First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Should polygamy be allowed?
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
We wouldn't have this thread if mods kept the first one that users lost interest in.
20910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 7/29/16

1stladyent wrote:

If polygamous relationships didn't involve incest, sure. There are polyamorous relationships out there already, it's likely common, just "frowned upon".


even if they did no need for it to be illegal unless its forced or reporduction is there
1684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
No, I think that no matter how you do that it's unfair, and a relationship has to be fair to hold on
16417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Online
Posted 7/29/16
I have nothing against botanists.
4504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/29/16
Polygamy is allowed in some places in the world. It used to be more popular but these days it isn't. What people do is just have mistresses or infedelity, there's swingers and open relationships.

Once an African man proposed to mother, he wanted to know if she'd be his 3rd wife. Then there was another African guy in his 20s who told mother that he wanted both of her daughters in marriage, me at 18 and younger sis at 16. He'd been hanging around the family for two years eyeing us up. I pointedly glared and him and told him I don't share. No way I'd want anything to do with a man who fully advocated FGM and said he'd have it done in his country. If you don't know what that is look it up, see here. Since mother was a midwife she dealt with the after consequences with a few women who'd had the most severe form done.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/female-genital-mutilation/pages/introduction.aspx

Polygamy and incest are two totally separate things.
3143 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Right well, loads of fun with this single guy or girl = =
18610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
As long as the guy can be fair and just I guess.
7415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
I have mixed feelings on Polygamy. I grew up with the belief it was wrong. Nowadays, with the divorce rate being somewhere around 50% (many times due to a partner admitting to love someone else too) I tend to wonder if Polygamy could be the answer to lowering the divorce rate. As long as it doesn't involve incest or abuse, it may just be a simple tool to save some marriages ... for myself though, I can't say I'd ever consider the option as I've never been one to look for anyone but the one I'm with at the time. That said, I can't see it as a wrong choice for those who would enter into it happily.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

stars201 wrote:
Personally, I would never be in one
You can be in mine?

tkayt wrote:
Once an African man proposed to mother, he wanted to know if she'd be his 3rd wife. Then there was another African guy in his 20s who told mother that he wanted both of her daughters in marriage, me at 18 and younger sis at 16. He'd been hanging around the family for two years eyeing us up.
lol the different culture + think of all they can hold or spread that way (illness etc) ughh..
and at 16? -__- sign me up!


7012 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Having one wife should be torture enough for any man.
4504 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

Freddy96NO wrote:


tkayt wrote:
Once an African man proposed to mother, he wanted to know if she'd be his 3rd wife. Then there was another African guy in his 20s who told mother that he wanted both of her daughters in marriage, me at 18 and younger sis at 16. He'd been hanging around the family for two years eyeing us up.
lol the different culture + think of all they can hold or spread that way (illness etc) ughh..
and at 16? -__- sign me up!



If you want to wear a dress and be one of his wives, that's up to you. Just be aware he'll be arranging to take a sharp instrument to your groin area.
17765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
there is good financial reasons to be married to more than one person.
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

tkayt wrote:
Just be aware he'll be arranging to take a sharp instrument to your groin area.
and its unclean and used on others before me? ....yeah its not good at all.

Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
only if it means women can engage in it too and not only men. Equal rights so. Men and women i guess
35784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
As long as no one is getting hurt I don't see the issue with it or anything else.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.