First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Target's $20 million answer to transgender bathroom boycott
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hey everyone, use whatever bathroom you want. If people make a big deal, say it's okay. Lie about your genitalia if you have to. (pshh they can't check you)


Because you're fighting for something that isn't worth anyone's time. Tell me, which sounds better? Fighting for starving kids in Africa or fighting for people playing dress up and throwing a fit because they don't want to use the restroom according to the gender they were born as?

By all means, go ahead and do so. Don't come complaining to me if you're thrown out of the store though.


You could've pissed and pooped with transgender males without realizing it.

I bet you stood outside Target bathrooms and made sure the right gender went into their respective bathrooms, huh.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

Nogara-san wrote:


If you're that concerned about who you fucking piss with, then you need better things to do with your time. For all you know, you could've pissed and pooped with a transgender male without realizing it.


It's a two way streak buddy. You're worrying about transgenders using a restroom they don't want to use when there's literally life pressing matters happening in our world that all of us should be helping with. Not some petty crap like this.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


If you're that concerned about who you fucking piss with, then you need better things to do with your time. For all you know, you could've pissed and pooped with a transgender male without realizing it.


It's a two way streak buddy. You're worrying about transgenders using a restroom they don't want to use when there's literally life pressing matters happening in our world that all of us should be helping with.


I do agree with you that we need to focus on matters in the world.

But people should have the right to piss and poop wherever they want.

53152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / colorful colorado
Offline
Posted 8/17/16
All Target is doing is giving all their stores a family bathroom.
20644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


If you're that concerned about who you fucking piss with, then you need better things to do with your time. For all you know, you could've pissed and pooped with a transgender male without realizing it.


It's a two way streak buddy. You're worrying about transgenders using a restroom they don't want to use when there's literally life pressing matters happening in our world that all of us should be helping with.


Do you have no sense of irony? The same argument can be made against your opinion. Why bother worrying about who uses what bathroom when there are more important economic issues at hand.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

Nogara-san wrote:


But people should have the right to piss and poop wherever they want.



They already have a perfectly good toilet to use in their respective restroom So I ask you again, why do we need to concern ourselves w/ this when they can already use the damn restroom? It's not our problem that they want to sexually identify themselves as something else. And we shouldn't have to cater to it either.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

Bryaugh wrote:


Do you have no sense of irony? The same argument can be made against your opinion. Why bother worrying about who uses what bathroom when there are more important economic issues at hand.


The true irony is that you don't see what's wrong w/ your statement. Yes, we should be worrying about more "important economic issues" at hand, but instead, we're spending our time fighting for transgender rights
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


But people should have the right to piss and poop wherever they want.



They already have a perfectly good toilet to use in their respective restroom So I ask you again, why do we need to concern ourselves w/ this when they can already use the damn restroom? It's not our problem that they want to sexually identify themselves as something else. And we shouldn't have to cater to it either.



Again...people should be able to piss and poop wherever. If you identify as a girl but you're male? Go ahead, use the bathroom. Ditto if you're male and Id as a girl.

Also, it gives ammunition to the jackasses who like to stand and police everyone going into the bathrooms so they look feminine/masculine enough according to society standards. There's already been a few cases where a hetero female goes into a ladies room but gets hassled because they have short hair/wearing jeans/doesn't look feminine enough.
17181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


FlyinDumpling wrote:


Hey everyone, use whatever bathroom you want. If people make a big deal, say it's okay. Lie about your genitalia if you have to. (pshh they can't check you)


Because you're fighting for something that isn't worth anyone's time. Tell me, which sounds better? Fighting for starving kids in Africa or fighting for people playing dress up and throwing a fit because they don't want to use the restroom according to the gender they were born as?

By all means, go ahead and do so. Don't come complaining to me if you're thrown out of the store though.
Throwing a people out of the store because of their genitalia, which is none of your business in the first place.

Sounds like it's someone else who is throwing a fit.

Every second you spend caring about someone elses private part, is a second that could have been spending caring about important things like not throwing people out of the store because they are transgender.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

Nogara-san wrote:



Again...people should be able to piss and poop wherever. If you identify as a girl but you're male? Go ahead, use the bathroom. Ditto if you're male and Id as a girl.

Also, it gives ammunition to the jackasses who like to stand and police everyone going into the bathrooms so they look feminine/masculine enough according to society standards. There's already been a few cases where a hetero female goes into a ladies room but gets hassled because they have short hair/wearing jeans/doesn't look feminine enough.


No, not really It's sort of why we have restrooms according to our gender so we don't urinate or disembowel anywhere we want, otherwise our planet would be stinky. If target want's to create a restroom that allows everyone to go in, that's fine (even if it is a waste of our tax dollars). But don't start acting on your own selfish interest and fight for a nonsensical right for men to go into the women's restroom or vice versa.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

Throwing a people out of the store because of their genitalia, which is none of your business in the first place.

