First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
A clothing question
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16

Rinrinrinn wrote:

Here's a good article that supports what I have mentioned earlier:

Who Do We Dress Up For — Other Women, Men Or Ourselves? The Great Debate

As much as people say that they dress for themselves, it's really not as simple as that. We dress to communicate. This is why we don't care for walking around in our underwear at home nor do we care to get changed on days we don't go out and meet other people. It's because there's really no reason for it. No one will see. No one will say anything. But when we go out, we want to make a statement. We want people to notice us and to have a certain impression of us. We wear what we want others to see us as. So a girl in a relationship going out in an outfit put together to attract male attention cannot say she doesn't want attention. That's total bullshit. As I've said, we all know what we want to achieve when we get dressed. Even using the excuse of an outfit giving confidence is pretty silly because it's really not the outfit that gives confidence, but the attention and response it gets from its target audience.


"We dress to communicate"

Who is we because i don't dress to communicate i wear whatever i think feels comfortable or fits.

Not everyone dresses to communicate.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/7/16
/gets into a relationship with a woman who dressed in revealing clothes
/gets shocked that the woman dressed in revealing clothes

20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16

Akane1984 wrote:


Crazy_Monster wrote:

Girls if you are in a relationship and you want to wear revealing clothes knowing your significant other doesnt like it, then who are you really trying to dress for?



First, I don't have to give an explanation for anything that I wear.

Second, and to address the OP, I'm fortunate to be married to someone who would never say yay or nay. He realizes that I dress for myself, and he does the same. We encourage each other to do so. The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over. Respect goes both ways, and if you have a problem with how a woman dresses, whether you are there or not , then the problem is yours. If you don't trust your mate, then why? It's not about the clothes. It should never be about what she's wearing.


"The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over."

That's an overreaction if i have ever seen one
12277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Hawaii
Offline
Posted 8/7/16
I would think my significant other wouldn't care about the clothes I wear and would respect my decision of what clothes I like. He shouldn't believe his opinion of my choice of clothing will override my opinion.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

/gets into a relationship with a woman who dressed in revealing clothes
/gets shocked that the woman dressed in revealing clothes



to be fair maybe she didn't dress like that before?
Posted 8/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

"We dress to communicate"

Who is we because i don't dress to communicate i wear whatever i think feels comfortable or fits.

Not everyone dresses to communicate.


So you're saying that you have no personal style? That you go to the store and grab things will-nilly as long as they fit you? That your t-shirts or accessories don't express things you like or anything about you? I find that very hard to believe.
3266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / Somewhere...
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Akane1984 wrote:


Crazy_Monster wrote:

Girls if you are in a relationship and you want to wear revealing clothes knowing your significant other doesnt like it, then who are you really trying to dress for?



First, I don't have to give an explanation for anything that I wear.

Second, and to address the OP, I'm fortunate to be married to someone who would never say yay or nay. He realizes that I dress for myself, and he does the same. We encourage each other to do so. The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over. Respect goes both ways, and if you have a problem with how a woman dresses, whether you are there or not , then the problem is yours. If you don't trust your mate, then why? It's not about the clothes. It should never be about what she's wearing.


"The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over."

That's an overreaction if i have ever seen one


When you have more life experience, come back and discuss.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16

Akane1984 wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Akane1984 wrote:


Crazy_Monster wrote:

Girls if you are in a relationship and you want to wear revealing clothes knowing your significant other doesnt like it, then who are you really trying to dress for?



First, I don't have to give an explanation for anything that I wear.

Second, and to address the OP, I'm fortunate to be married to someone who would never say yay or nay. He realizes that I dress for myself, and he does the same. We encourage each other to do so. The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over. Respect goes both ways, and if you have a problem with how a woman dresses, whether you are there or not , then the problem is yours. If you don't trust your mate, then why? It's not about the clothes. It should never be about what she's wearing.


"The moment a man ever told me otherwise, in the past, that relationship was over."

That's an overreaction if i have ever seen one


When you have more life experience, come back and discuss.


