First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you and your friends insult each other often?
Posted 8/9/16
I never talk to someone for long enough to get to this point
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Spireite wrote:

Yes. We greet each other with insults and carry on from there.


Same. though sometimes they don't wanna have insult battles with me at times because they know how it'll end
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Urges wrote:

There's a fine line between teasing your friends and insulting your friends and I wouldn't cross the line and insult a friend of mine.

If I wanted someone to insult me then I'll make myself an enemy and they can insult me all they want.


Can you explain the difference? Because I'm sure you can easily make it obvious it's a joke or that you're "teasing" them.
16540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Beyond The Boundary
Offline
Posted 8/9/16
How wonderful that you are so close that you can insult/fight each other.
17438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Lowlights wrote:

if any of my friends start throwing big ass words like those around im dumping them


That's a matter of perspective and I'd say the way something is said can often make a difference. Context and stuff.
395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

TrickedMJ wrote:


Urges wrote:

There's a fine line between teasing your friends and insulting your friends and I wouldn't cross the line and insult a friend of mine.

If I wanted someone to insult me then I'll make myself an enemy and they can insult me all they want.


Can you explain the difference? Because I'm sure you can easily make it obvious it's a joke or that you're "teasing" them.


Teasing would be something small that you mess around with your friends about, insulting would be something hurtful to say to a friend.
For example:
- teasing your friend for wearing glasses or sucking at playing a video game.
-Insulting would be like talking down about your friend in front of people and calling them names. Being disrespectful and rude to them, then again the definition of insulting is " To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness."

So yeah, I wouldn't insult my friends.
785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / The Great White N...
Offline
Posted 8/9/16
If it's as a joke then yeah, but I do have very few rude friends. Otherwise, I hardly ever insult people.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Urges wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:


Urges wrote:

There's a fine line between teasing your friends and insulting your friends and I wouldn't cross the line and insult a friend of mine.

If I wanted someone to insult me then I'll make myself an enemy and they can insult me all they want.


Can you explain the difference? Because I'm sure you can easily make it obvious it's a joke or that you're "teasing" them.


Teasing would be something small that you mess around with your friends about, insulting would be something hurtful to say to a friend.
For example:
- teasing your friend for wearing glasses or sucking at playing a video game.
-Insulting would be like talking down about your friend in front of people and calling them names. Being disrespectful and rude to them, then again the definition of insulting is " To treat with gross insensitivity, insolence, or contemptuous rudeness."

So yeah, I wouldn't insult my friends.


Doesn't seem like much of a difference, seems like it would be more dependent on the person the way you describe it. Example, you could tease them for your examples but what if they find it to be disrespectful, rude and think that it's derision? Oh well, I'll just accept that you tease your friends.
2549 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Norasuna wrote:

How wonderful that you are so close that you can insult/fight each other.


Wonderful indeed, it usually ends with laughs. If it doesn't then 2 of my friends will be bitter with each other for like 2days.
Posted 8/9/16
Yes, of course.
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/16
we're not friends if we're not insulting each other
18602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/9/16

Nalaniel wrote:


Lowlights wrote:

if any of my friends start throwing big ass words like those around im dumping them


That's a matter of perspective and I'd say the way something is said can often make a difference. Context and stuff.


we on an anime forum
18913 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/9/16
friend. and yes
16406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / east coast. Let t...
Offline
Posted 8/9/16 , edited 8/9/16
Oh yeah. It's all in good fun though.
My best friend has a neanderthal forehead though.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 8/9/16
Sure, but I don't really feel comfortable saying it to some of my friends and family. It's probably from my mom's side, like I have the capacity to call someone a Bitch, or a fucker, but this part of me just wants to be nice and silent.

Being a punching bag when I was young, and just growing up with family and friends who constantly talked shit for fun about eachother, it just became normal to me, and it's one of the reasons I laugh at people when they try to get all tough and serious with me. I tolerate a lot, and I do find it funny when people get all bent out of shape from it, get some thick skin, the world ain't any brighter when you start to pick up your feet.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.