Sounds like it's someone else who is throwing a fit.

Every second you spend caring about someone elses private part, is a second that could have been spending caring about important things like not throwing people out of the store because they are transgender.


No, they're throwing men out of the store because they're going into the women's restroom. Not saying that would happen, but it's something that could. I never said it was my business, what's that got to do w/ anything, lol?

I got a counter argument for you. What about if this somehow wins? Great, men can now go into the women's restroom and vice versa. What happens when a woman goes into their respective restroom and there's a group of guys waiting...what do you think is going to happen? And don't tell me that wouldn't happen, because it damn well could. What about my privacy? I go into the men's restroom because I want my "privacy" from the opposite sex when going to the restroom. What about the women? I know there's a changing room/restroom in one in a YMCA where I live. What happens when a guy with his junk hanging out is exposed to a little girl? There are many problems w/ this new change, not just because I don't want it. What's the percentage of transgenders anyway? Like less than 1%? Why are we wasting our tax dollars on this fallacy when we could be feeding the needy? I'll be waiting .
35017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:

Because you're fighting for something that isn't worth anyone's time. Tell me, which sounds better? Fighting for starving kids in Africa or fighting for people playing dress up and throwing a fit because they don't want to use the restroom according to the gender they were born as?

By all means, go ahead and do so. Don't come complaining to me if you're thrown out of the store though


This is just a small sample of additional issues transgender people face. It's a rather bleak record, really.

Alarmingly high rates of sexual harassment and assault:
http://www.ovc.gov/pubs/forge/sexual_numbers.html

Rising murder rates:
http://avp.org/storage/documents/2015.10.7_ncavp_ma_zellazionamd.pdf

Being inappropriately incarcerated for legitimately possessing medications:
https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-files-complaint-behalf-black-transgender-woman-illegally-profiled-and-jailed-iowa

Discrimination in healthcare provision and its impact on outcomes and seeking care:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/02/140218110431.htm
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/04/150424121116.htm
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/09/150929142028.htm

Problems in education and self-reported professional preparedness on transgender care:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/12/131211132720.htm
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160229081850.htm

Denial of needed healthcare and being targeted for violence bundled into one nasty mess:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/25/transgender-activist-dies-after-being-denied-treatment-in-pakist/

Housing concerns in prisons and jails, and an exceedingly high rate of sexual harassment/assault therein:
http://www.jaapl.org/content/41/4/551.long
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/svpjri1112_st.pdf
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/17/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:



Again...people should be able to piss and poop wherever. If you identify as a girl but you're male? Go ahead, use the bathroom. Ditto if you're male and Id as a girl.

Also, it gives ammunition to the jackasses who like to stand and police everyone going into the bathrooms so they look feminine/masculine enough according to society standards. There's already been a few cases where a hetero female goes into a ladies room but gets hassled because they have short hair/wearing jeans/doesn't look feminine enough.


No, not really It's sort of why we have restrooms according to our gender so we don't urinate or disembowel anywhere we want, otherwise our planet would be stinky. If target want's to create a restroom that allows everyone to go in, that's fine (even if it is a waste of our tax dollars). But don't start acting on your own selfish interest and fight for a nonsensical right for men to go into the women's restroom or vice versa.


You're young. Like I'm gonna take this from someone named lemontitties...

You and your ilk are too occupied with stupid things. For all you know, you could've had a transgender piss next door to you and you wouldn't even have known it. Go police your local Target bathroom.
28683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/18/16

Nogara-san wrote:


You're young. Like I'm gonna take this from someone named lemontitties...

You and your ilk are too occupied with stupid things. For all you know, you could've had a transgender piss next door to you and you wouldn't even have known it.


I created my username around 3 years ago now. Do I regret it? No, not really. It's just a silly username. I don't see how being "young" has anything to do w/ my view on this subject and you shouldn't let my age deter you from understanding where we come from either. Nice response though. Even if you are just reiterating now. Oh, and by the way, yes I would. They would be sitting down peeing. Even if a woman wants to be a man, they still have no penis.
Emtro 
1543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/17/16 , edited 8/17/16

Nogara-san wrote:


Lemontitties wrote:


Nogara-san wrote:


If you're that concerned about who you fucking piss with, then you need better things to do with your time. For all you know, you could've pissed and pooped with a transgender male without realizing it.


It's a two way streak buddy. You're worrying about transgenders using a restroom they don't want to use when there's literally life pressing matters happening in our world that all of us should be helping with.


I do agree with you that we need to focus on matters in the world.

But people should have the right to piss and poop wherever they want.



I disagree... Some American ways should be preserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqg8I4w0ItM


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.