Post Reply Is anime reinventing the supeheroes genre?
15177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/28/16
anime has all type of genre, from everybody want to have him, harem
To boarding the eva, or veritech mecha,
to what wackines the cute girls would do, moe.
But theres one that have been the most watching,
lately, from the one punch man, to my hero academia.
both're shonen, but they touch the world of superheroes.
but what make 'em from the mainstream that we know,
the Marvel n DC, here my points.

[b]their worlds.[/b]
in Tiger n Bunny, is a videogame on who can stop the
most of villain, or save the people. and rank point, turning
it into more of a game show, than something serious.
Or One punch man, where the heros are rank, by their intelligence,
and power level, and been atack by a diferent type of monster
or villain, that actually for the main protagonist Sato, is he own
playground for destruction.

Characters
Going with Sato, a character who take the hero job,as hobby
a character looking for the next rush in a fight,
cause beating 'em with one stroke of the fist, ends the menace.
theres's no adrenaline or purpose, causing for one have anxiety n
depresion, a very unique take on superhero. On tyger, a hero who have live for long
on this job that is common, but seen how they 've been recruiting younger n fresher
new heroes. causing doubt on even till continue, aging change every dna structure
on het body. that is related to my generation.


what they 've done

Now beetween Marvel n DC they have already made some, like batman
anthology that came out straight to dvd, made by variety of anime studios
call Gotham knight, there were good, and invented, on the marvel front
4 of 'em from Iron man, Blade, Wolverine, n the X-men. all introducing brand new
take of their heros, and with script writing by comic own Warren Ellis.
Now on gotham knight receive praise by the mainstream,
turning it into anthology, and seen the dark knight in diferent style
and focusing on the character of bruce wayne than of Batman, made it good.
On marvel side most of their story were confusing, and not on character
but more on enviroment. but was the same the heroe trope that
have follow over decades saving the day. As for style Madhouse got that cover.

Who win here?

When it came to the indies comics of the 90's, the genre was
was more invented, and recognize by the peer. one the most
recognize was Hellboy, meaning a demon saving the day against
threat of the underworld, i know it have been done, not when
your own protagonizes is the one thats gonna bring the end of days.
either way you put it, it always have to end with the trope that we all
know saving the day. that in anime have made it more fun n diferent by the topic that
it always focus, when it come to their characters n the world.

are they worthy for mainstream?
and as for recognition this 2 anime deserve, you might thinking is gonna happen,
doubting that hollywwood or even Marvel or DC. instead turn it into a crossover
remember the avenger vs attack on titan?

can it work for another genre

there some element that can work on the superheroe
that only anime can make it happen heres few:, from inventing something,
and destroying the competition /steampunk mecha, to
hell even the Harem one done right(ala highschool dxd ), or something out there
n strange like kill la kill, or somebody with too much time turning it into a slice of life.
theres something that they can mix up. creativity is everywhere.
from 8th man, to battle of the planet, anime have been influece by the american superheroes,
but lately they made it more intersting n of course fun. So for me, yes this media is defining it.
not absolutly, but fun. Now the reason i havent mention My hero academia, some of the element
of the story have already seen in american superheroe comics, but hey lets be fair this
is the reason anime does it good.
Tsuyu Asui frog power nuff said.

so disccus, do you think is reinventing it, and doing what anime is?
as for a worthy superheroes with anime flare comics:

Demo
By Brian Wood
Becky Cloonan

Sentinels
By Rich Bernatovech
Luciano Vecchio

And as always thank for been awesome.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
No.
13397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sibyl System
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Nope. It is not.
That is simple the hero's journey that is a narrative pattern that has existed for a very long time.
Anime is not in depth enough to recreate it and anime does not cross over worlds the way DC or Marvel do.
Characters in DC or Marvel live in the same Universe but have their own story.
I have yet to see an anime that is able to do this or a manga with several different story lines that eventually connect in some way or another the way they do in Marvel or DC comics.

So, simply, no.
LokiLB 
41572 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/29/16

Kikiest wrote:

Nope. It is not.
That is simple the hero's journey that is a narrative pattern that has existed for a very long time.
Anime is not in depth enough to recreate it and anime does not cross over worlds the way DC or Marvel do.
Characters in DC or Marvel live in the same Universe but have their own story.
I have yet to see an anime that is able to do this or a manga with several different story lines that eventually connect in some way or another the way they do in Marvel or DC comics.

So, simply, no.


I think the closest would be Tsubasa and xxxHolic. Clamp did some crazy multiverse stuff with those two an incorporated stuff from a lot of their previous work.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/29/16
If so I wish it would have changed before The Killing Joke came out and implemented a pointless uncomftorable sex scene that nearly ruined the movie.
13397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sibyl System
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

LokiLB wrote:


Kikiest wrote:

Nope. It is not.
That is simple the hero's journey that is a narrative pattern that has existed for a very long time.
Anime is not in depth enough to recreate it and anime does not cross over worlds the way DC or Marvel do.
Characters in DC or Marvel live in the same Universe but have their own story.
I have yet to see an anime that is able to do this or a manga with several different story lines that eventually connect in some way or another the way they do in Marvel or DC comics.

So, simply, no.


I think the closest would be Tsubasa and xxxHolic. Clamp did some crazy multiverse stuff with those two an incorporated stuff from a lot of their previous work.


Yeah that's definitely the closest there is to it.
8268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 7/29/16
I think anime has proven that it's pretty good at parodying or deconstructing superheroes, but I think saying it's somehow "reinventing" them is going a little too far.


Kerst wrote:

If so I wish it would have changed before The Killing Joke came out and implemented a pointless uncomftorable sex scene that nearly ruined the movie.


#batsex

4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

StriderShinryu wrote:

I think anime has proven that it's pretty good at parodying or deconstructing superheroes, but I think saying it's somehow "reinventing" them is going a little too far.


Kerst wrote:

If so I wish it would have changed before The Killing Joke came out and implemented a pointless uncomftorable sex scene that nearly ruined the movie.


#batsex



#batsex
You must be logged in to post.