First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Hillary Clinton apologizes for calling Trump supporters racists, sexist and homophobic
6600 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 9/10/16
Well, at least she apologized. I may not be a fan or voter of hers, but it was nice of her to apologize.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/10/16 , edited 9/11/16
But she was right, why apologise for speaking the truth?
46359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / End of Nowhere
Offline
Posted 9/10/16

Xxanthar wrote:


Cellory wrote:


People talk about trust. Personally I can trust someone who understands when they made a mistake and tries to fix it over someone who just tries to pretend they never make errors.


I trust Hillary to sell us all to the highest bidder. (probably google)


I trust Trump to sell us to Russia. Sadly Russia will not even be the highest bidder.
46359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / End of Nowhere
Offline
Posted 9/10/16 , edited 9/11/16

Ranwolf wrote:

But she was right, why apologise for speaking the truth?


Because the truth hurts.
14947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 9/10/16 , edited 9/11/16

Ranwolf wrote:

But she was right, why apologise for speaking the truth?


Because of bullshit. Because America has decided that calling people racist is more worthy of condemnation and challenge than actually being racist. Because seemingly no one is willing to just sit Drumpf down and tear into him for constantly lying, ignoring reality, changing his positions, refusing to adequately or satisfactorily explain his policy proposals, and making broadly racist statements about minority groups. But the second Hillary says something offensive to Drumpf's voter base everyone starts flinging shit and screeching their heads off.

Because this is a sad fucking truth about the country I live in. It is full of whiny, entitled bastards who complain about political correctness and then throw a hissy fit whenever they're criticized. Who want to be able to say whatever they want about someone else and face no repercussions for it. Who drone on and on about the first amendment when all they really want is to do and say whatever they want without fear of challenge. Basically a pack of whiny egotistical kindergartners.

It's hypocrisy at it's finest. Hillary's statements were a political misfire but they're not off the mark at all. Drumpf should've gotten this and worse back when this whole thing started. That way maybe we wouldn't be facing this fiasco.
19917 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/16

Dubnoman wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

You are what they call "batshit crazy".




No, I'm not. The truth is you don't realize that an overwhelming amount of white supremacists in America are for the republican party. Do you deny this? Answer me that. Are you saying that isn't true?


The actual truth is that you aren't smart enough to think for yourself or consider alternative perspectives. You're a stupid parrot spreading hate and prejudice instead of spreading support and understanding of the simplest issues at hand. Screw you and your stupid posts about racism in the US. Stop causing trouble for people (regardless of color) with your hateful and stupid posts. Instead of focusing your efforts on instigating a political movement in support of a criminal, why don't you take a step back and do something worthwhile.
Emtro 
1563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/10/16 , edited 9/10/16
When Hillary spouts trash or commits crimes, her supporters just rally because they support her spouting trash and committing crime. She can truly do no wrong in their eyes as this thread has so well demonstrated.

The funniest part is how they blame Trump supporters and Trump for when she does something bad. It's like they're saying "yea, we're idiots and here's some proof damned it!"
2144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Washington State
Offline
Posted 9/10/16 , edited 9/11/16
Well all of the Trump supporters I know are racist and homophobic. So I see no real need to apologize.
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16

Emtro wrote:

When Hillary spouts trash or commits crimes, her supporters just rally because they support her spouting trash and committing crime. She can truly do no wrong in their eyes as this thread has so well demonstrated.

The funniest part is how they blame Trump supporters and Trump for when she does something bad. It's like they're saying "yea, we're idiots and here's some proof damned it!"


7244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Pensacola
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
stopping illegal immigration is not racist
Temporarily blocking Muslims from immigrated until they can properly be vetted is not bigotry.

Suppose if I call all of you the N word and I apologize. what do you think would happen. The mods will ban me, you all would think I am racist. Did the apology soften the blow? The point is she said it, its her true feelings. it cannot be taken back with an I'm sorry... some of you with significant others can understand this.
9540 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Online
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16

ironh19 wrote:

stopping illegal immigration is not racist
Temporarily blocking Muslims from immigrated until they can properly be vetted is not bigotry.

Suppose if I call all of you the N word and I apologize. what do you think would happen. The mods will ban me, you all would think I am racist. Did the apology soften the blow? The point is she said it, its her true feelings. it cannot be taken back with an I'm sorry... some of you with significant others can understand this.


Actually, you probably would be let off with a warning provided the mods did notice your apology and willingness to delete said posts.


Back on topic, a great deal of his internet savvy millennial supporters tend to fall into this, but then again the internet is full of racist people on both sides.

Strangely, his supporters also tend to be wildly against gays and transgenders, which Trump himself chose not to espouse out of apathy to the issue.
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Ranwolf wrote:

But she was right, why apologise for speaking the truth?


That's rich coming from you, lol
5029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
I think it's important to have the whole quote of her original "baskets" line and her subsequent apology.




You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people, now have 11 million. He tweets and retweets offensive, hateful, mean-spirited rhetoric. Now some of those folks, they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America.

But the other basket, the other basket, and I know because I see friends from all over America here. I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas, as well as you know New York and California. But that other basket of people who are people who feel that government has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they are just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine (sic), feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well.



"Last night I was 'grossly generalistic,' and that's never a good idea. I regret saying 'half' - that was wrong," Clinton said in a statement, the day after comments at a fundraiser in New York.

But "Trump has built his campaign largely on prejudice and paranoia," she said, adding: "I won't stop calling out bigotry and racist rhetoric in this campaign."

In the end, you decide how you feel because no stranger on the internet is going to really make you change your mind.

It may be worth noting there is a Rueters poll http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-race-idUSKCN0ZE2SW that suggests that Trump supporters have a larger amount of racial bias than Clinton's. That being said, the poll is not only partially made from an unthinned primary field (which means that current numbers for trump would tend more to the average compared to his outlier status in primary polling), but also shows that many of Clinton's own supporters also could use a basket.
24962 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Online
Posted 9/11/16
The Democrats have decided that they can win elections by preying on a phobia of phobias, apparently. Their whole campaign revolves around a hatred of the imagined -phobics around every street corner. Surely they can do better than this.
7019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
As any sane person can see, the bigoted liberals have shown there true colors here. Imagine a republican or a conservative making a blanket statement about Hillary supporters. In this thread alone you can see Liberal after liberal saying "Well it's the truth", "Truth hurts." Basically calling all trump supporters racist bigoted homophobes. How ignorant do you have to be to not see that you are behaving exactly like the people that you claim support trump?

Imagine if trump called half of Hillary supporters a basket of insane, America hating, violent, anarchist, atheist, freaks of nature, with no morals or common decency who constantly try to suck dry the welfare tit of Lady Liberty. He would be more accurate than Hillary was, yet he would be run out of the country.

Socialist can't run on ideas so they have to incite hatred and divide the country in order to win elections.
Sorry but your race card lost its punch after Obama has been playing it daily for the past 8 years protecting armed, violent, life long criminals who can't understand and comply with the simple commands, "Stop" and "Drop the gun". More black people kill each other on the streets every weekend than the KKK, slave owners and cops could combined. That kind of information does not fit in a tweet so the average liberal has no clue. Even if it did fit in a tweet it would be censored and deleted.

As for Trump, you could stick a wooden mannequin in his place and I'd still vote for it over the lying, stealing, rapist enabling, murdering Killary.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.