First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Target's $20 million answer to transgender bathroom boycott
48603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Target (TGT) CFO Cathy Smith said Wednesday that the company has heard objections to the transgender bathroom policy from some customers, though she said other customers had voiced support. In response, Target has decided to expand its use of a third, single-toilet bathroom at all of its stores, which can be locked by users.
That bathroom can be used by any customer who needs some privacy, including parents with small children of a different gender or those who are uncomfortable with a public bathroom in which a transgender person is allowed.
http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/17/news/companies/target-bathroom-transgender/


It appears the anti-trans group got their victory
9608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/19/16
Can transgender still use any bathrooms of their choosing?

Although I really don't see why people care. I can shit in any bathroom that isn't open like Roman toilets. As long as I got my own stall, I'm okay. I went many times into the women's restroom and I didn't notice a difference.


While I disagree with the people opposing it, I think it's good that Target is trying to find a solution for everyone.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16
Good, when will we stop fighting for idiotic things like this and worry about more pressing matters? I don't dislike transgenders by any means, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice back. However, we've had these separate restrooms in place for years now. Quit removing boundaries, use the restroom according to the genitalia you were born with, and quit being a nuisance to everyone else. I'm sick of all this political correctness...

17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16
They should've stuck with their guns. It's still going to give ammunition to assholes to after anyone, regardless whether they're trans or not, if they don't fit the 'standard' of what a girl/guy should look like.


Really, no one gave a shit about this for generations and now this is a topic....
Sogno- 
45756 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Nogara-san wrote:

Really, no one gave a shit about this for generations and now this is a topic....


yeah nowadays it's super important where people can give a shit
1009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/19/16

Lemontitties wrote:

Good, when will we stop fighting for idiotic things like this and worry about more pressing matters? I don't dislike transgenders by any means, if you're nice to me, I'll be nice back. However, we've had these separate restrooms in place for years now. Quit removing boundaries, use the restroom according to the genitalia you were born with, and quit being a nuisance to everyone else. I'm sick of all this political correctness...



what's funny is the anti-trans people were the ones being a nuisance by screaming like someone had their junk in a vise, making threats setting off bombs and peeking in at people through the gap in the stalls
35059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/17/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

It appears the anti-trans group got their victory



PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Can transgender still use any bathrooms of their choosing?


Target has not reversed its policy on transgender facility access, but rather is just adding single-occupancy restrooms. So it's not really what the protestors were wanting, but it is more than nothing.


Although I really don't see why people care. I can shit in any bathroom that isn't open like Roman toilets. As long as I got my own stall, I'm okay. I went many times into the women's restroom and I didn't notice a difference.

While I disagree with the people opposing it, I think it's good that Target is trying to find a solution for everyone.


I don't object to this either provided the transgender facility access policy isn't subsequently dropped.
21 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 8/17/16
none of this was an issue until someone brought it up.

who have you ever heard say, "man i hate when transgenders go in the bathroom wtih me". The answer is no one, literally no one.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

ran76 wrote:


making threats setting off bombs and peeking in at people through the gap in the stalls


I assure you that the people making bomb threats are part of the minority opposing this change. As for the people worrying about people peeking, meh. That's a little difficult to decipher and is completely assumptive. You should use your own restroom according to the gender you were born as. What, you don't feel comfortable using the guy's restroom because you want to be a girl? Tough, this isn't barbie dream house and I'll be damned when I have to start worrying about your feelings over a restroom for Christ's sake. Just my two cents.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

AimbitGO wrote:

none of this was an issue until someone brought it up.

who have you ever heard say, "man i hate when transgenders go in the bathroom wtih me". The answer is no one, literally no one.


True, so why did it need to be brought up? Because the liberals only want one thing and that's their own selfish greed.
9608 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


AimbitGO wrote:

none of this was an issue until someone brought it up.

who have you ever heard say, "man i hate when transgenders go in the bathroom wtih me". The answer is no one, literally no one.


True, so why did it need to be brought up? Because the liberals only want one thing and that's their own selfish greed.


I wouldn't refer to liberals that way. It won't be good for discussion to use "enemy" terms. Unless you're into polemics.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


I wouldn't refer to liberals that way. It won't be good for discussion to use "enemy" terms. Unless you're into polemics.


No, you're right. I'll be more civil
17205 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


ran76 wrote:


making threats setting off bombs and peeking in at people through the gap in the stalls


I assure you that the people making bomb threats are part of the minority opposing this change. As for the people worrying about people peeking, meh. That's a little difficult to decipher and is completely assumptive. You should use your own restroom according to the gender you were born as. What, you don't feel comfortable using the guy's restroom because you want to be a girl? Tough, this isn't barbie dream house and I'll be damned when I have to start worrying about your feelings over a restroom for Christ's sake. Just my two cents.
but you want trans people to worry about your feeling when they use the bathroom

Hey everyone, use whatever bathroom you want. If people make a big deal, say it's okay. Lie about your genitalia if you have to. (pshh they can't check you)
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hey everyone, use whatever bathroom you want. If people make a big deal, say it's okay. Lie about your genitalia if you have to. (pshh they can't check you)


Because you're fighting for something that isn't worth anyone's time. Tell me, which sounds better? Fighting for starving kids in Africa or fighting for people playing dress up and throwing a fit because they don't want to use the restroom according to the gender they were born as?

By all means, go ahead and do so. Don't come complaining to me if you're thrown out of the store though.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Sogno- wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:

Really, no one gave a shit about this for generations and now this is a topic....


yeah nowadays it's super important where people can give a shit


We can't flush it away it seems.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.