First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do Shounen characters yell their attack names during fights?
13153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/16
There are a lot of reasons for it from a production writing standpoint, but less so in universe. However, it isn't uncommon to yell or grunt while you are fighting so its not too far of a stretch that someone would yell attack names.
12332 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In Italy for a year
Offline
Posted 8/6/16

oneouts123 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a logical reason behind this? The only shounen that doesn't do this is HxH.


Killua: "God speed!!"

Gon: "First comes rock.. paper.. ROOOOOOCK!"

I'm sure they do
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 8/6/16 , edited 8/6/16

oneouts123 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a logical reason behind this? The only shounen that doesn't do this is HxH.


You're wrong they do say their attacks in HXH quite a bit actually. Can't believe you missed ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
Also because it's way cooler and less boring
15947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Cold and High
Offline
Posted 8/6/16 , edited 8/7/16
Fighting roars/shouts, to frighten the enemy.
+ muscles.
+ Weapons (large ones at that)
+ wealth, power.



Top Secret shouts (been in development since the 90's written in the X-files)
5195 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Alberta, Canada
Offline
Posted 8/7/16
Dramatics and recognizability. It's for the fans.
1499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

MysticGon wrote:


oneouts123 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a logical reason behind this? The only shounen that doesn't do this is HxH.


Gon doesn't yell Jan-ken? As a matter of fact I think he used that against one of his enemies. Tricking them by yelling something else.


well gon excluded then
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

stars201 wrote:

I've always thought it activates their attacks

LOL


Same lol.
1499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 8/7/16

Kerst wrote:


oneouts123 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a logical reason behind this? The only shounen that doesn't do this is HxH.


You're wrong they do say their attacks in HXH quite a bit actually. Can't believe you missed ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK
Also because it's way cooler and less boring


well aside from gon
4736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/7/16
It's all an act, a flashy theater act for the expected 12 year old audience.
6663 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 8/8/16
I do this every time I practice with my guns. I yell out either bullet's caliber or the gun.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 8/8/16 , edited 8/8/16


Hisoka says Bungee Gum quite alot.
1037 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 8/8/16
It makes them see, cool, to yell out their attack names to activate the attack. I see absolutely no point, because it just shows that they probably can't use magic without chanting the name of the spell.
Posted 8/8/16
I couldn't stop laughing with this thread lol and I also noticed when they take their time explaining to the enemy their attacks, and I've seen that actually 100% on HxH if I remember correctly. I know it's to explain to the audience, but it seems dumb showing them explaining to the enemy.
33397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 8/8/16 , edited 8/8/16
pshhhhhhh

Like you wouldn't yell Kamehameha if you could do it.

1009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/8/16

oneouts123 wrote:

It doesn't make sense to me. Is there a logical reason behind this? The only shounen that doesn't do this is HxH.


I always thought of it kinda like a magic spell. Saying the name makes it easier to focus your energy into forming the specific attack

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.