First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply white lives matter now labeled as hate group
7597 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 8/31/16
I don't see the problem
46667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16
one of the leaders of White Lives Matter was Rebecca Barnette, a 40-year-old Tennessee woman “who is also vice president of the women’s division of the racist skinhead group Aryan Strikeforce.” Barnette was also allegedly involved in the National Socialist Movement, the country’s largest neo-Nazi group

Their rally was full of neo-nazi symbolism. I'm not sure you actually watched the video or read the article, because if you did there is no way you wouldn't understand it. I don't want to get into a drawn out debate over race issues, but there is a clear difference between BLM protesting violence by the police and WLM arguing that all these immigrants and interracial marriages are ruining the white race. I mean, the only guy they could clean up enough to go on network TV and do an interview has neck tattoos (LOL). That being said, I think it should be "All Lives Matter," and they should just protest police brutality in general.
42532 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16
We got Black Lives Matter now White Lives Matter what is next Asian Lives Matter or Hispanic Lives Matter. When the hell is all lives going to matter? I feel like humanity is going nowhere fast.


9834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16


I'd just like to point out my amusement with Colorado having that one blue dot in a sea of grey, making it stick out like a sore thumb. Colorado looks so lonely.
Humms 
10615 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 8/31/16
Wow, I can't believe I'm white.

I'm so oppressed right meow.

When will people think about the baby seals? Nobody ever thinks about the baby seals, selfish white people.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

rawratl wrote:

That being said, I think it should be "All Lives Matter," and they should just protest police brutality in general.

How racist of you.
9644 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 8/31/16

aeb0717 wrote:



I'd just like to point out my amusement with Colorado having that one blue dot in a sea of grey, making it stick out like a sore thumb. Colorado looks so lonely.


More like....Colorless-rado.

*Gets shot.
qwueri 
16478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16

qualeshia3 wrote:

We got Black Lives Matter now White Lives Matter what is next Asian Lives Matter or Hispanic Lives Matter. When the hell is all lives going to matter? I feel like humanity is going nowhere fast.




Branding seems to be where BLM has really gone off the rails. The conversation sidetracked to 'does that mean x lives don't matter?' Instead of staying focused on reforming police relations and procedures with the communities they serve.
Posted 8/31/16
1129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

qwueri wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

We got Black Lives Matter now White Lives Matter what is next Asian Lives Matter or Hispanic Lives Matter. When the hell is all lives going to matter? I feel like humanity is going nowhere fast.




Branding seems to be where BLM has really gone off the rails. The conversation sidetracked to 'does that mean x lives don't matter?' Instead of staying focused on reforming police relations and procedures with the communities they serve.


Yep, I regularly go to those fun runs that raise money for cancer research just to shout at the people running because they aren't running for Zika and Ebola too
24968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16

rawratl wrote:

one of the leaders of White Lives Matter was Rebecca Barnette, a 40-year-old Tennessee woman “who is also vice president of the women’s division of the racist skinhead group Aryan Strikeforce.” Barnette was also allegedly involved in the National Socialist Movement, the country’s largest neo-Nazi group

Their rally was full of neo-nazi symbolism. I'm not sure you actually watched the video or read the article, because if you did there is no way you wouldn't understand it. I don't want to get into a drawn out debate over race issues, but there is a clear difference between BLM protesting violence by the police and WLM arguing that all these immigrants and interracial marriages are ruining the white race. I mean, the only guy they could clean up enough to go on network TV and do an interview has neck tattoos (LOL).


Yeah, anyone starting a White Lives Matter group is going to be like that. Thing is, the people in Black Lives Matter are also like that. Good people aren't on the streets rousing the rabble over issues that have been steadily improving without their interference.


That being said, I think it should be "All Lives Matter," and they should just protest police brutality in general.


I agree. It's fine to protest police brutality without only focusing on the self-interest of one demographic.
qwueri 
16478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

RebRebel wrote:

Yep, I regularly go to those fun runs that raise money for cancer research just to shout at the people running because they aren't running for Zika and Ebola too


I wish it were that simple. At least with cancer (and Zika, Ebola), there's a general consensus that it's scary and should be stopped. Instead the internet turned into a shouting match about who's the problem, who's racist, and who should be afraid of who. It'd be like half the charity event turning into coverage of your protest.
35064 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 9/2/16

GooseMcDucks wrote:

Much of that BLM have created or done.
Even with creating smaller groupes like the name suggests to be "the other color" of this movement.


