First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Bloodbath in Manila Philippines
604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
It is legit the purge 2016 over there wtf
http://m.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11683156

On one hand i'm happy that there is such drastic measures being taken against drug lords and dealers, on the other...

It can end up like the boston witch hunts where people just commit murders on unfounded claims, witch or not. You can potentially settle personal grudges and use drugs as an excuse to blast someone :/

I dunno, Duterte has a pretty solid track record as a mayor though, maybe it'll work out?? Maybe we're about to get raw unedited footage of the Purge 2016 who knows
24279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
No way... Here comes the downfall of civilized society.
Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/29/16
In other words, the Philippines is being dragged back to the stone age by this man Rodrigo Duterte. The psychological trauma inflicted upon those losing their loved ones means criminals will multiply and become more brutal than ever before. They will see crime plummet, call it a victory and success, use it as propaganda, and others might adapt this method without looking twice at modern studies. Then comes the STD train-- generations down the road, when crime increase exponentially, and runs completely out of control. And, of course, depending on who's in charge then, they will use that-- the increase in crime and brutality as propaganda, too. Hurray for retardation, I guess.
1042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Disappointing news.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
So he's eliminating the drug dealers but creating more murderers? Yeah, that makes sense.
Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/30/16

neugenx wrote:

So he's eliminating the drug dealers but creating more murderers? Yeah, that makes sense.


No-no, all the violence and personal emotional losses, losing children, siblings, parents, friends, colleagues, separated for life due to prison or death, all the vigilantism, living in terror of being witch-hunted even though you've done nothing wrong, because people are getting brutally murdered in the streets based on speculations, it will make for a great fairy-tale for future generations of children. That their society will be crippled psychologically over the years to come, no, that doesn't make any sense. Good luck with that mindset. I hope you advocate this in the U.S.A., I mean, what's the worse that could happen? That you were to be dragged into the streets because your neighbors think you push drugs, or simply didn't like you, and said you pushed drugs as a result of that? It's not like anyone would pull you out of your house, beat you to death, skin you, and hang you over a bridge with a sign that said "It's ok, because we thought he was a criminal," and then they take pictures of your abominable corpse and send it to your children, you know, to deter them from a life of crime, you know, the life that they think you chose.

[Spoiler tag added by mod lorreen. Images of bodies below spoiler may be especially disturbing to some]


Go go vigilantism! Go go murder! Kill anyone and everyone you think is a suspect! Have fun! Yay! How could it possibly have a negative effect on children psychologically? That doesn't make any sense. Come on, let's bring radical islam and christianity to American borders, as well. Yay! It doesn't make sense that it could possibly have a negative effect on society.

Wait, wait, let me just, let me just, mmmmmhhh, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, that tastes so good. How could I possibly become dehydrated now? INFINATE WATAR!

[Spoiler tag added by mod lorreen. Image of a chimp doing something most humans wouldn't may be disturbing to some for completely different reasons than the images above.]
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/29/16

Hrafna wrote:


neugenx wrote:

So he's eliminating the drug dealers but creating more murderers? Yeah, that makes sense.


No-no, all the violence and personal emotional losses, losing children, siblings, parents, friends, colleagues, separated for life due to prison or death, all the vigilantism, living in terror of being witch-hunted even though you've done nothing wrong, because people are getting brutally murdered in the streets based on speculations, it will make for a great fairy-tale for future generations of children. That their society will be crippled psychologically over the years to come, no, that doesn't make any sense. Good luck with that mindset. I hope you advocate this in the U.S.A., I mean, what's the worse that could happen? That you were to be dragged into the streets because your neighbors think you push drugs, or simply didn't like you, and said you pushed drugs as a result of that? It's not like anyone would pull you out of your house, beat you to death, skin you, and hang you over a bridge with a sign that said "It's ok, because we thought he was a criminal," and then they take pictures of your abominable corpse and send it to your children, you know, to deter them from a life of crime, you know, the life that they think you chose.



Go go vigilantism! Go go murder! Kill anyone and everyone you think is a suspect! Have fun! Yay! How could it possibly have a negative effect on children psychologically? That doesn't make any sense. Come on, let's bring radical islam and christianity to American borders, as well. Yay! It doesn't make sense that it could possibly have a negative effect on society.

Wait, wait, let me just, let me just, mmmmmhhh, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, that tastes so good. How could I possibly become dehydrated now? INFINATE WATAR!



Exactly.! That's what I meant by making more murderers. From a historical standpoint lynch mobs don't work...the Salem Witch Trials, The Crusades, etc...all they managed to do was create killers who were justified in their own minds due to the authorities telling them "hey, it's okay to kill and if you killed the wrong person, no worries just get it right next time!".
8752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Civilization at its finest.

Waiting for our Oppressive Rocky Overload from the Sky, so we can follow the dinosaurs into Nirvana..
11782 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / McDonough
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

MysticGon wrote:

No way... Here comes the downfall of civilized society.


Downfall of civilized society? Nah, welll maybe for the phillipines. They just get a hefty derank to Somalia level society. Not an important enough country to have drastic effects on civilization as a whole
Posted 7/29/16

neugenx wrote:

Exactly.! That's what I meant by making more murderers. From a historical standpoint lynch mobs don't work...the Salem Witch Trials, The Crusades, etc...all they managed to do was create killers who were justified in their own minds due to the authorities telling them "hey, it's okay to kill and if you killed the wrong person, no worries just get it right next time!".


Ahaha, I totally read you wrong then I thought I would multiply the sarcasm you used by over 9000.

*grabs beer*

Posted 7/29/16 , edited 7/29/16
Manila*

To add fuel to the fire, millions of people don't even bat an eye. Some go so far as to applaud what has been happening. The current president won by a large margin in the recent national elections. Millions of people voted for him knowing that he wants to kill "criminals" (alleged criminals).

On the other hand, many people are also against it. Some senators and the Commission on Human Rights are vocally against it. But it is so sad that many people condemn the Commission on Human Rights just because it is going against the president. Some people seem to think of the president as a messiah, to the demise of the country.

These are deplorable times. Although there have been good things done by the administration so far(and I applaud the president for that), extrajudicial killings should not be tolerated. I would even go so far as saying that the president is a principal by inducement for the many counts of murder in the Philippines.
7431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
48 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 7/29/16

Hrafna wrote:


neugenx wrote:

Exactly.! That's what I meant by making more murderers. From a historical standpoint lynch mobs don't work...the Salem Witch Trials, The Crusades, etc...all they managed to do was create killers who were justified in their own minds due to the authorities telling them "hey, it's okay to kill and if you killed the wrong person, no worries just get it right next time!".


Ahaha, I totally read you wrong then I thought I would multiply the sarcasm you used by over 9000.

*grabs beer*



All well and good .
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
While I see absolutely nothing wrong with punishing human trash like junkies and dealers with the death sentence perhaps that sort of thing is best left to police and the court system and not random citizens.
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
And people wonder why I say that having guns is a Right not a privlidge. If you have a bunch of enemies and they try to kill you then you can pull out your gun and take them out with you. If they know you have a gun they won't risk their lives. Instead they will try to defeat you legally or through some more difficult method.

33395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 7/29/16
Well that's rather shocking, is he trying to go for anarchy?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.