First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Ben Shapiro Vs Milo Yiannopoulous And The Alt Right?
25139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Beyond The Wall
Offline
Posted 8/31/16
I hate that being Alt Right is the new countercultural thing to do now. So many normies and redditrash have been coming to /pol/ trying to get in on our lifestyle.
Emtro 
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/31/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Do any of you people read?


Reading the wiki post was enough. The truth is that, everything you listed is a biased and bigoted. Ben hates Milo because he's gay, and supports Trump. Every time he tries to justify his disagreement with Milo it shows. I listen to Ben and Milo's podcasts and sometimes I read their work. I find myself in agreement and disagreement with both of them but this alt-right thing is where Ben loses.

In an effort to discredit Milo, Ben has adopted the leftist definition and blanket labeling of the allegedly racist "alt-right". Rather than preset facts like he usually does, he repeats non-facts and vague references like the leftists he's so popular for debunking to talk negatively about the alt-right.

You will never find Ben talking sense when he is talking about Milo or Trump. He can't get past his bias, which is quite a painful thing to see him get trapped in.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Emtro wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Do any of you people read?


Reading the wiki post was enough. The truth is that, everything you listed is a biased and bigoted. Ben hates Milo because he's gay, and supports Trump. Every time he tries to justify his disagreement with Milo it shows. I listen to Ben and Milo's podcasts and sometimes I read their work. I find myself in agreement and disagreement with both of them but this alt-right thing is where Ben loses.

In an effort to discredit Milo, Ben has adopted the leftist definition and blanket labeling of the allegedly racist "alt-right". Rather than preset facts like he usually does, he repeats non-facts and vague references like the leftists he's so popular for debunking to talk negatively about the alt-right.

You will never find Ben talking sense when he is talking about Milo or Trump. He can't get past his bias, which is quite a painful thing to see him get trapped in.


So what's exactly is the alt right then? I just assumed it was just a bunch of trolls in a sort of counterculture, with Milo catering to them on Breitbart.


Not that I'd expect anything from the internet. It is the internet. Though I find it questionable how much political power they have versus radical leftists.
Emtro 
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

So what's exactly is the alt right then? I just assumed it was just a bunch of trolls in a sort of counterculture, with Milo catering to them on Breitbart.


Not that I'd expect anything from the internet. It is the internet. Though I find it questionable how much political power they have versus radical leftists.


I wouldn't say the alt-right has political power. It's more than a reactionary movement too. The sentiment has been growing for decades as so-called progressives plunge further and further into this fascist, thought control regime. It is silly to claim that everyone has the same beliefs but from what I can tell most of the alt-right share some basic beliefs.


    -Illegal immigration is not immigration, it's illegal immigration. It's detrimental to the country (A brief but good explanation of one aspect of this https://youtu.be/m-exDNXhpo0?t=288).
    -Nationalism is not racism, our country has been and if we are lucky, will continue to be the bastion of freedom for the world.
    -Political Correctness is Censorship in the worst imaginable way (this is where the trolls are born to oppose in excess).


There's more but I am mostly sure about those points.

8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16

Emtro wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

So what's exactly is the alt right then? I just assumed it was just a bunch of trolls in a sort of counterculture, with Milo catering to them on Breitbart.


Not that I'd expect anything from the internet. It is the internet. Though I find it questionable how much political power they have versus radical leftists.


I wouldn't say the alt-right has political power. It's more than a reactionary movement too. The sentiment has been growing for decades as so-called progressives plunge further and further into this fascist, thought control regime. It is silly to claim that everyone has the same beliefs but from what I can tell most of the alt-right share some basic beliefs.


    -Illegal immigration is not immigration, it's illegal immigration. It's detrimental to the country (A brief but good explanation of one aspect of this https://youtu.be/m-exDNXhpo0?t=288).
    -Nationalism is not racism, our country has been and if we are lucky, will continue to be the bastion of freedom for the world.
    -Political Correctness is Censorship in the worst imaginable way (this is where the trolls are born to oppose in excess).


There's more but I am mostly sure about those points.



Don't you mean patriotism? Nationalism is generally considered something else, right?

Edit: As much as I dislike how far political correctness has gone, I'm not sure shouting the most racist stuff you can and being a general asshole, then calling people SJWs for calling them a racist for saying clearly racist things is well...logical.

To clearly pass this off as political participation seems moronic on the same level of Anonymous.
Posted 9/1/16
I liked Ben Shapiro, at first. His pro-gun reasoning was one I could (at the very least) come to terms with. That said, the guy he spoke to at the time was that clown Pierce whats-his-face on CNN, so of course he sounded bright in comparison. But, as I listened to him more in other videos, all I heard from him was "The left-wing is this, and the left-wing is that, in contrast to all of this other stuff that I am inadvertently implying myself and the right-wing as being." I could not help but ignore his retarded ass, and laugh at the sound of his name.
Posted 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Do any of you people read?


I mostly avoid wasting my time, so, no, not really, rarely.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:

I liked Ben Shapiro, at first. His pro-gun reasoning was one I could (at the very least) come to terms with. That said, the guy he spoke to at the time was that clown Pierce whats-his-face on CNN, so of course he sounded bright in comparison. But, as I listened to him more in other videos, all I heard from him was "The left-wing is this, and the left-wing is that, in contrast to all of this other stuff that I am inadvertently implying myself and the right-wing as being." I could not help but ignore his retarded ass, and laugh at the sound of his name.


