First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Hillary admits she wants to tax the middle class
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.


What about those who are jobless or homeless or too poor to afford healthcare?

What about those who need to goto the hospital routinely and as such can't afford it.

Those people exist and the others need to help them out


Dude I grew up in a household making less than 10k a year. I will let you in on something, those people you just described. Are usually people who dug that hell hole of a situation. It's easier to sit around collecting free checks than it is to do something about it.

Your preaching this stuff to the wrong guy.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/4/16

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.




That's hilarious. The marginal tax rates throughout Bush's presidency and Barack Obama's presidency are nearly identical, only large change was Obama creating a new tax bracket on those above $450k. I'll give Bush some credit though, as he was the one who created the lowest bracket of marginal tax for those who are impoverished,

The US has high taxes in large because of inefficient bureaucracies, you don't need to bring partisanship into this where it doesn't exist.




Where they don't exist.

Gee who's idea was it to make everyone get on a government health care plan at the expense on the country? Oh ya! A democrat!
17065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Fredericton, NB
Offline
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/7/16

descloud wrote:

Where they don't exist.

Gee who's idea was it to make everyone get on a government health care plan at the expense on the country? Oh ya! A democrat!


And look at all the other countries it works out pretty damn great in? Can't even count them all.

Obamacare is the tattered remains of a quality nationwide healthcare plan, and you've got the republican congress and their several dozen amendments to thank for that.

Before you start spouting more baseless anti-democratic speech, remember the reason you can even speak at a adult level is because of public school, which is a left wing development. Oh and paved highways and roads? Same thing.
20969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/4/16

descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.


What about those who are jobless or homeless or too poor to afford healthcare?

What about those who need to goto the hospital routinely and as such can't afford it.

Those people exist and the others need to help them out


Dude I grew up in a household making less than 10k a year. I will let you in on something, those people you just described. Are usually people who dug that hell hole of a situation. It's easier to sit around collecting free checks than it is to do something about it.

Your preaching this stuff to the wrong guy.


Well I can tell you if I lived in America I would be dead

I can only afford to live and study due to the healthcare system in my country.

All my 13 pills I take a day which I need are 90% cheaper due to taxes (still cost like 100 a week)
My psychologist visits which are necessary are paid by the government.

I am sick a lot so I visit the doctor a lot as I have health problems.
I see a specialist for my hormones (not producing right) which costs a shit ton without tax money.

Without the healthcare system in my country I would be dead Americas healthcare just irks me to no end.

I hardly get by now imagine if I had to pay 90% more what I do now as a student

2000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Greensboro NC
Offline
Posted 8/4/16
these taxes wouldn't even be as much a problem if the tax the upper class and corporation the same way and we got appropriate returns.
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:


descloud wrote:

Where they don't exist.

Gee who's idea was it to make everyone get on a government health care plan at the expense on the country? Oh ya! A democrat!


And look at all the other countries it works out pretty damn great in? Can't even count them all.

Obamacare is the tattered remains of a quality nationwide healthcare plan, and you've got the republican congress and their several dozen amendments to thank for that.

Before you start spouting more baseless anti-democratic speech, remember the reason you can even speak at a adult level is because of public school, which is a left wing development. Oh and paved highways and roads? Same thing.


The reason free health care works well in other countries is because they have smaller populations.

Though you make a valid point about the reason I have the privilege of adult education.
7167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/4/16

descloud wrote:


KnightOfZero1991 wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.




That's hilarious. The marginal tax rates throughout Bush's presidency and Barack Obama's presidency are nearly identical, only large change was Obama creating a new tax bracket on those above $450k. I'll give Bush some credit though, as he was the one who created the lowest bracket of marginal tax for those who are impoverished,

The US has high taxes in large because of inefficient bureaucracies, you don't need to bring partisanship into this where it doesn't exist.





Where they don't exist.

Gee who's idea was it to make everyone get on a government health care plan at the expense on the country? Oh ya! A democrat!


You mean the plan created by the conservative think tank Heritage Foundation that's also used on a state level by a Republican Governor? Are we talking about that one?
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.


What about those who are jobless or homeless or too poor to afford healthcare?

