First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply You Inspiration After Watching Sword Art Online?
32286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/8/16

Lemontitties wrote:


SilverFLOYD wrote:

People always will hate on something when it is become popular, will say it is too mainstream or sell out. Soa may not be the best but it's definitely not the worst either, people need to not take too seriously a little anime show meant to entertain you.


If we're not meant to take it seriously, then maybe the show shouldn't take itself seriously then? When a show like SAO is centered around plot and fails to execute said plot, you're damn right viewers are going to criticize its flaws. Sure, it's not the worst I've seen, but I don't personally dislike it just because it's popular. Otherwise, I wouldn't enjoy shows like Naruto or One Piece, even when they have flaws as well. Now granted, I definitely don't think it deserves the amount of popularity it has garnered when it's mediocre at best.


I think the reason it does well it like most Shoen it a power fanstay guy end up in another world, becomes the best swordsman, get the girl, has to save the girl while getting a harem along the way then he becomes a jedi

Now what teenage boy didn't ever dream of that?
24637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / California
Offline
Posted 9/8/16
Legendary? hehe
Despite many people dissed the anime, I kinda liked it. Well, I love Asuna, definitely waifu material... and you might say that is my inspiration...
Music is definitely awesome, since It's Yuki Kajiura... my favourite composer.!
Like many others as well, I see some of the flaws too... no to incest...but I guess, I just ignore all the flaws.

TBH, the only arcs I really enjoyed was the 1st arc and Mother's Rosario.. & the fanservice Calibur...
8754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 9/8/16

Lemontitties wrote:


Reiter01 wrote:

People whine to much as it is meant as entertainment not a huge debate about flaws. Granted it does have some, but the author did get better in the later stories which never made it to anime (belive me, keep reading shit stuff I find on Amazon when looking for books with a similar theme to SAO, I like SAO better then that crap). Also seen some good fanfiction centered in the SAO universe, perferably not following the main plot....couple really stood out.

What I am saying is; if you cannot turn your mind off and just enjoy it then it is not you cup of tea...go find something else cause what you like might no be what I like. If you have to make well over 1.5 hours worth of video on youtube in a 3 part series or find 107 flaws.....it is not that you like or despise it; it is just that you prefer to stand on a soap box to proclaim to the masses of your point of view for opinions centering on your dis-like cause you like to hear the sound of your own voice. Simple yes or no can get your opinion across just quickly, with a single flaw that you find (not a 1.5 hours or 107 problems).

Personally, I would of liked to see a fleshed out first season going from 12 episodes to 24 alone with better plot for SAO.


It's funny how people who try to defend something automatically call criticism whining. If you have to turn your brain off to get some sort of false enjoyment out of a show, then it's not a good show? I see that you went out of your way to criticize people who make YouTube videos on addressing the negatives in shows, yet you somehow think a simple yes or no is a better alternative because it's quicker? If people did that, then people would beg more questions on why they don't like the show. Believe it or not, addressing the positives and the negatives in a video for thousands of people to watch makes for a very entertaining and informative video for a lot of people.


Bro, you are way over blowing what I am saying. You can make a video and say your opinion in just a a few minutes or a couple of paragraphs, but a fucking full length DVD worth is not the way to go cause then you are devoting way to much of you life to finding faults in the things you hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhebk70xRo&list=PL0TKQUujhpuWDomVsJWWP-8n1CcMR8txr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ovDkD6t2U

Editting, cutting, uploading, dialouge, listing facts....how much of your life are you going to waste including the final cut of your rant of the thing you despise so much. That effort is greater then the actual length of the video.

Get it? Eventually it just becomes self opinionated about everything instead of "Yeah, I didn't like it cause of the time skips, lack of character development, and some bad writing." I can understand that faster then pointing out every negative aspect cause then the people start to sound boring. Bashing something is fine, hell I love the abridged series and some of the other videos that can put humor on how bad something is but pure negative facts as thick as a phone book I don't want to hear about. Even some bad shit is good, hence the Abridged series.

I click my brain off means I just enjoy it for what it is worth, sometimes it is great and sometimes it is not be it a movie or anime. An example for me would be Momokuri and This Art Club Has a Problem as both are very similar., I just could not stand to watch Momokuri after 5 minutes into the 3rd episode, no plot development beyond blushing and stalking yet Art Club was paced faster with better comedy even to the current episode.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/8/16

Reiter01 wrote:


Bro, you are way over blowing what I am saying. You can make a video and say your opinion in just a a few minutes or a couple of paragraphs, but a fucking full length DVD worth is not the way to go cause then you are devoting way to much of you life to finding faults in the things you hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhebk70xRo&list=PL0TKQUujhpuWDomVsJWWP-8n1CcMR8txr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ovDkD6t2U

Editting, cutting, uploading, dialouge, listing facts....how much of your life are you going to waste including the final cut of your rant of the thing you despise so much. That effort is greater then the actual length of the video.

Get it? Eventually it just becomes self opinionated about everything instead of "Yeah, I didn't like it cause of the time skips, lack of character development, and some bad writing." I can understand that faster then pointing out every negative aspect cause then the people start to sound boring. Bashing something is fine, hell I love the abridged series and some of the other videos that can put humor on how bad something is but pure negative facts as thick as a phone book I don't want to hear about. Even some bad shit is good, hence the Abridged series.

