First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Rio 2016 Olympics
42236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / dead
Offline
Posted 8/12/16
of course the US completely rekt everyone else in my two main favs; swimming & gymnastics.
3811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / California, USA
Offline
Posted 8/12/16 , edited 8/12/16
No one knows Joseph Schooling from Singapore till now.

Schooling won by a blowout in 100m butterfly swimming final and Phelps, Le Clos, and Cseh all tied for silver. No bronze.

https://www.reddit.com/r/olympics/comments/4xgwra/schooling_sin_wins_mens_100_fly_denying_phelps/
1148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Republic of Lakotah
Offline
Posted 8/12/16

The_Crunchy_User_USA wrote:

No one knows Joseph Schooling from Singapore till now.

Schooling won by a blowout in 100m butterfly swimming final and Phelps, Le Clos, and Cseh all tied for silver. No bronze.


How was it a blowout exactly?

I was rooting for my boy Brady Ellison during the archery competition. His match against the South Korean was really close; too bad for him. At least he got a bronze out of it.
19705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

AnActualArtist wrote:


The_Crunchy_User_USA wrote:

No one knows Joseph Schooling from Singapore till now.

Schooling won by a blowout in 100m butterfly swimming final and Phelps, Le Clos, and Cseh all tied for silver. No bronze.


How was it a blowout exactly?

I was rooting for my boy Brady Ellison during the archery competition. His match against the South Korean was really close; too bad for him. At least he got a bronze out of it.


Schooling won by over half a second, which is a lot for any 100m event
53835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 8/15/16 , edited 8/16/16
8/16/16 12:06am Central Time Zone

USA is now in first place.. 26 Gold, 23 Silver, and 26 Bronze. Total Medals 75

China in Second place.. 15 Gold, 14 Silver, and 17 Bronze. Total Medals 46

Great Britain in Third place.. 16 Gold, 17 Silver, and 8 Bronze Total Medals 41

Gold 4 points, Silver 2 points, Bronze 1 points

USA = 176 Points

China = 105 Points

Great Britain = 106 Points

So according to the points shouldn't GB be in second place?


Edit:

Does anyone know? Aren't you guys/ladies bit curious? Am I doing it wrong?
25440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
Watching Brazil womens indoor volley ball have new big time Amazon Crush all 6-6 of her


5877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/16 , edited 8/16/16
This China-Brasil volleyball match has gone from amazing to Haikyuu status.
14015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Earth.
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
^Agreed

My family and I were watching it together and it was the most intense real life volleyball match I've ever seen.


Great playing on both sides.
37972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / The Land of the Free
Offline
Posted 8/17/16
I wish they had baseball and football in the Olympics.
25440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Giantsgiants wrote:

I wish they had baseball and football in the Olympics.


When the Olympics comes to Tokyo in 4 years they will introduce it back as host country you get to bring 1 sport back and Japan loves baseball
53835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 8/19/16

animegirl2222 wrote:

of course the US completely rekt everyone else in my two main favs; swimming & gymnastics.



Of course US = Roman Empire
33640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/19/16

scoobydew wrote:


Giantsgiants wrote:

I wish they had baseball and football in the Olympics.


When the Olympics comes to Tokyo in 4 years they will introduce it back as host country you get to bring 1 sport back and Japan loves baseball



Giantsgiants wrote:

I wish they had baseball and football in the Olympics.


https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-approves-five-new-sports-for-olympic-games-tokyo-2020
2142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/19/16 , edited 8/19/16
Late, to post this, but totally proud of fellow Puerto Rican, Mónica Puig! Puig beat out Angelique Kerber (ranked #2 in the world). First gold medal in the history of PR!

25440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 8/19/16
A lot of negative press at Olympics lately except this story true meaning of spirit of the games. Two strangers from other countries help each other finish the race. The American ran a mile with torn meniscus tendon true grit.




19705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/20/16
Brazil def. Germany 5-4 on penalties
Brazil manage to claim gold on home soil against a tough German side.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.