First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime you just can't get into
3062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 7/31/16
Mob Psycho 100.
1806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/31/16

paulchaested wrote:

Love Live series. Yeah that's right, I said it.


What? I won't blame you if you can't get into it whatever the reason is. To me, it' s exact opposite. It's a great series with... i think you get the point.
32 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Zanarkand
Offline
Posted 7/31/16
I tend to be okay with most anime and don't really dislike or hate any genre of anime since I can usually find at least one anime in that genre I can get into. That being said there are two shows I just can't stand. Attack on Titan and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Both I can't stand because they both have MCs that just get on my nerves. So I guess what will turn me off to an anime is if they have an MC I can't stand.
6404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Heuco Mundo
Offline
Posted 7/31/16

ComboChrist wrote:

Jojo - I expected maximum gayness and instead got NTR and some guys yelling about harmony or something like that


Ha ha lol. I was out by the 4th episode.
1806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 8/1/16
The following series fall into the same category:

Joker Game: it's great, i watched to the end. But there's many parts that leave me confused. No, not the crime scenes. The plot itself. That's it.

The Perfect Insider: same thing, though less. Nothing else to about this.

91 Days: too early to judge but feels like the start was like in Joker Game. Let's see how it turns out.

This one's different:

Mob Psycho 100: characters don't look cool and while there are time when they try to look funny (see ep1 and see what i mean), i'm not that amused.
It's also not as entertaining as One-Punch Man (despite from the same creator), but still giving it a shot.

And that's all there's to say.
8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Online
Posted 7/31/16
Naruto. Couldnt even bother with watching an episode.
Xeemix 
106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/16
Soul Eater, art style was just unpleasant to my eyes.
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/16

JosephJoestar01 wrote:

For some reason I can't get into any romantic show whatsoever, except for one: Snow White with The Red Hair. I love almost everything about that show, the characters were great, the animation was gorgeous, the music very serene and fitting and good drama, although the drama was done better in the first season in my opinion. It really felt like I was watching a great Disney romance.

But strangely enough, I can't bring myself to watch any other romantic shows. I tried to watch Toradora, Kimi ni Todoke, and many others because people seem to like them so much, but I fell asleep every single time. I just don't like them at all.

And I guess another would be the Monogatari series, and it's not because of the weird animation, in fact I love how bizarre it is. But I really didn't like anything else beyond the animation. Many people say the characters are a lot deeper than your typical harems, but I didn't find them to be deep at all. They're all normal harem characters. Telling the audience what stereotype you're supposed to be like Senjougahara does without doing anything to change that is not clever, it's just meta dialogue.
Man we're opposites i like a lot of romances but for me snow white with the red hair was so DAMN boring i couldn't watch anymore than episode 6

7061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

Xeemix wrote:

Soul Eater, art style was just unpleasant to my eyes.


You really shouldn't judge a series just because of the art style, it's a very superficial reason, unless you didn't like the characters or the story, in that case then I can totally understand. But if you dropped it just because it doesn't look pretty then I suggest giving it another chance.
8250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/31/16

JosephJoestar01 wrote:


Xeemix wrote:

Soul Eater, art style was just unpleasant to my eyes.


You really shouldn't judge a series just because of the art style, it's a very superficial reason, unless you didn't like the characters or the story, in that case then I can totally understand. But if you dropped it just because it doesn't look pretty then I suggest giving it another chance.


I disagree. It's a visual medium. That's what sets it apart from books. I've encountered quite a few people who can't deal with anime at all, because of the general art style. The art catches our attention, and guides what we watch. Personally, I'm very picky about the art, especially the character art. I have a hard time enjoying or even following the story if I don't like the art, no matter how good the writing is. Meanwhile, I can often enjoy shows that have subpar writing (like Asterisk War or Sword Art Online) because I really like the art.

Different people have different tastes.
Werina 
205539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/16
THE irregular at magic.. SOMETHING SOMETHING.

watched like 2-3 episodes. and i didnt pay much attention cus it was boring
8250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

Werina wrote:

THE irregular at magic.. SOMETHING SOMETHING.

watched like 2-3 episodes. and i didnt pay much attention cus it was boring


I can totally understand that. The heroes are so overpowered that there's no tension in the story. (I enjoyed it anyway, because I like the art.)

Another show with that problem is Gate, although the premise is pretty interesting.
7061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 7/31/16 , edited 7/31/16

RMikami wrote:


JosephJoestar01 wrote:


Xeemix wrote:

Soul Eater, art style was just unpleasant to my eyes.


You really shouldn't judge a series just because of the art style, it's a very superficial reason, unless you didn't like the characters or the story, in that case then I can totally understand. But if you dropped it just because it doesn't look pretty then I suggest giving it another chance.


I disagree. It's a visual medium. That's what sets it apart from books. I've encountered quite a few people who can't deal with anime at all, because of the general art style. The art catches our attention, and guides what we watch. Personally, I'm very picky about the art, especially the character art. I have a hard time enjoying or even following the story if I don't like the art, no matter how good the writing is. Meanwhile, I can often enjoy shows that have subpar writing (like Asterisk War or Sword Art Online) because I really like the art.

Different people have different tastes.


I can't enjoy a series because of the art if it has horrible writing. Quality of the story is more important than anything else, and Soul Eater has an excellent story, just like JoJo and Mob Psycho 100 which also have a different art style, but people can't bring themselves to enjoy them even though they're awesome shows and are far better than most other shows with pretty art. No amount of good animation can save a bad story, but it can happen the other way around. To put an example, I never wanted to watch One Piece because I didn't like the drawings, but I decided to give it a shot, and now I like it more than Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, Fairy Tail and many other shonen shows because the story is just so good.

Animation is important of course, and I get where you're coming from, but from where I see it, the story is the most important part of a visual project, not just animation, but movies and video games as well (and games also need excellent gameplay to match the story, but that's just another topic entirely)

8250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 7/31/16
I'm suddenly reminded that I've never watched Fullmetal Alchemist. I just haven't seen anything about it that interests me so far.
115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/31/16
Steins;Gate.
The protagonist drives me insane. I'm fine with protags not being cookie-cutters but he's just annoying. He's mean to everybody. I bogged through several hours of the show and it didn't change. No thanks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.