First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply former extremist to teach at george washington university
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-extremist-to-join-george-washington-university-staff/ar-AAih96a?ocid=UE07DHP


oh, BRILLIANT


ex felons have a hard time getting a job if at all but this guy can teach our countries young minds

oh
ok
10612 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16
The director trusts him, the FBI trusts him, and he says he feels very sorry for what he did, so I guess it will have to be taken on a case by case basis.

If he is telling the truth, which we must assume that he is, he may be able to prevent or curtail other young, stupid know-it-alls from falling to passionate, but legally suspect, organizations.

Besides, the internet is full of stories of how American universities, like Columbia University, have hired and are hiring domestic terrorists to teach at their establishments.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

gornotck wrote:

The director trusts him, the FBI trusts him, and he says he feels very sorry for what he did, so I guess it will have to be taken on a case by case basis.

If he is telling the truth, which we must assume that he is, he may be able to prevent or curtail other young, stupid know-it-alls from falling to passionate, but legally suspect, organizations.

Besides, the internet is full of stories of how American universities, like Columbia University, have hired and are hiring domestic terrorists to teach at their establishments.


as they say "once a cheater always a cheater"

I wouldn't come 5 miles close to this man
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

gornotck wrote:

The director trusts him, the FBI trusts him, and he says he feels very sorry for what he did, so I guess it will have to be taken on a case by case basis.

If he is telling the truth, which we must assume that he is, he may be able to prevent or curtail other young, stupid know-it-alls from falling to passionate, but legally suspect, organizations.

Besides, the internet is full of stories of how American universities, like Columbia University, have hired and are hiring domestic terrorists to teach at their establishments.


also if he felt very sorry for what he did he should have stayed in jail his full sentence, at least, nothing can bring back the people he has killed
he should be in jail for LIFE
Posted 9/1/16
GROWL KILL THEM ALL! BOMB THEM! MURDER THEM! HANG THEM! GET YOUR PITCH FORKS! YARRRRRGH!

Does this reaffirm your feelings?
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16
And one of the former head chefs of Caesar's Palace was a drug trafficker sentenced to 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Henderson_(chef)


Just saying.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:

GROWL KILL THEM ALL! BOMB THEM! MURDER THEM! HANG THEM! GET YOUR PITCH FORKS! YARRRRRGH!

Does this reaffirm your feelings?


you cannot deny what this man has done
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

And one of the former head chefs of Caesar's Palace was a drug trafficker sentenced to 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Henderson_(chef)


Just saying.


I don't understand where you are going with this
8508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

redokami wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

And one of the former head chefs of Caesar's Palace was a drug trafficker sentenced to 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Henderson_(chef)


Just saying.


I don't understand where you are going with this


TBH I don't understand either.

Someone, please explain my view!
Posted 9/1/16

redokami wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

GROWL KILL THEM ALL! BOMB THEM! MURDER THEM! HANG THEM! GET YOUR PITCH FORKS! YARRRRRGH!

Does this reaffirm your feelings?


you cannot deny what this man has done


You did not answer my question, so here's an image of a monkey gift-wrapping some bananas.

Posted 9/1/16
People change.
But maybe they don't.
So yeah.
Dutch Moderator
30801 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / The Netherlands
Online
Posted 9/1/16
Thankfully there are people that have a tad more faith in humanity.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

redokami wrote:

ex felons have a hard time getting a job if at all but this guy can teach our countries young minds

47864 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16
I would gladly hire Maajid Nawaz, which quite quickly discredits the idea that I can't hire someone with an Islamist past. Sadly, however, Maajid is a bit of an outlier. Nonetheless, I think any school should be happy to have him.

But to reference this particular case, I just don't know this guy well enough. How have his views changed? If he fully admits that there's a deep connection between Islam and Islamism, then I think he might actually be quite valuable to the discourse. Even if not, surely he knows quite a bit about the recruitment process. And since he's being hired specifically for that research goal, I think he could provide some valuable insights. Either way, I just don't have enough information about him to say one way or the other. That he was a former extremist is not enough to disqualify him, and he might be more valuable for the exact same reason. Because he was a former extremist, he knows more about how they work. And being that he was hired to research that particular subject, he might very well be perfect for the role.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


redokami wrote:

ex felons have a hard time getting a job if at all but this guy can teach our countries young minds



the point is, his background

first he didn't even serve his full sentence, 4 years out of 11 when it should be life

second he could be getting, then giving information to extremists,

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.