First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What is the most dumbest thing you ever did on your school computers?
Duos1 
1010 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Deleted System 32 for fun. Turned out it wasn't so fun..
5625 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Korriban
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
My friend and I, during this past year, when we had our APUSH state tests, switched the mice of our computers. That was an...interesting...test XD haha
7051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
I didn't do this but i knew a guy who put our teacher's truck on craiglist with a picture and our teacher's number. Our teacher got an offer and the kid got suspended for only a week
33414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
I wouldn't really say that anything I've done was particularly stupid, but one of my Korean friends just randomly picked up an entire computer and walked out of school with it. He was later approached by the police and was discovered to be an illegal immigrant. I received a message from him a few weeks later on Myspace telling me that he got deported.
Posted 7/27/16
Nothing out of the ordinary comes to mind...
14128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
I didn't do most of these, mainly just told kids how to do stuff.

Installed unreal tournament on every computer in a computer lab, and had a Lan part during lunch.
A ram board was stolen from a teachers computer (pretty sure I knew who did it because I was explaining what ram was and how to add/remove it to him...)
Told a kid how to netsend, he later sent a f you message to every computer (why didn't they have that command blocked?).
saw a kid with a magnet and a crt style monitor saying, "haha funny colors."
Somebody got a hold of a bunch of mouse balls and rolled them down a hallway. (not my school)

I also work at a school fixing computers and whatnot, no good stories though, probably the silliest thing I saw was some kids installed fnaf on a computer and it got infected with a virus.

I am sure I'll think of more.
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

mow123 wrote:

I didn't do most of these, mainly just told kids how to do stuff.

Installed unreal tournament on every computer in a computer lab, and had a Lan part during lunch.
A ram board was stolen from a teachers computer (pretty sure I knew who did it because I was explaining what ram was and how to add/remove it to him...)
Told a kid how to netsend, he later sent a f you message to every computer (why didn't they have that command blocked?).
saw a kid with a magnet and a crt style monitor saying, "haha funny colors."
Somebody got a hold of a bunch of mouse balls and rolled them down a hallway. (not my school)

I am sure I'll think of more.


They REMOVED netsend from windows!
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Flipped all the screens on all the computers to display everything sideways or upside down.

Back in the CRT screen days and candy colored MACs we used magnets and made the screens look oxidized.

I had ultimate access to all computers and TV projections, so I could post anything I wanted and it would show up on every screen on campus. Usually ugly, embarrassing photos of other students taken from the photography club.

I also had access to the school website because I was one of the designers. Made it hot pink and disabled access to PTA info.

Mass changed a whole classroom's password and forgot the password.
14128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27
Offline
Posted 7/27/16

Radraymond01 wrote:


mow123 wrote:

I didn't do most of these, mainly just told kids how to do stuff.

Installed unreal tournament on every computer in a computer lab, and had a Lan part during lunch.
A ram board was stolen from a teachers computer (pretty sure I knew who did it because I was explaining what ram was and how to add/remove it to him...)
Told a kid how to netsend, he later sent a f you message to every computer (why didn't they have that command blocked?).
saw a kid with a magnet and a crt style monitor saying, "haha funny colors."
Somebody got a hold of a bunch of mouse balls and rolled them down a hallway. (not my school)

I am sure I'll think of more.


They REMOVED netsend from windows!


Oh yeah it does look like after xp no more netsend hmm didn't know that, I don't ever use the command so w/e. (this was during window xp btw 9ish years ago)
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Country above...
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
One of my classmates watched some gainaxing oppai sizzle real on the school computers.


(With the teachers around!)
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Ah hell, I guess I'll list the stuff I did:
Replaced the association for .lnk files with a command to open HEREINMYGARAGE.mwv
Replaced Chrome with Chromium
Helped make a game in MATLAB
Found out a way to access the root folder where all the student drives are
Got admin privileges
Put the UT99 installer in the said folder
Got a certification for VB.net(why)
Played too much AOE2
Played too much Counter-Strike
Broke the NTFS partition by resizing it to install Arch
Fixed the NTFS partition, after the teacher harped on me for it
Installed openSUSE on a 128gb flashdrive
Used my server as an http proxy
Got asked "Are you a hacker?", because I was using the terminal on my laptop
Started on the world's worst game engine(https://github.com/agrecascino/OpenGLProject) and IRC server(https://github.com/agrecascino/TinyIRC)
AWE64 Gold get from teacher
SIS 6326 get from teacher
DDR2 get from teacher
Found out about OpenRA
Told teacher about how school website was running PHP 5.2 and unpatched Windows Server 2008
Alienated most people


Now that I think about it, I did a lot. Still think I'm forgetting some stuff.
312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / No Where
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
I was in a tech high school in Design and Visual Communications/ Commercial Art shop, shop for the whole week every other week. So I don't want to even get into the list of stupid stuff we did with that much time in a big computer lab with photoshop, illustration capability and industrial printers at our disposal.

In middle school we just had a computer class for one period a day, one day all hell broke loose when some friends and I started a throwing star battle with 3.5 floppy disks....it didn't end well......I'll leave it at that. We were much better people when it was just book tests on Apple IIe's in the 4th grade.
672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / The Country above...
Offline
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16

Radraymond01 wrote:

Ah hell, I guess I'll list the stuff I did:
Replaced the association for .lnk files with a command to open HEREINMYGARAGE.mwv
Replaced Chrome with Chromium
Helped make a game in MATLAB
Found out a way to access the root folder where all the student drives are
Got admin privileges
Put the UT99 installer in the said folder
Got a certification for VB.net(why)
Played too much AOE2
Played too much Counter-Strike
Broke the NTFS partition by resizing it to install Arch
Fixed the NTFS partition, after the teacher harped on me for it
Installed openSUSE on a 128gb flashdrive
Used my server as an http proxy
Got asked "Are you a hacker?", because I was using the terminal on my laptop
Started on the world's worst game engine(https://github.com/agrecascino/OpenGLProject) and IRC server(https://github.com/agrecascino/TinyIRC)
AWE64 Gold get from teacher
SIS 6326 get from teacher
DDR2 get from teacher
Found out about OpenRA
Told teacher about how school website was running PHP 5.2 and unpatched Windows Server 2008
Alienated most people


Now that I think about it, I did a lot. Still think I'm forgetting some stuff.


"Told teacher about how school website was running PHP 5.2 and unpatched Windows Server 2008"

I one time told the IT help-desk at my school that almost all computers and school issued laptops had the auto updater disabled, and they threatened to take away my laptop and then they said some BS about it "Getting Updates Pushed though the schools network" but those schmucks were blatantly lying and to top that off they deleted the warning messages to make me think that they did fix the auto updater.


(Also i wasn't the only person that told them)






(EDIT: Those screenshots were taken a long time ago on my school issued laptop)
Posted 7/27/16 , edited 7/27/16
Wasn't looking up porn, but went to a few suspicious websites, and these porno images kept popping up and I couldn't close them. However, that's what the power button is for.
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/27/16
Read smut online in class.

For weeks.



No one knew a damn thing.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.