First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Boycott NFL?
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
You sing your national anthem every match?

@Seahawks as a vet I will never watch a game that players sit for the Anthem. #myprotest #boycottNFL @NFL @espn

7553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Hrafna wrote:

You sing your national anthem every match?

@Seahawks as a vet I will never watch a game that players sit for the Anthem. #myprotest #boycottNFL @NFL @espn



We even do it for high school volleyball!
29840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

animegirl2222 wrote:

not that i watch football in the first place
booooring


^
19339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

VZ68 wrote:


goodman528 wrote:


VZ68 wrote:

What odds you giving?


+1000


Those aren't odds.


Of course it is, you never bet on a moneyline before?
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
I didn't boycott it when people were calling for Ray Rice's head and how NFL treats domestic abusers and I'm not gonna boycott it now because some idiot doesn't want to do the Pledge.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Hrafna wrote:

You sing your national anthem every match?

@Seahawks as a vet I will never watch a game that players sit for the Anthem. #myprotest #boycottNFL @NFL @espn



Pretty much. Even in high school, they do.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

HuastecoOtaku wrote:

Kaepernick has the right to do what he is doing.

While some people think that dissent is unpatriotic, I would argue that dissent is the highest form of patriotism. In fact, if patriotism means being true to the principles for which your country is supposed to stand, then certainly the right to dissent is one of those principles. And if we’re exercising that right to dissent, it’s a patriotic act.

- Howard Zinn


I don't approve of it personally, but it's his choice. And everyone else's.
1150 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
Virtue signaling.
runec 
28282 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16

animeMii20 wrote:
[FUCK HIM] do what you wanna do. donate to help people. just DON'T disrespect the flag.


The flag itself is a the symbol of your right to disrespect the flag.

Saying you can't disrespect the flag can thus, in a way, be said to be disrespecting the flag.





Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Earth
Offline
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
If you hate the country that much, gtfo. If not, pretty soon you may be asked to leave not so gently.
Posted 9/11/16 , edited 9/11/16
Whenever that shit plays on TV, do you guys like stand up in your living room and sing out loud even when nobody is watching? Surely, that would make you a true patriot, since then, and only then would it not only be about proving how patriotic you are to others, right? I mean, if you don't do it, then you're obviously a traitor who hates yourself and your country. 'Tis only logical.

Hope you don't keep the sports channel on. #icantbreathe----becauseivebeensingingfor7daysstraighttothisfuckingnationalanthemthattheywontstopplayingdamnit
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/11/16

Hrafna wrote:

Whenever that shit plays on TV, do you guys like stand up in your living room and sing out loud even when nobody is watching? Surely, that would make you a true patriot, since then, and only then would it not only be about proving how patriotic you are to others, right? I mean, if you don't do it, then you're obviously a traitor who hates yourself and your country. 'Tis only logical.

Hope you don't keep the sports channel on. #icantbreathe----becauseivebeensingingfor7daysstraighttothisfuckingnationalanthemthattheywontstopplayingdamnit


I don't. That's taking patriotism a little over the top there

My roommate does sometimes but I just side-eye her.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 9/11/16
LOL those who boycott is just helping the flag protesters even more by drawing attention to the issue the protest is about!

SO GO AHEAD AND BOYCOTT, PLEASE
Sogno- 
45724 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/11/16
NFL is lame anyways
Posted 9/11/16

Nogara-san wrote:


Hrafna wrote:

Whenever that shit plays on TV, do you guys like stand up in your living room and sing out loud even when nobody is watching? Surely, that would make you a true patriot, since then, and only then would it not only be about proving how patriotic you are to others, right? I mean, if you don't do it, then you're obviously a traitor who hates yourself and your country. 'Tis only logical.

Hope you don't keep the sports channel on. #icantbreathe----becauseivebeensingingfor7daysstraighttothisfuckingnationalanthemthattheywontstopplayingdamnit


I don't. That's taking patriotism a little over the top there

My roommate does sometimes but I just side-eye her.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwpuJoIvMyA
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.