First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Should full-face veils and burqas be banned?
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Online
Posted 8/28/16 , edited 8/29/16

FlyinDumpling wrote:

It isn't a double standard, it's religous freedom. Making a religous attire illgeal to wear doesn't make sense because simply wearing it doesn't break the law. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the hijab is not the same as the burqa, which covers the face. There is no reason why someone would need to remove their hijab if they can be easily identified with it on.

FYI in many states, and no doubt in the South, concealed carry is legal. It's ironic since I'm sure the idea of a Muslim person carrying a concealed weapon under their burqa would scares some people shitless enough that they'd welcome anti-gun legislation.


Yeah i meant the burqa.
We can just agree to disagree i guess. You care more about not offending someone than you do about saftey i guess.

Well i mean at least if the person packing heat is identifiable he/she could be identified and caught if he/she were to get a away. Not that helps the dead person(s).
I live in Australia and we dont walk around with guns so i dont want people completely covered up walking through crowded malls and plazas n etc cos if shit goes down we are un armed to fight back.

Posted 8/29/16
i don't think so
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 8/29/16
No, not really, wouldn't mind a man keeney ban though.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 8/29/16
People can be part of a community without converting to existing cultures.
OP should mind their own business
973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere Drinking
Offline
Posted 8/29/16
No they should keep it on after all if they ever have to sneer at the fat Americans they need to hide it of course.
Posted 8/29/16
People should be allowed to wear around a schwasticka flag as a cape. Say no to fashion popo
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Online
Posted 8/29/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

People should be allowed to wear around a schwasticka flag as a cape. Say no to fashion popo


Difference is, they would be attacked. Not only by blacks and well every race that isn't white, but also by whites lol.
I dont think anyone would be calling for their rights or freedoms somehow lol.
Posted 8/29/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Difference is, they would be attacked. Not only by blacks and well every race that isn't white, but also by whites lol.
I dont think anyone would be calling for their rights or freedoms somehow lol.


And that's fine, they should be open to public ridicule. When authorities start trying to police it though.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Online
Posted 8/29/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

Difference is, they would be attacked. Not only by blacks and well every race that isn't white, but also by whites lol.
I dont think anyone would be calling for their rights or freedoms somehow lol.


And that's fine, they should be open to public ridicule. When authorities start trying to police it though.


I see your angle but to me its not the same as being able to walk amoung people unidentifiable.
I mean should gang members be able to go shopping or to the bank with bandannas covering their faces? what about if wearing sunglasses and a hat aswell?
Posted 8/29/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

I see your angle but to me its not the same as being able to walk amoung people unidentifiable.
I mean should gang members be able to go shopping or to the bank with bandannas covering their faces? what about if wearing sunglasses and a hat aswell?


I guess but in that case it's private property so it's up to the people again whether they can wear it or not. They already say no motorbike helmets while in a bank and things.
9285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Online
Posted 8/29/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:


MrAnimeSK wrote:

I see your angle but to me its not the same as being able to walk amoung people unidentifiable.
I mean should gang members be able to go shopping or to the bank with bandannas covering their faces? what about if wearing sunglasses and a hat aswell?


I guess but in that case it's private property so it's up to the people again whether they can wear it or not. They already say no motorbike helmets while in a bank and things.



Exactly. But they want to be able to wear them everywhere. The whole point of them is so that they cannot be seen by ANY man other than their husband.
So that's where the problem lies.
Posted 8/29/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

Exactly. But they want to be able to wear them everywhere. The whole point of them is so that they cannot be seen by ANY man other than their husband.
So that's where the problem lies.


ah, ok.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 8/29/16
Yes they should be banned because they wear it as their husbands forces them too and no one else is to look at her except him, or maybe they like being treated like an object because they believe their religion tells them it has to be this way. It's pathetic, I don't like walking near anyone wearing it, makes me uncomfortable not being able to see who I'm walking past, and they could at least take the top off to reveal there face whenever they go into a shop.
55555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 8/29/16

DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

Yes they should be banned because they wear it as their husbands forces them too and no one else is to look at her except him, or maybe they like being treated like an object because they believe their religion tells them it has to be this way. It's pathetic, I don't like walking near anyone wearing it, makes me uncomfortable not being able to see who I'm walking past, and they could at least take the top off to reveal there face whenever they go into a shop.


How embarrassing for you.
8701 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Definitely not EU
Offline
Posted 8/29/16

ReaperEXE wrote:


DanteVSTheWorld wrote:

Yes they should be banned because they wear it as their husbands forces them too and no one else is to look at her except him, or maybe they like being treated like an object because they believe their religion tells them it has to be this way. It's pathetic, I don't like walking near anyone wearing it, makes me uncomfortable not being able to see who I'm walking past, and they could at least take the top off to reveal there face whenever they go into a shop.


How embarrassing for you.


Explain yourself.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.