You're comparing a movement whose founding was based upon substantive issues such as disparities in treatment by the criminal justice system, police brutality, mass incarceration, and abuses of authority by public officials to a movement whose founding is based on a non-existent "genocide" that is supposedly perpetrated merely by non-white peoples' having the audacity to exist. You're comparing a movement that has proposed reasonable, sound solutions to the problems they've noted such as having police wear body cameras while on patrol so a hard record of their conduct exists to be reviewed if a complaint is issued, putting more emphasis on deescalation tactics during hostile situations, and assigning police officers to communities they're familiar with so they've a better information base to draw from when exercising their discretion to a group whose solution to the imaginary problem of "white genocide" is to discourage miscegenation and limit non-white immigration into the United States, both of which are ridiculous "solutions".

I'm not going to defend everyone who takes up the BLM moniker or everything that's been said or done in its name, and I have condemned people who did unseemly things in its name. But they're hardly directly comparable to WLM. WLM is just a front for white supremacists transparently intended to garner attention and recruit people into their groups. There's nothing more to it.


Also nazis?
Really nazis?
I am 100% sure they are NOT nazis, maybe at best neo-nazis.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Nazism

Really weird listening to such wannabes as they always "try" too hard being something they can't be or have.


They follow the ideals of Adolf Hitler and the NSDAP as applied to the United States, and so are followers of a form of Nazism. They can be called Nazis, which is why they're called Neo Nazis.

Besides, if you really want to limit the term the way you're trying to basically no one has ever been a Nazi. Adolf Hitler wouldn't meet the strictest standards if you want to go by ethnic background (some contend he had Jewish ancestry, which is something he wrestled with while he was fuhrer), national origin (he was born in Austria-Hungary, not the German Empire), hair colour (he had dark hair), physical condition (he was fat), and finally there is to consider that the "Aryan" race conceived of in German mysticism does not and never did actually exist. So there you go: the quintessential Nazi wasn't a "true Nazi", and no one can truly claim to be one since the race they're supposed to be is imaginary. It turns out Nazism is bullshit, and has been from the beginning. Who knew?

http://world.time.com/2011/12/15/the-aryan-race-time-to-forget-about-it/
68940 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
East Coast
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
Using the words of anime and the Declaration of Independence, Starting from Zero, all men and women are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. I'm sure someone is going to complain about that one also, though.
5046 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 8/31/16 , edited 8/31/16
I don't thing White Lives Matters is a hate group. But they are ignorant at best, racist at worse. The Black Lives Matter movement has been around for about three, maybe four years now. In that time the mission statement has been the same, to rise awareness of police brutality in poor, predominately black communities and to change racist polices and the mindset that allows for unarmed black people to be killed. What is was never about was ONLY Black Lives Mattering. Something that has been said since day one and for some reason, people still don't get.

Which why WLM exist, as as answer to BLM for white people. Except its not needed because as long as there have been white people in the Americas, white lives have mattered. There haven't been near as many case of unarmed white people being killed by police and when those cases do pop up, its not the WLM that raises awareness of them, but the BLM, the Dreamer movement or other minority groups. And if not to raise awareness of the the unjust treatment of white people by police, then why does it exist?

For the same reason the Straight Pride, White History month, and the MRA exist; to bring the attention back to people that are White, Cis, Hetero, Male or any combo of them. No one can ever have a idea or movement criticizing 'White Male' centric culture without 'White Men' getting upset and saying how it is actually You that are in the wrong somehow. You shouldn't have been drinking at a party so you wouldn't have been raped. 'You shouldn't wear baggy clothes and a hoodie if you wouldn't get pulled over. You shouldn't wear a Hijab if you wanted to fly on a plane. And if someone comes along with proof of actual injustice, they'll put their figures in their ears and scream, 'NO, YOU'RE THE SEXIST ONE! NO, YOU ARE THE RACIST ONE! I'M GOING TO START A GROUP TO SHOW HOW -IST YOU REALLY ARE!!"

So the group is founded and people join because the are ignorant of the what the 'other' group was trying to say or they were racist to begin with a now have a place to be open about it. Are they a hate group? No, mostly because they aren't organized and exist ONLY to counter the BLM. But that is both ignorant and a massive waste of time, imo.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.