First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Do you believe people change?
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/13/16 , edited 9/13/16

TrickedMJ wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:


I disagree, I've seen some pretty big changes, I've gone through some myself tbh. I believe if we do go through some huge changes we'll still have the urge to go back to how we were, but we don't have to. A lot of people do and will lie/pretend to be someone else though, but you can usually see through those people.


The brother of my late adoptive father is a sculptor , he prefers working with Jade. And I once asked how he knows what to turn your average nondescript block of material into when I was a kid. After all to my eyes a 7 by 7 block of of Jade looks the same as any other 7 by 7 block of Jade. He said that the piece was in the core of the block that all you had to do was remove the dust off it as it were.

People I believe are the same , some of us are simply larger blocks and thus more of us has to be removed before what we are comes to the surface. That isn't change, that is simply refinement. Removing the excess off a block of Jade does not change the piece locked within.


But what if for some reason we decide Jade isn't the right material so we change into something else completely? Not removing excess Jade, but that Jade itself isn't right? I'm not sure if I'm explaining it properly but I do hope you can see what I mean.

I can however see what you're saying, but I feel as if it only applies to most people, not everyone but definitely a lot of them.


I will concede you have a valid point , it's not one I agree with but valid nonetheless. Though I suppose either way it is in the end subjective, how do we tell change apart from simple refinement after all?
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 9/13/16
Yes, people do. However, the older you get the more set in your ways you get.
7878 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 9/13/16
Every 7 years, a person changes. You are no longer yourself as you were 7 years ago.
10181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / The state of Wash...
Online
Posted 9/13/16
i think people change. i think more people change for the worst, and fewer people change for the better. that is the trend i notice. i think that is because it is true human nature to be bad, mean and evil. to be good and honest and kind is not apart of human nature.
Posted 9/13/16
Dissociative identity disorder DiD.
https://youtu.be/-fWTBh4fyUM
811 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere on earth
Offline
Posted 9/13/16
I'd like to believe people can change for the better
17122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / hell's grave
Offline
Posted 9/13/16

Subaru_Natsuki wrote:

Yes. My ex girlfriend changed into a completely different person and dumped me after 9 years relationship.



You deserve a medal. For going thru that
17122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / hell's grave
Offline
Posted 9/13/16

nukadude wrote:

In humble opinion, (this is just my opinion mind you) I believe that No One can truly change. You can only improve.

The definition of change is to make different or to choose something different. I feel that doesn't apply to humans- we can't change how we feel or think those qualities are hardwired inside of us.

Now improve is much different- to make better, achieve or produce something better, to advance. I feel that through my life I may not be a saint but I am surely not a devil either. I can't change who I am inside that is how I am hardwired inside. I can however, improve on what qualities I deem proper for my frame of thinking.


^
Sailor Candy Moderator
200584 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 22 days ago
OP Nuked.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.