First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
How will you feel if you find out there is a God after you die?
Posted 8/16/16

SnipeStar wrote:

i'll be angry that such a douche allows and perpetuates so much misery in the world for nothing


Your statement doesn't make any sense. Please elaborate
Azver 
32280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Forest, Finland
Offline
Posted 8/16/16 , edited 8/16/16
First, I suppose I should ask; which one?

The most interesting version that I've read of; is that everyone meets the god they envisioned, or more aptly said, chose. So if you envisioned nothing, you meet nothing.

In which case I'd proly suggest that we drink up and go have a battle tomorrow, it is Valhalla after all!

But in all honesty, I count myself among those who will gladly tell you that they have bugger all clue what happens afterwards. So meanwhile I search the right answer, if there even is one, can't let it affect me too much.
Posted 8/16/16

iriomote wrote:

If a lack of belief in life would condemn an otherwise decent person, then I want nothing to do with that god regardless of where they're inclined to send me.

If that god cares more about whether you were a good person or not than what religion (if any) you bought into, then I probably won't mind getting to know them in death.

Ultimately, I'll worry about it when I'm dead - unless there's no afterlife, in which case I couldn't worry if I wanted to.


"If a lack of belief in life would condemn an otherwise decent person, then I want nothing to do with that god regardless of where they're inclined to send me."

That's the thought pattern a lot of people follow unfortunately. It's not about belief, it's about a relationship. There's far more to it than just believing. James 2:19 says You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror." It goes far deeper than just believing
13825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / In the rain
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
I do not believe in god. I'd be more shocked to met Elvis then a god tof be honest. I admit there is still a tiny part of me that still believes in this heaven and hell bullshit I was brought up on from my Roman Catholic background. Everyone has their own belief system. Some people just chose to not believe in mystical beings from a book and it's honestly to each their own.
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 8/16/16 , edited 8/16/16

Mastersluthier wrote:
all that said. IF there is NO God. then everything you see around you.. MUST have happened by chance ONLY.... as that belief would mean that there was NO INTELLIGENCE involved in the making of EVERYTHING... the entire universe.


You are most definitely not one who is into metaphysics. The one absolute truth is that there is no absolute. "Must" is subjective, and the conscious perception of being is not evidence enough to support chance or design. To define a supreme being is to contradict oneself. Logically speaking, to conclude that all cannot have come from nothing but must have been a product of intelligent design is to invalidate one's own claim. If there was nothing, where did that supreme being come from? It would have to have been the product of a similar design, and where did that design originate but from another, ad infinitum. There "must" be and yet there "cannot" be an apex for the claim to remain valid--it's a chicken or egg conundrum.

Thus, arguing for or against gods and intelligent design is ultimately a debate riddled with self-defeating claims that render the argument moot. For all that is known, existence itself may not... exist. How could I prove that what I see, feel, taste, hear, and smell are not subconscious manifestations or that physical form truly exists? What if existence, consciousness, and the abstract of a "soul" are fictitious byproducts of amassed cosmic energy? But then again, where does that energy originate?

...My pseudoscience for the day.
Posted 8/16/16
In all honesty, I'd probably start laughing.
tetrum 
6008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK/HUN
Offline
Posted 8/16/16

Azver wrote:



The most interesting version that I've read of; is that everyone meets the god they envisioned, or more aptly said, chose.


Than I don't have a problem meeting my goddess


85263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 8/16/16

ResilientPsyche wrote:


Khaltazar wrote:

I would accept it and hope he/she/it is lenient in that I didn't believe in them when I was alive. If he/she/it created me, then it gave me a mind that didn't believe in a book some random man made. Sorry, I can't believe in something I have no proof of.


So your saying you'd blame God because he "forced" you not believe?


Sure, not forced though. It's not like I don't want to believe there is a higher power out there or anything, I just can't. Nothing against you if you do.
1130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chattanooga TN
Online
Posted 8/16/16
GOD IS an ABSOLUTE. He must be by the very nature of the title "GOD"

there is zero argument.. metaphysics .. is just one of the MANY names given some of the "crap" i mentioned earlier that "Man" has created in order to attempt to put his "choice off" until his no longer has one.. think "Ostrich with head in the sand etc etc.

They are nothing more than Pleasant "topics" used to divert your attention from the truth, and the real issue at hand.
These topics have wonderfully high minded sounding names like Theology, Metaphysics, Astrology, Religion, Philosophy, etc etc..

