Post Reply 7-sins: Seven Deadly Sins Anticipation
215173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/11/16


7-sins: Seven Deadly Sins TV anime announced.
Not to be confused with Nanatsu no Taizai though.

Trailer:
https://youtu.be/MwzdgJluA3g

Official site
http://www.7-sins.tv/
7059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Costa Rica
Offline
Posted 8/11/16 , edited 8/11/16
For a moment I really thought this was the thread for the new Nanatsu no Taizai mini-series, I'm so hyped for that. This one on the other hand.... it looks like another show made only for fan service, but I love the character designs, I'll probably watch it just to see if it has something going for it, although I highly doubt it will be more than a guilty pleasure. A VERY guilty pleasure.
51197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/16
I was hyped when I saw the title. I thought it was Nanatsu no Taizai season 2. Such disappointment...
51819 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/11/16
The seven deadly sins but with fan service.
47757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 8/12/16
That got me
14851 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/12/16
This is completely out of the blue. Is there a source material to this or this original?
13568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Winnipeg
Offline
Posted 8/12/16 , edited 8/12/16
So... It's an anime based on a set of lewd figurines? That's a new one.
24253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/16

eddie1255 wrote:

The seven deadly sins but with fan service.


You mean the original Nanstsu didn't have fan service? :p

Nah this is just smut.
11708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 8/14/16
So what kinda show is this? Ecchi sure but no male lead in sight means no harem no. 14456 this year. The deadly sins as a premise always interested me and it being touched on in rezero doubled my interest in more but I've no idea what im getting here (trailer is like those fan service free card games you see on android store lol)
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/14/16

Skode24 wrote:

So what kinda show is this? Ecchi sure but no male lead in sight means no harem no. 14456 this year. The deadly sins as a premise always interested me and it being touched on in rezero doubled my interest in more but I've no idea what im getting here (trailer is like those fan service free card games you see on android store lol)


There is another show that has sins harem + MC. Forgot the name. It was 1 season and they basically played magical tag in a magical school. It was kind of silly lol.
15746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Virginia USA
Online
Posted 8/14/16

pacificjade wrote:


Skode24 wrote:

So what kinda show is this? Ecchi sure but no male lead in sight means no harem no. 14456 this year. The deadly sins as a premise always interested me and it being touched on in rezero doubled my interest in more but I've no idea what im getting here (trailer is like those fan service free card games you see on android store lol)


There is another show that has sins harem + MC. Forgot the name. It was 1 season and they basically played magical tag in a magical school. It was kind of silly lol.









Also. The PV for this actually didn't look that bad. Yes I enjoy ecchi shows, but some of the faire we have gotten these past few seasons have just been dreadful. I like some plot with my plot tyvm.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/14/16
Yes, that one. It was ridiculous lol.
29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
I've been waiting for this one since it was announced a few years back. I had given up hope, but I'm glad it's finally happening again. My body is ready
63862 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
I thought that this was going to be a true second season for The Seven Deadly Sins, but it turns out to be a fanservicey incarnation. It seems to me that the homonculi from Fullmetal Alchemist started it all and a lot of stuff that has to do with the deadly sins has been coming out. After FMA, there is The Seven Deadly Sins, the one where Meliodas is the MC, 11eyes, Trinity Seven, Servamp, Re:Zero, and now this show that's the most lustful of them all.
1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Bakaneer wrote:

I thought that this was going to be a true second season for The Seven Deadly Sins, but it turns out to be a fanservicey incarnation. It seems to me that the homonculi from Fullmetal Alchemist started it all and a lot of stuff that has to do with the deadly sins has been coming out. After FMA, there is The Seven Deadly Sins, the one where Meliodas is the MC, 11eyes, Trinity Seven, Servamp, Re:Zero, and now this show that's the most lustful of them all.


It's more complicated than that. For whatever reason, Japanese anime, as well as JPRG culture, has had a hard on for Old World Europe since the 1980s.

It probably has a post WW2 relationship, but that would be a dense conversation.

Japan is morally strict and mostly mono-ethnic, and I can see why there would be fascination to other cultures that were morally strict and mono-ethnic, as parallels to its own culture. Just as it seems to be difficult for Japanese anime to capture the essence of America in anime, which is morally and ethnically diverse.

A lot of these parallels do get transcribed into post WW2 morals. The primary one of the male "always getting up and standing again" and "throwing your life away is cowardice -- think of those that you leave" is in opposition to kamikaze sentiment.

So, really, it seems conceptually easy as tools to string these concepts along.
You must be logged in to post.