First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Why You Should Boycott "Yuri On Ice".
108233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 5/14/17

Yamstarch wrote:

Also... A Japanese kid named Yuri?

Kyou Kara Maoh says "Remember me?" (The main character was a boy named Yuri Shibuya).

21145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 5/14/17

TheAncientOne wrote:


Yamstarch wrote:

Also... A Japanese kid named Yuri?

Kyou Kara Maoh says "Remember me?" (The main character was a boy named Yuri Shibuya).



Oh snap.


Damnit A1 let me have my snark
18453 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 5/15/17

sundin13 wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

NO, NOT A SECOND SEASON! FUCK YOU ANIME INDUSTRY!

I have decided a petition. If we cannot prevent a second season, then we should change the name of the entire franchise.

https://www.change.org/p/urge-mappa-to-change-yuri-on-ice-to-yaoi-on-ice


As you can see, I proposed we should change the title from Yuri on Ice to Yaoi on Ice.

Now who is with me?

There is an abridged series (ongoing) called Yaoi on the Rocks by the wonderful Octopimp if that makes you feel any better xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cibd1vjE_W4



If this winds up anything like 50% Off, I'll probably wind up liking this more than the original version


'SELFIES FOR FACESBOOK!'
7266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 5/15/17
Personally, I don't care, so I'm not gonna support this anime.
25544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 5/15/17

Yamstarch wrote:

How about how it's animation is subpar at best?

Just sayin'

Also... A Japanese kid named Yuri?


Careful with what you say about the anime, or else you will be....skating on thin ice.
4637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 5/16/17
cause they made it gay near the end
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Goldenrod City, J...
Offline
Posted 5/17/17
I'd watch it.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/11/17
I would like to point out the cover should have clued a lot of people in that it was about men and not women, however, let put that aside. I can understand that you felt disappointment that the anime wasn't what you thought it would be. That said, it's actually an entertaining anime to watch and I enjoyed it. I'm not saying you have to but maybe you should give it a try before you dismiss it out of hand. I look forward to the OVA as well as season 2.

Another thing, I have a half brother & an uncle who are in fact Russian and both of their names are Yuri. To say there isn't any Russians out there with that name is silly.

25544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Online
Posted 8/11/17

midnightshaddix wrote:

I would like to point out the cover should have clued a lot of people in that it was about men and not women, however, let put that aside. I can understand that you felt disappointment that the anime wasn't what you thought it would be. That said, it's actually an entertaining anime to watch and I enjoyed it. I'm not saying you have to but maybe you should give it a try before you dismiss it out of hand. I look forward to the OVA as well as season 2.

Another thing, I have a half brother & an uncle who are in fact Russian and both of their names are Yuri. To say there isn't any Russians out there with that name is silly.



Sorry if I offended you. My proclamation that there are" No Russians are not named Yuri" was an attempt at humor. I mentioned a Russian Cosmonaut, and scoffing if such a person had a name, but there is a Russian Cosmonaut by the named of Yuri Gagarin, accepted as the first human to be in outer space.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 8/11/17
No offence was taken but I just found it amusing and tacked it on for fun. Thou, I would like it if you gave the series a shot. It was funny and the jokes were the lame ones you can't help but smile a little. Heck I was even rooting for people to screw up just so the main charter would win. LOL
247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / St. Louis, MO
Offline
Posted 8/12/17
I have not seen this series yet but I am in love with the opening. I hope they release it on DVD/Bluray with a dub.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F
Offline
Posted 11/22/17
No rage guys !
peace and love
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / VT, USA
Offline
Posted 2/11/18 , edited 2/11/18
I'm really not sure what you're angry about. That there's a Russian name? Yuri isn't just a Japanese name. It's also Greek and Hebrew. And you're pissed that they're not girls...... ??

RAGE

119178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/11/18

Lazydaisy666 wrote:

I'm really not sure what you're angry about. That there's a Russian name? Yuri isn't just a Japanese name. It's also Greek and Hebrew. And you're pissed that they're not girls...... ??

RAGE



It's a joke.
16 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / VT, USA
Offline
Posted 2/11/18
I'm not saying "rage" seriously. Mine is a joke too, my friend.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.