Post Reply Clarification on the Funimation partnership
53525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Are we getting all of their subbed shows like Netoge or is it just a few titles
43672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16

ShinAmaterasu wrote:

Are we getting all of their subbed shows like Netoge or is it just a few titles


There are bound to be licensing exceptions, their announcement has the word "many", it doesn't say "all":


Starting today and over the next few weeks, we will be moving subtitled versions for many of our shows over to Crunchyroll. This process will happen in stages, and we will post updates to our Blog with new changes.
53525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

asharka wrote:


ShinAmaterasu wrote:

Are we getting all of their subbed shows like Netoge or is it just a few titles


There are bound to be licensing exceptions, their announcement has the word "many", it doesn't say "all":


Starting today and over the next few weeks, we will be moving subtitled versions for many of our shows over to Crunchyroll. This process will happen in stages, and we will post updates to our Blog with new changes.


Ok thanks
The Wise Wizard
100969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

ShinAmaterasu wrote:

Ok thanks

They even make note there will be exceptions, in another part of their FAQ (emphasis added):

Subtitled content for titles affected by this agreement will be removed from FunimationNow in phases, with the transition expected to be completed by the end of 2016. We will keep you up to date with these changes on our Blog. Subtitled content for a small selection of titles will remain on FunimationNow based on previous licensor agreements.


53525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


ShinAmaterasu wrote:

Ok thanks

They even make note there will be exceptions, in another part of their FAQ (emphasis added):

Subtitled content for titles affected by this agreement will be removed from FunimationNow in phases, with the transition expected to be completed by the end of 2016. We will keep you up to date with these changes on our Blog. Subtitled content for a small selection of titles will remain on FunimationNow based on previous licensor agreements.




Very very nice, thank you
You must be logged in to post.