First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply How good are you at cooking?
Posted 8/13/16

Rinrinrinn wrote:


ResilientPsyche wrote:

Holy garbanzos that's expensive. Wouldn't it be better to just buy your own items and pick your own recipes? Is it worth it?


Actually, buying the same ingredients would cost a lot more if I go to buy them myself, plus I'd have way more than is necessary for a meal or two. Like I said, I live by myself so I don't need that much food. I also don't have a full-sized fridge to store a lot of food in. I decided to try it because I was getting the half off and I was really curious to see how the service worked. Personally, I think it's a good deal for me since there's no wasted food. I get just enough for the recipe and I can have them for dinner and then lunch the next day. It also saves me time worrying about what to cook with what I have. That's just the way that I'm looking at it. $120 a month for food isn't a bad deal for me, especially knowing that I'm not throwing anything away.


Hmm. And you found all the dishes enjoyable? I imagine it's difficult creating meals that the masses will enjoy.

Still $30 isn't bad for 6 meals. I think I might give it a shot
3204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Polaris
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
I can make something if I follow a recipe. If you mean cooking/baking without recipe, I can't lol

my specialties are kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, kimbap, adobo, sinigang (pretty much asian foods.) and desserts like brownies, cheescakes, tarts
632 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
I love to cook and I think I am pretty good at it but not as good as they are on Food Wars
Posted 8/13/16

Mariel09 wrote:

I can make something if I follow a recipe. If you mean cooking/baking without recipe, I can't lol

my specialties are kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, kimbap, adobo, sinigang (pretty much asian foods.) and desserts like brownies, cheescakes, tarts :P


Are you asian lol
5839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/16 , edited 8/13/16
i like baking not so experienced with regular cooking. the last thing i made was mini honey cheese cakes with apple pie filling on top was pretty good though i did mess up a couple things but relatively minor didn't effect to much. i usually follow recipes but im also willing to alter them to better fit what i prefer
23413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Always my room
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
I burn a lot of things
27470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Magpies nest
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
I'm decent.
I only use cookbooks as guides and if I'm in doubt then I taste, smell or see what I have and make something from that
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
Overall, a great cook... but unconventional. I'm better at creating dishes than following recipes or dressing up a plate.
One of my more recent unique concoctions is... i guess... a layer cake? Or maybe a pie? The outer shell is devil's food cake, followed by a layer of cheescake, and then a layer of chocolate-coconut pie filling(can't see the confectioner's coconut,) and topped with crumb. If I had had any whipping cream at the time I would have also frosted and frozen it to make an icecream layer on top of that... ahh well, it was delicious anyhow.
Posted 8/13/16
I can only make boiled eggs and an omelette
2479 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Akihibra
Online
Posted 8/13/16
love to cook isnce i was a small kid
118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 8/13/16 , edited 8/13/16
i know how to cook vegetables,tomato sauce and eggs in oil/fat as well as boil pasta...impressed?
Sogno- 
45762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
instant ramen
10193 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / The state of Wash...
Offline
Posted 8/13/16
good enough to eat
3204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / Polaris
Offline
Posted 8/13/16

ResilientPsyche wrote:


Mariel09 wrote:

I can make something if I follow a recipe. If you mean cooking/baking without recipe, I can't lol

my specialties are kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, kimbap, adobo, sinigang (pretty much asian foods.) and desserts like brownies, cheescakes, tarts :P


Are you asian lol :)


err yes
Posted 8/13/16

Mariel09 wrote:


ResilientPsyche wrote:


Mariel09 wrote:

I can make something if I follow a recipe. If you mean cooking/baking without recipe, I can't lol

my specialties are kimchi fried rice, bibimbap, kimbap, adobo, sinigang (pretty much asian foods.) and desserts like brownies, cheescakes, tarts :P


Are you asian lol :)


err yes


Asians ftw! Teach me oh wise master lol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.