None of them will help you when the day of judgement begins. as "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God",

so each one of us will be judged for our stupidity... its only fair. "for the wages of sin is death", this is not as ominous as many Southern Gospel preachers have made it out to be.. its really nothing more than a simple statement of fact.

When Adam and Eve allowed the original Sin into the garden. it set in motion a whole series of events that had to unfold over time. but that "sin nature" was to rule over us for a very long time... until God made a new way to interact with us. see as Sin can not be in the presence of God so Man automatically becomes separated from God by his own sin nature. which was NOT what god had wanted.

When God built this universe, he fashioned every universal law that we now know about and put it into action.
for him to chuck all his own laws aside and do something that is outside those laws... would be sort of a silly thing to do if you think about it.. its like saying that His original creation was not perfect.. it was.. it just got broken by the random agent.. Man.


God gave us a perfect world.... a "garden of Eden" MAN screwed it up.. and he is still continuing to do so daily.
God has made a way to fix that issue.. and it only requires that you simply believe in it.

you either accept it or you don't.
19493 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
I already believe in a God power, so it will feel nice to have my belief validated.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
Ask and you shall recieve, I don't make posts about what if God actually doesn't exist, I respect peoples choices, but ask and you shall recieve my child.

I would call him a Fucking asshole and spit on his feet. Well maybe I couldnt spit, or speak, or see.......... hmmmmmm.........

I would telepathically call him a Fucking asshole and make him imagine me spitting on his feet, because I got a soul, so I think that would still work.... yea... Yea I'll go with option 2 because it sounds cooler.

I don't have respect for the almighty dog, so I will humor these threads accordingly to promote traffic and activity on the forums.

Arrogant? Ignorant? Rude? That's just the way God made me baby, I still got a pure soul, not tainted by sin, only my mind suffers from this delusional hatred . Purify!

709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 8/16/16

Mastersluthier wrote:

GOD IS an ABSOLUTE. He must be by the very nature of the title "GOD"

there is zero argument.. metaphysics .. is just one of the MANY names given some of the "crap" i mentioned earlier that "Man" has created in order to attempt to put his "choice off" until his no longer has one.. think "Ostrich with head in the sand etc etc.

They are nothing more than Pleasant "topics" used to divert your attention from the truth, and the real issue at hand.
These topics have wonderfully high minded sounding names like Theology, Metaphysics, Astrology, Religion, Philosophy, etc etc..

....

you either accept it or you don't.


Sorry, I cut out the preaching, but I assure you, I did read it.

The title "god" is no more than a word. It could just as well be "dog" or "fish," or in short, purely derivative. To claim it is absolute because it is "god" is a fallacy, as you have conceptualized the term as an order that stands at the pinnacle without being able to support its claim to that position or the position itself. As I have said, arguing for or against is entirely self-defeating. It is, thus, a two way street, but with that in mind, to be blindly faithful is also to be an "ostrich with its head in the sand," seeking purpose and consolation against the fear of an unknown. From my perspective, faith is a pleasantry employed to divert your attention away from a lack of truth, or more specifically, a lack of knowing the truth.

Whether one chooses to employ logic or faith is inconsequential, as neither can support their claim in any meaningful manner, and so I will say again that there is nothing absolute but that there are no absolutes and remain firmly seated upon the fence without concern given to whether gods exist, whether science is correct, or whether existence exists at all and agree with you in that "you either accept it or you don't."
Azver 
32280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Forest, Finland
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
If someone says he's got answers for life, universe, and everything, run. It's snake-oil of highest degree.

Now if someone says he has a theory on it, then we can talk.
4674 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 8/16/16
I'll challenge him to a death match(or the equivalent since I am already dead). If I win, I get to become the new God and do(in my opinion) a better job. If I lose, idk, He gets to do whatever, erase me from existence or some shit.
31131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/16/16

ResilientPsyche wrote:

"If a lack of belief in life would condemn an otherwise decent person, then I want nothing to do with that god regardless of where they're inclined to send me."

That's the thought pattern a lot of people follow unfortunately. It's not about belief, it's about a relationship. There's far more to it than just believing. James 2:19 says You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror." It goes far deeper than just believing :)

You're assuming I'd encounter your interpretation of the Christian god. However, I'm agnostic, I try not to make assumptions.

To illustrate this more bluntly, let us assume for a moment that ISIS' interpretation of god is what I encounter. Now do you see my point?

There are branches of Christianity (and probably most religions) guilty of this "damn all non-believers" policy to some degree. Some only take it so far as to mean agnostics and atheists, others direct it toward all followers of other religious creeds as well.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.