What about those who need to goto the hospital routinely and as such can't afford it.

Those people exist and the others need to help them out


Dude I grew up in a household making less than 10k a year. I will let you in on something, those people you just described. Are usually people who dug that hell hole of a situation. It's easier to sit around collecting free checks than it is to do something about it.

Your preaching this stuff to the wrong guy.


Well I can tell you if I lived in America I would be dead

I can only afford to live and study due to the healthcare system in my country.

All my 13 pills I take a day which I need are 90% cheaper due to taxes (still cost like 100 a week)
My psychologist visits which are necessary are paid by the government.

I am sick a lot so I visit the doctor a lot as I have health problems.
I see a specialist for my hormones (not producing right) which costs a shit ton without tax money.

Without the healthcare system in my country I would be dead Americas healthcare just irks me to no end.

I hardly get by now imagine if I had to pay 90% more what I do now as a student



I was under the assumption you lived in the United States. I apologize for my ignorance.
11350 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/4/16
In 1977 if you made $7,200 your taxation rate was 19% - 14% at the lowest bracket if you made over $3200. Highest was 70% if you made over $203,000

By 1986 taxes had come down a little to the lowest being 11% at $3670, 22% for $21800 & Highest was 50% at $175,000

In 1987 they reduced the amount of brackets that we had..which means instead of having more specific rates for specific incomes, they lumped everyone together at larger sums at a time...from a few thousand difference, to tens of thousands difference.

11% if you made less than $3,000 - first time EVERYONE was taxed.
15% from over $3,000 to $28,0000
28% from $28,000 to $45,000
35.0% from $45,000 to $90,000
& lastly, 38.5% with anyone over $90,000

& As of 2013

TAX RATE, OVER, BUT NOT OVER
10.0%, $0, $17,850
15.0% $17,850 $72,500
25.0% $72,500 $146,400
28.0% $146,400 $223,050
33.0% $223,050 $398,350
35.0% $398,350 $450,000
39.6% $450,000

See the difference? The middle class is quite similar on rates, but it is the rich who have escaped any sort of fair taxation - we NEED a Buffet rule



But yeah - i have seen Hillary's Tax plan & it sucks dick as far as rates go, but Donald's is not any better, and his is more lenient on business than hers lol.

PROS of Donald's plan:

If you are single and earn less than $25,000, or married and jointly earn less than $50,000, you will not owe any income tax. That removes nearly 75 million households – over 50% – from the income tax rolls.

CONS:

All other Americans will get a simpler tax code with four brackets – 0%, 10%, 20% and 25% – instead of the current seven. This new tax code eliminates the marriage penalty and the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) while providing the lowest tax rate since before World War II.

- simple brackets and low taxes for everyone are not what we need.

No business of any size, from a Fortune 500 to a mom and pop shop to a freelancer living job to job, will pay more than 15% of their business income in taxes.

- so instead of shifting the tax burden to the people that make most of the profits, like the Fortune 500, who already pay lower taxes than most of us anyways thanks to corporate loopholes, it is a direct shift to the individual. I disagree with that tactic, I understand the goal is to create a competitive job environment, but we can't compete against slave wages in third world countries so that argument is a diversion tactic.

No family will have to pay the death tax. You earned and saved that money for your family, not the government. You paid taxes on it when you earned it.

- ALMOST NO FAMILY NOW PAYS A DEATH TAX - You have to be transferring over $5,450,000 (effectively $10.90 million per married couple) to have the death tax effect you...so again, a pass on the rich.

http://taxfoundation.org/article/us-federal-individual-income-tax-rates-history-1913-2013-nominal-and-inflation-adjusted-brackets

16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

Serrota wrote:

these taxes wouldn't even be as much a problem if the tax the upper class and corporation the same way and we got appropriate returns.


Most of the upper class pay their share of taxes. It's certain conglomerate corporations that can shuffle useless brands and assets around along with wall street and their special set of rules that screw things up. Some people think all corporations can do it and they can't. It's mainly the corporations that are diversified and buy out other companies that are capable of doing it. Any law has to target the offenders and not punish unrelated corporations and doing that is the difficult part.

