First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Colin Kaepernick
3096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
96 / F / White Earth India...
Online
Posted 8/28/16 , edited 8/28/16



It's probably been posted before but if this man who has given so much to defend his country can stand for the anthem.....
20422 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 8/28/16

64Dragon44601 wrote:




It's probably been posted before but if this man who has given so much to defend his country can stand for the anthem.....


Incredible.

Kaepernick is a douche, plain and simple.

14427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/28/16 , edited 8/28/16
If he wants to see what oppression is like he should go to an area that is controlled by ISIS.

Colin Kaepernick is trying to keep his name in the relevant because he knows that his days are numbered in San Fransisco and getting another starting job is going to be impossible.
8965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/8/31/12726622/veterans-for-kaepernick-hashtag-protest-military-sit-during-anthem

So, that happened. Hopefully it puts an end to all the contrived outrage.
1702 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
when they play the anthem at every sporting event from middle school football up to the NFL, it has lost its meaning and isn't special anymore. Let the man sit if he wants to, I know I would. Now if they played Jimmy Hendrix's rendition, then I might stand.
8965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

ranran-001 wrote:

when they play the anthem at every sporting event from middle school football up to the NFL, it has lost its meaning and isn't special anymore. Let the man sit if he wants to, I know I would. Now if they played Jimmy Hendrix's rendition, then I might stand.


I just heard it played at a high school JV volleyball game, seriously.

When I was in college, we actually did use the Hendrix version before one of our club football games. We had to cut it off halfway through to make sure the game started on time.
9300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
you can all dislike him for sitting but don't act as if it isn't his right or if it's completely wrong, when veterans fought for his right to stand OR sit. That's what America is about.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 8/31/16


I fail to see how twitter posts by ex-military personnel would put an end to outrage in any situation?
8965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

reaperx- wrote:

I fail to see how twitter posts by ex-military personnel would put an end to outrage in any situation?


This phony indignation is primarily about Kaepernick supposedly hurting the veterans' feelings. But if many veterans aren't offended, there's not much reason to be mad.
6165 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 馬鹿外人
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


reaperx- wrote:

I fail to see how twitter posts by ex-military personnel would put an end to outrage in any situation?


This phony indignation is primarily about Kaepernick supposedly hurting the veterans' feelings. But if many veterans aren't offended, there's not much reason to be mad.


I was under the impression that it had more to do with disrespect towards the nation's anthem, but has morphed towards that.

Also, many = 20< ?
8965 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

reaperx- wrote:
I was under the impression that it had more to do with disrespect towards the nation's anthem, but has morphed towards that.

Also, many = 20< ?


Offending the military has been just about the only complaint I've hard since the beginning.

There were more. It was one of the top trends on social media for most of the last 24 hours.
38556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Somewhere
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
49ers fan here. I say that Kaepernick's been digging his own grave for a while now. Gabbert looks better than Kaepernick in terms of play.
15084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
I think this is a ridiculous thing to complain about. While I disagree with his opinions, I think that sitting during the anthem is an incredibly fair and objectively harmless way to protest. Getting your panties in a bunch over something so trivial doesn't really help anyone.
14427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
He should do his protesting when he isn't working. But the reason why he did this wasn't to send a message to the people. He did it because he wants a trade or be released. No better way than to create a controversy.
29534 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 8/31/16
From what i said he isn't standing up till the election has someone good to pick.

I think its great he isn't sitting up he shouldn't have to i agree with his sentiments and the way he is going about it is disrespectful sure but fine.


Keep going on i say i never knew of him before this but i would happily back him up.

I am going from what i read in the news and what i read had nothing to do with BLM if he is supporting them he is an idiot but there is nothing wrong with not participating or standing in the national anthem even if it is disrespectful.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.