First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Georgetown University Plans Steps to Atone for Slave Past
18686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16
Going out of your way to benefit from your ancestors' suffering is wrong, and offering to atone for a past crime you did not commit is stupid.
16735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Going out of your way to benefit from your ancestors' suffering is wrong, and offering to atone for a past crime you did not commit is stupid.


Agreed. Your ancestors would have wanted two things.... Them to go bankrupt or them to treat their descendants as equals.

Simply treating people with respect and as an equal is all you have to do. What they are doing is racist! Preferential treatment for one "race" over another is the very definition of racism.
8488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Rujikin wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Going out of your way to benefit from your ancestors' suffering is wrong, and offering to atone for a past crime you did not commit is stupid.


Agreed. Your ancestors would have wanted two things.... Them to go bankrupt or them to treat their descendants as equals.

Simply treating people with respect and as an equal is all you have to do. What they are doing is racist! Preferential treatment for one "race" over another is the very definition of racism.


Some part of me feels affirmative action is unjustified in today's climate. I'm not very cynical, if anything there is an episode on Modern Family on the lengths people will go to be diverse.

My view? I think hiring processes for most businesses and colleges should rely on voluntary quotas on whatever they feel would best benefit their campus or business. Hiring on the other hand, should be subjected to a more rigorous form of scrutiny.

I don't know what to believe though.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16
So how far back should we go?
When some of us was slaves or taken by the vikings?
18686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

GooseMcDucks wrote:

So how far back should we go?
When some of us was slaves or taken by the vikings?


this^
seriously, every people at some point were slaves, if we are going to go down this route then just make everyone owe everyone perpetually
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16

GooseMcDucks wrote:

So how far back should we go?
When some of us was slaves or taken by the vikings?


Hey, hey, hey... we only enslaved the Irish. Shut up.

Their skin is like milky cream. Slurp.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 9/1/16 , edited 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:
Hey, hey, hey... we only enslaved the Irish. Shut up.
Here have a irish coffee!



Posted 9/1/16

GooseMcDucks wrote:


Hrafna wrote:
Hey, hey, hey... we only enslaved the Irish. Shut up.
Here have a irish coffee!





Slurp.
Humms 
10529 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 9/1/16
Congratulations! You are now eligible to recieve 10% savings on your car insurence!

If your father's father, or your father's father, father, father has been involved in any way to slavery, please use the promo code #gofuckurself and you will be added to the list of eligible individuals to recieve this amazing discount.

If you'd like to learn more, visit our website at WWW.Ihavelostallfaithinhumanity.ORG/killurself

Remember, the better way to drive all begins with a smile ( insert random jingle here)

Disclaimer, not everyone can recieve these discounts, only individuals who offer better media spotlight to better promote said university, sales, and overall exposure. White people are not eligible to recieve this discount, this is in no way discrimination of color, we do not condone the idea of discrimination, and these claims are only valid to the individual in question and shall be delt with in a manner that is fair and deserved.

If you have any complaints please contact our customer service representative at 1800 4275 8395, charges may apply to white people.

so Fucking easy it hurts xD
18686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Humms wrote:

Congratulations! You are now eligible to recieve 10% savings on your car insurence!

If your father's father, or your father's father, father, father has been involved in any way to slavery, please use the promo code #gofuckurself and you will be added to the list of eligible individuals to recieve this amazing discount.

If you'd like to learn more, visit our website at WWW.Ihavelostallfaithinhumanity.ORG/killurself

Remember, the better way to drive all begins with a smile ( insert random jingle here)

Disclaimer, not everyone can recieve these discounts, only individuals who offer better media spotlight to better promote said university, sales, and overall exposure. White people are not eligible to recieve this discount, this is in no way discrimination of color, we do not condone the idea of discrimination, and these claims are only valid to the individual in question and shall be delt with in a manner that is fair and deserved.

If you have any complaints please contact our customer service representative at 1800 4275 8395, charges may apply to white people.

so Fucking easy it hurts xD


im dead, omg lol
18686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Hrafna wrote:


GooseMcDucks wrote:

So how far back should we go?
When some of us was slaves or taken by the vikings?


Hey, hey, hey... we only enslaved the Irish. Shut up.

Their skin is like milky cream. Slurp.


im my great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents were irish slaves-most likely- -and more recently 4 gens back irish-


give me compensation money you scum

and a statue


and a school for irish only
and a irish history month
16735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 9/1/16

Humms wrote:

Congratulations! You are now eligible to recieve 10% savings on your car insurence!

If your father's father, or your father's father, father, father has been involved in any way to slavery, please use the promo code #gofuckurself and you will be added to the list of eligible individuals to recieve this amazing discount.

If you'd like to learn more, visit our website at WWW.Ihavelostallfaithinhumanity.ORG/killurself

Remember, the better way to drive all begins with a smile ( insert random jingle here)

Disclaimer, not everyone can recieve these discounts, only individuals who offer better media spotlight to better promote said university, sales, and overall exposure. White people are not eligible to recieve this discount, this is in no way discrimination of color, we do not condone the idea of discrimination, and these claims are only valid to the individual in question and shall be delt with in a manner that is fair and deserved.

If you have any complaints please contact our customer service representative at 1800 4275 8395, charges may apply to white people.

so Fucking easy it hurts xD


Oh god my sides! Your killing me here!
16735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 9/3/16 , edited 9/3/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Going out of your way to benefit from your ancestors' suffering is wrong, and offering to atone for a past crime you did not commit is stupid.


Agreed. Your ancestors would have wanted two things.... Them to go bankrupt or them to treat their descendants as equals.

Simply treating people with respect and as an equal is all you have to do. What they are doing is racist! Preferential treatment for one "race" over another is the very definition of racism.


Some part of me feels affirmative action is unjustified in today's climate. I'm not very cynical, if anything there is an episode on Modern Family on the lengths people will go to be diverse.

My view? I think hiring processes for most businesses and colleges should rely on voluntary quotas on whatever they feel would best benefit their campus or business. Hiring on the other hand, should be subjected to a more rigorous form of scrutiny.

I don't know what to believe though.


Really affirmative action is outdated nowadays. It's not so prevalent and we just have to let real racism slowly die over time.

Typically it's easy to see discrimination. Every industry has trends on hiring and if someone is wildly off from that it's easy to see something is different and look into it.
17179 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
(´◔౪◔)✂❤
Offline
Posted 9/3/16 , edited 9/3/16

redokami wrote:

im my great great great great great great great great great great great grandparents were irish slaves-most likely- -and more recently 4 gens back irish-


give me compensation money you scum

and a statue


and a school for irish only
and a irish history month
there is an Irish heritage month, there is also one for the Italians.

The only reason why people don't know about it is because they didn't care enough to look. it only became an issue when people of color had their own month because you perceived as exclusion.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.