First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Ohio police rescue 7yo trying to sell his stuffed animal for food
24265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 8/12/16 , edited 8/12/16
Let's be honest, cops get a lot of shit. Personally I think the vast majority are insecure and scared of their own shadow. But let's be honest. The cops involved in this story get cool points for days. No nationwide coverage of this though but good shit regardless.



https://www.rt.com/usa/355726-ohio-boy-sells-toy-food/

Posted 8/12/16
They're making sure that there is more media-awareness about good cops too since the news likes to focus on bad stuff - It's what sells. Andddd, thanks for the link !
35114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 8/12/16
The article's a nice story, but man, the comments are harsh on there. Can't people take a good story as it is instead of making it into something that it isn't?
Posted 8/13/16
You've got WTF in the streets selling WTF for WTF, America?
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

BlackRose0607 wrote:

The article's a nice story, but man, the comments are harsh on there. Can't people take a good story as it is instead of making it into something that it isn't?

Hah.
4502 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
UK
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
I'm glad the children ended up okay but it is sad that the neighbours and relatives were not aware of just how bad the children had it. If they were aware but did not step in to help then that is even more sad.
9612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
Massive points to those police!
So unfortunate it is all too easy to find bad apples in an orchard of good cops trying their best every day...
And it's not just in America of course, Australia has its fair share of undereducated police with a tendency to blinkered approaches and heavy-handed disrespectful exchanges with members of the public they are supposed to 'serve and protect'...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-13/police-detain-brisbane-abc-reporter-claiming-he-is-on-drugs/7731906

This is far from being an isolated case, with escalating incidences of video footage of of unwarranted violent apprehension of essentially innocent bystanders in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Biggest mistake they made here was falsely accusing & detaining a journalist of Australia's government-owned media. Ooops.
You have to wonder how many other cases of intimidation and harassment go unrecorded and unreported - and you have to wonder how long the culture of bullying can be cultivated & rewarded behind closed doors before we have another inquiry and corruption exposure...

Still, it's WAY better now than the police state we had here in the 1970s. Video footage and social media are truly the saviour of the common people, exposing bad things and forcing change through public outcry.


33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

morte111 wrote:

Still, it's WAY better now than the police state we had here in the 1970s. Video footage and social media are truly the saviour of the common people, exposing bad things and forcing change through public outcry.

Quite the opposite, here. You get one jackass that shoots a black guy in the back and the story circles around the news for weeks.

Good cops are way under-represented and the bad ones are way over-represented.
8780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
AKR
Online
Posted 8/13/16 , edited 8/13/16
This is great.
9514 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
As Avenue Q once said, "We're all a little bit racist, usually not enough for hate crimes."
7106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
NICE
556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


morte111 wrote:

Still, it's WAY better now than the police state we had here in the 1970s. Video footage and social media are truly the saviour of the common people, exposing bad things and forcing change through public outcry.

Quite the opposite, here. You get one jackass that shoots a black guy in the back and the story circles around the news for weeks.

Good cops are way under-represented and the bad ones are way over-represented.


That is not true; U.S. is a Capitalist society (but less so now) where the police often gain their position by making a win-win situation with the mafias in criminal context. Many violence against black go unreported and the current 'anti-racist' campaign in the mainstream news is used to create an overreaction to past racism while hiding the current racism against black. The development of cheap video equipment and social media has allowed real freedom of speech since it prevent the means of mass communication from being concentrated in a few elites. Although the right-wing in U.S. support gun ownership by civilian for 'self-defense from government aggression', they often contradict themselves by claiming that violence against right-wing elites would 'make the victims no different from the aggressors'.
Sogno- 
45722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
i'm not surprised; there's a lot of good out there that goes unreported. which i guess is fine, but it's nice to hear good news amidst all the bad we hear every day
4052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

BlackRose0607 wrote:

The article's a nice story, but man, the comments are harsh on there. Can't people take a good story as it is instead of making it into something that it isn't?


It's the media's fault honestly. They broadcast every bad cop story so much while barely giving good cop stories even a mention.

So all the mindless sheep who can't think for themselves are convinced cops are all evil and refuse to accept reality.


I mean seriously for as bad as some cops are what do they think would happen if we didn't have them? Would robbers, killers, and other criminals just go "don't worry guys we'll behave ourselves". Of course not! You need law enforcement to maintain any semblance of order. Yes there are lots of cops that shouldn't be cops and the system needs to improve how it trains them.

But this absurd hatred of all cops needs to stop. Because at the end of the day many of them put their lives on the line to keep these ungrateful shits safe.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

sinoakayumi wrote:

Many violence against black go unreported and the current 'anti-racist' campaign in the mainstream news is used to create an overreaction to past racism while hiding the current racism against black. The development of cheap video equipment and social media has allowed real freedom of speech since it prevent the means of mass communication from being concentrated in a few elites.

Yes. That's why this became a huge news story.

Cops R wacist has been debunked several times. Go outside for a bit.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.