First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Why I will never pay for premium membership here ever again
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
Years ago, on my first account here, I thought this site was wonderful. It WAS-- Then. Now, this site is not worth the money. Why? I will explain.


I saw a user here on this site, just yesterday, get banned for a year for posting R/X-Rated pictures in their Pages, then make a side account to bypass being banned. I went about my day, and when I checked in the evening, the side account was gone, and they had their account unbanned somehow.



Care to explain to me why ANYONE should PAY this site when they will not uphold punishment? How are users here expected to feel SAFE when the site lets offenders off so easily? This is why I and others I know will be taking our business elsewhere.
Posted 7/30/16
Bye
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16
well then, free to leave.
and yeah moved.
10646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/30/16
People feel... unsafe... by their self-inflicted offenses?
One Punch Mod
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/30/16

PokeCutie wrote:

Years ago, on my first account here, I thought this site was wonderful. It WAS-- Then. Now, this site is not worth the money. Why? I will explain.


I saw a user here on this site, just yesterday, get banned for a year for posting R/X-Rated pictures in their Pages, then make a side account to bypass being banned. I went about my day, and when I checked in the evening, the side account was gone, and they had their account unbanned somehow.



Care to explain to me why ANYONE should PAY this site when they will not uphold punishment? How are users here expected to feel SAFE when the site lets offenders off so easily? This is why I and others I know will be taking our business elsewhere.


I've moved this over to the Site Support / Minor Questions forum.

Our normal methods for moderating include warning folks and giving folks chances. Sometimes, as in the case you mention, we give a ban more as a way to keep the inappropriate content out of sight while giving the user a chance to correct the problem. Once the problem is voluntary corrected, as it was in this case, we lift the ban. This was the first documented offense for this user and we felt that was adequate.

I'll also point out that while the content was in violation of CR's site rules, and was something that some users would find unpleasant to encounter, there had been no allegation that the user had behaved towards others in a way that made them feel unsafe.

4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 7/30/16

This is why I and others I know will be taking our business elsewhere.


You speak for other people now?
Posted 7/30/16
Uhm I'm not really comfortable saying much but I do know when a year long ban is imposed on someone who then creates another account to get around their punishment and get caught doing that I can't see how they should be rewarded by getting their original account back and the year long ban removed.
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 7/30/16
Censoring isn't ubiquitous across the entire internet. If you want to avoid that kind of content you're responsible for avoiding it not sites or other users.
Posted 7/30/16

Kerst wrote:


This is why I and others I know will be taking our business elsewhere.


You speak for other people now?



For my family and offline friends who, like myself, are beyond mad at this, yes.
Posted 7/30/16

mlchanges wrote:

Censoring isn't ubiquitous across the entire internet. If you want to avoid that kind of content you're responsible for avoiding it not sites or other users.


13 year olds can make accounts here
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16

PokeCutie wrote:
For my family and offline friends who, like myself, are beyond mad at this, yes.
mad at other people online you mean?
Did they harm anyone of you in some cind of way?

PokeCutie wrote:
13 year olds can make accounts here
they shouldn't be, but then again there are younger people on here.
Even young people understand how the internet can be, ofc to a degree.

Posted 7/30/16

lorreen wrote:


PokeCutie wrote:

Years ago, on my first account here, I thought this site was wonderful. It WAS-- Then. Now, this site is not worth the money. Why? I will explain.


I saw a user here on this site, just yesterday, get banned for a year for posting R/X-Rated pictures in their Pages, then make a side account to bypass being banned. I went about my day, and when I checked in the evening, the side account was gone, and they had their account unbanned somehow.



Care to explain to me why ANYONE should PAY this site when they will not uphold punishment? How are users here expected to feel SAFE when the site lets offenders off so easily? This is why I and others I know will be taking our business elsewhere.


I've moved this over to the Site Support / Minor Questions forum.

Our normal methods for moderating include warning folks and giving folks chances. Sometimes, as in the case you mention, we give a ban more as a way to keep the inappropriate content out of sight while giving the user a chance to correct the problem. Once the problem is voluntary corrected, as it was in this case, we lift the ban. This was the first documented offense for this user and we felt that was adequate.

I'll also point out that while the content was in violation of CR's site rules, and was something that some users would find unpleasant to encounter, there had been no allegation that the user had behaved towards others in a way that made them feel unsafe.



They then made a SIDE ACCOUNT, to bypass this warning ban. 13 year olds make accounts here. This person admitted in their headline, that they were banned twice including that one.
One Punch Mod
85933 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 7/30/16 , edited 7/30/16

Freddy96NO wrote:

PokeCutie wrote:
13 year olds can make accounts here
they shouldn't be,


Per CR's Terms of Service you must be at least 13 years old to have an account. Therefore, people that young may indeed have a legitimate account here.


15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 7/30/16

lorreen wrote:
Per CR's Terms of Service you must be at least 13 years old to have an account. Therefore, people that young may indeed have a legitimate account here.
yeah true, I was thinking of something else now..arrghh.. oh well forgot it..

4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 7/30/16


Your whining that 13 yr olds are on the interne. 13 yr olds are on the internet?! I'm shocked!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.