words and Origin: Spirits of the Past on there, both of which are anime movies. That was a few years ago though. I'm not sure if they still carry anime movies. Do bear in mind that you will have to deal with ads unless you pay for the premium service.


A large portion of their current library of anime titles has been, or is planned to be, removed from Hulu.


Really? Is there a reason why? They have a nice selection as it is.


The theory I've heard is that they're refocusing their business, and the vast majority of anime brings in far too few views to justify the expense of maintaining the videos on the hulu servers: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-05-27/.102530.
676 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/5/16 , edited 8/5/16
What you can do is question to the government on why anime import is illegal. If the explanation is to protect the American cartoon companies then question why the American cartoon companies cannot compete with anime companies even when American cartoons is imitating anime. If the explanation is to protect tradition then question why cultural diversity and freedom of speech is being surprised. If the explanation is to protect children from anime with adult contents then question why American cartoons with adult contents are sold in American stores, why anime without adult content cannot be imported, and why anime can be viewed online for free while American cartoons cannot unless they are outdated.
I had found a suspicious post about this:
You must be logged in to post.