I have enough to tell you that is an overreaction ;)

You can respect someone and tell them you don't like them dressing the way they are.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

/gets into a relationship with a woman who dressed in revealing clothes
/gets shocked that the woman dressed in revealing clothes



to be fair maybe she didn't dress like that before?
I would have given op benefit of the doubt if his examples didn't include halter top and lace up shirts.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16 , edited 8/7/16

Rinrinrinn wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

"We dress to communicate"

Who is we because i don't dress to communicate i wear whatever i think feels comfortable or fits.

Not everyone dresses to communicate.


So you're saying that you have no personal style? That you go to the store and grab things will-nilly as long as they fit you? That your t-shirts or accessories don't express things you like or anything about you? I find that very hard to believe.



Nope they don't express me i just wear clothing people buy for me i never buy my own clothes and if i ever do i grab whatever is cheap and fits.

I hate clothing if i wanted clothing that expresses me it would look out of place and i would get bullied it's always been that way so i don't dress to express myself or with clothes i like.

If i had to go with clothes i like i would need to get them custom designed as most "Modern" clothing is about simplicity and i hate that if i had to choose a sort of shirt to wear it would be like this guys shirt from a game i love.



However people are not accepting with clothing that is fitted with belts or other pointless but good looking things so i just don't wear clothing that expresses who i am.

I'm someone who hates normalcy so i can't find clothing that expresses who i am.

If i had it my way i would be wearing a suit with two belts on the left sleave at all times however society is cruel and what expresses who i am makes others act like fools.
665 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/7/16
I dress in what feels most comfortable. I am not in a relationship
but if a man tried to control my outfits or how i wear my hair guess what i would dump him.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:

/gets into a relationship with a woman who dressed in revealing clothes
/gets shocked that the woman dressed in revealing clothes



to be fair maybe she didn't dress like that before?
I would have given op benefit of the doubt if his examples didn't include halter top and lace up shirts.


Each to their own though he might dislike that but \ o /
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Each to their own though he might dislike that but \ o /
people have their own definition of risque i suppose.
Posted 8/7/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Nope they don't express me i just wear clothing people buy for me i never buy my own clothes and if i ever do i grab whatever is cheap and fits.

I hate clothing if i wanted clothing that expresses me it would look out of place and i would get bullied it's always been that way so i don't dress to express myself or with clothes i like.

If i had to go with clothes i like i would need to get them custom designed as most "Modern" clothing is about simplicity and i hate that if i had to choose a sort of shirt to wear it would be like this guys shirt from a game i love.



However people are not accepting with clothing that is fitted with belts or other pointless but good looking things so i just don't wear clothing that expresses who i am.


That's rather sad. I wouldn't say that people are not accepting. For the most part, people don't really care. I've met a guy who dresses like a pirate. Sure people will give him strange looks, but he doesn't seem to care. He's become a bit of an icon. If you say "the pirate guy in ********" most people who've seen him will know who you're talking about. I think your view is just too negative and also (forgive the assumption if it's wrong) quite lazy.
20721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/7/16 , edited 8/7/16

Rinrinrinn wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Nope they don't express me i just wear clothing people buy for me i never buy my own clothes and if i ever do i grab whatever is cheap and fits.

I hate clothing if i wanted clothing that expresses me it would look out of place and i would get bullied it's always been that way so i don't dress to express myself or with clothes i like.

If i had to go with clothes i like i would need to get them custom designed as most "Modern" clothing is about simplicity and i hate that if i had to choose a sort of shirt to wear it would be like this guys shirt from a game i love.



However people are not accepting with clothing that is fitted with belts or other pointless but good looking things so i just don't wear clothing that expresses who i am.


That's rather sad. I wouldn't say that people are not accepting. For the most part, people don't really care. I've met a guy who dresses like a pirate. Sure people will give him strange looks, but he doesn't seem to care. He's become a bit of an icon. If you say "the pirate guy in ********" most people who've seen him will know who you're talking about. I think your view is just too negative and also (forgive the assumption if it's wrong) quite lazy.


I'm a pessimist of course it would be negative and i'm lazy that usually goes hand in hand with depression ;)

I just find clothing that stands out and looks weird to be to my liking
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.