If all you do all day is make money though stocks and dividends then you can pay a lower tax rate than people who make it through more conventional methods. Ironically they are the biggest supporters of Hillary and were completely against Bernie and Trump.
Humms 
10583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 8/4/16
Who gives a shit. What is anyone going to do about it if that is in fact true.

Homeless? Just another job description. People can work their fucking ass off to the bone, but what does that mean to everyone else? Just another dumb ass doing useless work? Who's going to take out that garbage when all is said and done? Makes me laugh in all honesty.

Middle class? The government was created to fuck over hard working people so that they may rule. It's pathetic. I laugh at everything I see now, I must be the happiest man on earth to be laughing this much.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.


What about those who are jobless or homeless or too poor to afford healthcare?


What about those who need to goto the hospital routinely and as such can't afford it.

Those people exist and the others need to help them out


You can develop feasible government programs to help those in need of financial aid without imposing harsh and useless programs like Obamacare



No, actually "others" don't. the overwhelming amount of people in this predicament are people who screwed themselves tbh, and even if they didn't I have zero obligation to help in any way and forcing me to is wrong. I have always thought donating to charities and organizations that I can investigate and know whether my money is being put to good use is exponentially better than being forced to hand it over to failing government programs that don't have to compete with private sector groups to maintain quality, even in the case of charity.

20969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 8/4/16 , edited 8/4/16

Punk_Mela wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


descloud wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

If your taxes are that bad and you can't afford free healthcare then something is wrong.



People could afford healthcare on their own if democrats stop taxing the crap out of people.


What about those who are jobless or homeless or too poor to afford healthcare?


What about those who need to goto the hospital routinely and as such can't afford it.

Those people exist and the others need to help them out


You can develop feasible government programs to help those in need of financial aid without imposing harsh and useless programs like Obamacare



No, actually "others" don't. the overwhelming amount of people in this predicament are people who screwed themselves tbh, and even if they didn't I have zero obligation to help in any way and forcing me to is wrong. I have always thought donating to charities and organizations that I can investigate and know whether my money is being put to good use is exponentially better than being forced to hand it over to failing government programs that don't have to compete with private sector groups to maintain quality, even in the case of charity.



Aid shouldn't end in debt though.
Also there is a big majority who didn't do anything wrong.
People should help others via tax or directly.

Because of my luck to live in my country. Not only do I get financial aid ($500 a fortnight) but I also get free healthcare and can live happily whilst applying for a job and studying.

Problem is you can't live even semi-comfortably on financial aid programs.

My country would be shit if it had Americas piss poor healthcare system.

People with my disability in America end up having to suffer and live uncomfortably because they can't get jobs and people refuse to help them live.

Society should fight together to make sure all who try can live comfortably.



5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/4/16

KnightOfZero1991 wrote:


descloud wrote:

Where they don't exist.

Gee who's idea was it to make everyone get on a government health care plan at the expense on the country? Oh ya! A democrat!


And look at all the other countries it works out pretty damn great in? Can't even count them all.

Obamacare is the tattered remains of a quality nationwide healthcare plan, and you've got the republican congress and their several dozen amendments to thank for that.

Before you start spouting more baseless anti-democratic speech, remember the reason you can even speak at a adult level is because of public school, which is a left wing development. Oh and paved highways and roads? Same thing.


Lol, wow. Just wow. The "left wing development" that produced highways and public school was nothing like the modern left wing, and if you think the democrats are solely responsible for this you are sorely mistaken. That is an incredibly poor argument. And no, other countries aren't "working out great", private sector healthcare industries thrive in countries like Canada and Italy, which I have personally had nationals from both these countries explain to me just how horrible these programs are and how lucky they are to be immigrating to the US. "Free" healthcare isn't free and it has no place existing in a "democratic" country when it was rejected democratically and imposed as a tax to begin with.
24190 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / California (Nor C...
Offline
Posted 8/4/16
We get taxed up the wazooo..double taxation..and other crap.. I bet if we weren't the world police and didn't give away money to the defense companies to make expensive useless shit (like the F-35), we wouldn't even need this much in taxes
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.