First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply What were the most ridiculous fads and trends you can remember?
7027 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Oregon
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Jelly shoes....crocs.
3515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

gornotck wrote:



That the pants, the fanny pack, the child?


the dumbass pants homie





10568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

stealyourface wrote:

the dumbass pants homie







Ah, okay. They did go a bit far, I guess, but they were more or less great pants until a bicycle or something eats them.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!
6947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 9/15/16

beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:

Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!


Dear god. I forgot about the glitter spray and Baby and Scary Spice hair style.
10568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Hate to break it to you, but body glitter is still a thing.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

gornotck wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but body glitter is still a thing.


This I am well aware of. However, so are leggings which people have mentioned and the post didn't specify the duration of said trends. ;)
Its merely a dislike that even as a female makes zero sense to me.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:

Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!


Dear god. I forgot about the glitter spray and Baby and Scary Spice hair style.



I know.. as I was thinking back remembering how it was all the rage I am pretty certain I facepalmed myself.

P.S. - Big Fudge? Fan of HIMYM? If so, you get cool points in my book!

6947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 9/15/16

beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:


paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:

Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!


Dear god. I forgot about the glitter spray and Baby and Scary Spice hair style.



I know.. as I was thinking back remembering how it was all the rage I am pretty certain I facepalmed myself.

P.S. - Big Fudge? Fan of HIMYM? If so, you get cool points in my book!



Yep. Fan.
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:


paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:

Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!


Dear god. I forgot about the glitter spray and Baby and Scary Spice hair style.



I know.. as I was thinking back remembering how it was all the rage I am pretty certain I facepalmed myself.

P.S. - Big Fudge? Fan of HIMYM? If so, you get cool points in my book!



Yep. Fan.


Cool points. I always love when he says "Lawyered!"
10568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Anyway. What other 'trends' impinged upon my awareness...
Moon shoes, shoes with lights in them, overblown criminal justice cases, big hair, padded shoulders on women's suits, that glowworm toy, the increase in attacks on language and the home culture, Tamogatchi...
6947 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 9/15/16

beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:


paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:


paul25454 wrote:


beautyinthebreakdown1988 wrote:

Here are a few that people haven't mentioned yet: Platforms, Chokers and doing your hair like Baby and Scary Spice. Oh - glitter spray. I am revealing my age here... 90's kid!


Dear god. I forgot about the glitter spray and Baby and Scary Spice hair style.



I know.. as I was thinking back remembering how it was all the rage I am pretty certain I facepalmed myself.

P.S. - Big Fudge? Fan of HIMYM? If so, you get cool points in my book!



Yep. Fan.


Cool points. I always love when he says "Lawyered!"


Same here
709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 9/15/16


I loved JNCO jeans; they were nice and baggy and comfy. I had ones with dragons embroidered down the legs. XD

Pokemon ANYTHING. When I was in elementary school, it was like everyone was collecting the cards, but no one actually played the TCG. Also: Beanie Babies, Crocs, shorts sagging beyond the upper crack of your ass, unlaced DC sneakers, Walkman CD players, micro CDs, Call of Duty, oversized T-shirts (the really long ones that look like something between a shirt and dress,) roller shoes, Ugg, and the phrases "Netflix and chill," "turn't up," "thirsty," etc.
4980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16
The Uggs fad in my school seemed to last years. Every non-uniform day there was just a sea of uggs

Nek nominations

Strawpedos, haven't seen much mention of them this year

Also in Ireland at leadt there was a year where everyone wore trousures with loads of straps and cords hanging off everywhere that would trail on the ground. They called them parachute pants, but they looked nothing like the parachute pants most people would think of.

And plastic bracelets, usually for a charity but also ones from shops that had nothing to do with charity appeared eventually

And dubarrys shoes for girls
Posted 9/15/16
Wearing leggings as pants. I hate this fad and hope it will go away, but unfortunately it will not.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.