I click my brain off means I just enjoy it for what it is worth, sometimes it is great and sometimes it is not be it a movie or anime. An example for me would be Momokuri and This Art Club Has a Problem as both are very similar., I just could not stand to watch Momokuri after 5 minutes into the 3rd episode, no plot development beyond blushing and stalking yet Art Club was paced faster with better comedy even to the current episode.


These videos are a thing for a reason. People like to gather in one place to discuss and even provide insight on why something is good or bad, it's nothing new really. Simply saying lack of character development or bad writing doesn't provide enough detail as to why that show is bad. What makes the writing bad? What specific character development is lacking? Seems to me that you're just annoyed that people are criticizing anime that you like. See, there you go. You sort of just proved my point indirectly. You said how you could not stand Momokuri because it was constant blushing and stalking. Yet you enjoy Art Club because of the better pacing and comedy it provided. You tried to turn your brain off for Momokuri, but it wasn't doing anything for you because the plot was going nowhere and there was no substance to be gained from it. Yet you were fully coherent to grasp and understand the comedy Art Club portrayed and got enjoyment out of it. A show doesn't need to be plot heavy to be entertaining, but when a show like Sword Art Online is centered around its plot, then you have to treat it as such. Again, if you have to turn your brain off to try and get some sort of false enjoyment, then it is not a good show.
22086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/8/16
I'm trying to recall how far into SA:O I got before i just stopped trying with it, I think the episode with people 'dying' in the town was when the time skips and confusing pacing combined with my lack investment with the main or supporting cast made me bail, and I'm still bitter about it because it so much potential that I personally felt was very wasted. Personally SAO is the animé equivalent to FF13 in my eyes, there might some good in there, but the fact I would have to make it through so much I don't like just to get to it means I'm not gonna bother.
101437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / You, Knighted States
Offline
Posted 9/8/16
SAO made SAO Abridged possible.
1848 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
Inspiration? Well, to keep it short: it was all right. S1: first 14 episodes were great but then it took the wrong direction. S2: better but there's still something that makes me enjoy less of this.
jcal94 
15300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Central Illinois
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Reiter01 wrote:

Bro, you are way over blowing what I am saying. You can make a video and say your opinion in just a a few minutes or a couple of paragraphs, but a fucking full length DVD worth is not the way to go cause then you are devoting way to much of you life to finding faults in the things you hate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhebk70xRo&list=PL0TKQUujhpuWDomVsJWWP-8n1CcMR8txr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ovDkD6t2U

Editting, cutting, uploading, dialouge, listing facts....how much of your life are you going to waste including the final cut of your rant of the thing you despise so much. That effort is greater then the actual length of the video.

Get it? Eventually it just becomes self opinionated about everything instead of "Yeah, I didn't like it cause of the time skips, lack of character development, and some bad writing." I can understand that faster then pointing out every negative aspect cause then the people start to sound boring. Bashing something is fine, hell I love the abridged series and some of the other videos that can put humor on how bad something is but pure negative facts as thick as a phone book I don't want to hear about. Even some bad shit is good, hence the Abridged series.

I click my brain off means I just enjoy it for what it is worth, sometimes it is great and sometimes it is not be it a movie or anime. An example for me would be Momokuri and This Art Club Has a Problem as both are very similar., I just could not stand to watch Momokuri after 5 minutes into the 3rd episode, no plot development beyond blushing and stalking yet Art Club was paced faster with better comedy even to the current episode.


See that bolded sentence? That states for a fact you're a fanboy. If you are going to deny actual facts about a series because they're negative and there's a lot of them, then you're a fanboy, plain and simple. When a story has such a blatant plothole that Asuna should have ALREADY been dead at the end of the first arc, but instead was in some digital purgatory instead of having her brain fried like EVERY OTHER PERSON, you know there's bad writing. SAO is pure junk, it's a freshman effort. The real writing ability of Kawahara is showcased in Accel World. At least there the main character actually has character development and a reason for Kuroyukihime liking him, instead of "he can wield two swords, I wanna jump on that!"
61638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
SAO gave us Sinon and her amazing ass.
5384 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / California
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Goff256 wrote:

What's good about it:
Premise of the first arc
Art style

What's bad about it:
Literally everything else


^
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
Go read the light novels.

It's an adventure.
34047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

SilverFLOYD wrote:

People always will hate on something when it is become popular, will say it is too mainstream or sell out.



Quoted for truth.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16

Pixywing wrote:

SAO has way to many issues for me.

As you watch more anime you will start to hopefully see for yourself in which areas SAO is bad at:


It's also very evident if you have seen other animes with a similiar premise do everything better from even basic like dialogue and design.
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
SAO is great, and anyone who says there is a lack if character development is frankly an idiot and needs their head checked...Kirito is a prime example of this.

Also SAO is far superior to the steaming pile of crap that is Accel World lol.
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Neon9000 wrote:

SAO is great, and anyone who says there is a lack if character development is frankly an idiot and needs their head checked...Kirito is a prime example of this.

Also SAO is far superior to the steaming pile of crap that is Accel World lol.


Not taking the bait.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.