Oh, that what initially attracted me too. I think Morgan is a moron. I'm not sure what to believe now.
Posted 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

I liked Ben Shapiro, at first. His pro-gun reasoning was one I could (at the very least) come to terms with. That said, the guy he spoke to at the time was that clown Pierce whats-his-face on CNN, so of course he sounded bright in comparison. But, as I listened to him more in other videos, all I heard from him was "The left-wing is this, and the left-wing is that, in contrast to all of this other stuff that I am inadvertently implying myself and the right-wing as being." I could not help but ignore his retarded ass, and laugh at the sound of his name.


Oh, that what initially attracted me too. I think Morgan is a moron. I'm not sure what to believe now.


I think it's rather safe to assume that they are both morons. Trust the force, PV.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

I liked Ben Shapiro, at first. His pro-gun reasoning was one I could (at the very least) come to terms with. That said, the guy he spoke to at the time was that clown Pierce whats-his-face on CNN, so of course he sounded bright in comparison. But, as I listened to him more in other videos, all I heard from him was "The left-wing is this, and the left-wing is that, in contrast to all of this other stuff that I am inadvertently implying myself and the right-wing as being." I could not help but ignore his retarded ass, and laugh at the sound of his name.


Oh, that what initially attracted me too. I think Morgan is a moron. I'm not sure what to believe now.


I think it's rather safe to assume that they are both morons. Trust the force, PV.


I think some of his books are pretty vicious against the left, but I think he's got a great deal of intelligence and know how in debate, though I suppose you could be right...
Emtro 
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Don't you mean patriotism? Nationalism is generally considered something else, right?

Edit: As much as I dislike how far political correctness has gone, I'm not sure shouting the most racist stuff you can and being a general asshole, then calling people SJWs for calling them a racist for saying clearly racist things is well...logical.

To clearly pass this off as political participation seems moronic on the same level of Anonymous.


That's funny:
na·tion·al·ism
ˈ/'naSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
    patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.


And there in lies the beauty of it. It's not the "most racist stuff" being said, it's the newly 'racist' things being said. Facts are racist, logic is sexist, and free speech is violence if it opposes anything on the left.

Satire is historic. It's meant to provoke thought, even if it provokes feels in the process.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

I liked Ben Shapiro, at first. His pro-gun reasoning was one I could (at the very least) come to terms with. That said, the guy he spoke to at the time was that clown Pierce whats-his-face on CNN, so of course he sounded bright in comparison. But, as I listened to him more in other videos, all I heard from him was "The left-wing is this, and the left-wing is that, in contrast to all of this other stuff that I am inadvertently implying myself and the right-wing as being." I could not help but ignore his retarded ass, and laugh at the sound of his name.


Oh, that what initially attracted me too. I think Morgan is a moron. I'm not sure what to believe now.


I think it's rather safe to assume that they are both morons. Trust the force, PV.


Care to mention why Ben is an idiot aside from you feel he is to hard on the left? Morgan is an idiot, Ben is definitely not, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but the difference is that Ben brings facts and sources to back him up in just about everything (except his opinion on Milo lol).

Posted 9/1/16

Punk_Mela wrote:

Care to mention why Ben is an idiot aside from you feel he is to hard on the left? Morgan is an idiot, Ben is definitely not, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but the difference is that Ben brings facts and sources to back him up in just about everything (except his opinion on Milo lol).


No, I wont bother. Good luck with your presidential election, though.
5318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:


Punk_Mela wrote:

Care to mention why Ben is an idiot aside from you feel he is to hard on the left? Morgan is an idiot, Ben is definitely not, that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says but the difference is that Ben brings facts and sources to back him up in just about everything (except his opinion on Milo lol).


No, I wont bother. Good luck with your presidential election, though.


On one hand I would point out what a sad person you are for taking a position and "not being bothered" to defend or even reason for it when asked by someone who legitimately wants to know. But on the other,I happened to see some of your other posts in other threads in the time it took you to come up with that especially clever link and I am pretty convinced you are a just the ghostly manifestation of butthurt far leftists that has been sent to the internet to plague anyone who dared to reason online.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Emtro wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
Don't you mean patriotism? Nationalism is generally considered something else, right?

Edit: As much as I dislike how far political correctness has gone, I'm not sure shouting the most racist stuff you can and being a general asshole, then calling people SJWs for calling them a racist for saying clearly racist things is well...logical.

To clearly pass this off as political participation seems moronic on the same level of Anonymous.


That's funny:
na·tion·al·ism
ˈ/'naSH(ə)nəˌlizəm/
noun
    patriotic feeling, principles, or efforts.


And there in lies the beauty of it. It's not the "most racist stuff" being said, it's the newly 'racist' things being said. Facts are racist, logic is sexist, and free speech is violence if it opposes anything on the left.

Satire is historic. It's meant to provoke thought, even if it provokes feels in the process.


Oh, okay. I guess I should ignore them.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.