First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply So who wants to help Dante out with relationship trouble
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16
^ Listen to her. She's putting it in a great way that I kinda wish I knew over a year ago. It is difficult to let go, but it's probably for the best in your situation. Lacking maturity doesn't have to have a negative connotation, especially if it's only due to insecurity.

Your best bet at this point is to let go and let time take care of the rest. Sounds simple, but I know it's not. You just have to do it. Take up a hobby that isn't toxic or has a direct relation to her. The prove of her kissing another guy confirms the indecisiveness and to prevent further self confusion or self inflicted pain, literally take the break and go your separate paths. Who knows. Perhaps later down the road the paths may intersect again. Don't hold onto that, though. The most important aspect is for you to live your life and her her own. If she encounters pain and suffrage, it could be exactly what is needed to return to security.

Edit: I got new paged. yay
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic
4780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 9/15/16

Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16
Due to personal experiences my suggestion is break her off completey. I personally having to deal with a similar situation would say it won't work out. You keep being the nice person saying she understands and giving her second chances but the more you almost baby this situation the more you set up to being used. :/ being one who's used a guy before like the farthest you can use a guy. No I'm not proud by all means but I can say that's all youre doing is leaving room for you to be used easily. I suggest cut it off completely and tell her why. And that's that. There's plenty of women out there thatd love to date you ^^ don't stick in love with some girl that thinks its too much to be with you. (I'm why this paragraph turned out so bad. Autocorrect most likely I tried fixing it all)
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is
4780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 9/15/16

Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is


"...say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then... [Continues run on sentence]"

Why the hell should I have to read overly long explanations of supposedly simple matters when the only one telling me to do so probably isn't even reading what she's writing?

And notice how I said "you probably don't have a very good chance of fixing it."? Yeah, you see that word there: "probably"? I never said that my statement was an undisputable absolute, it was an educated guess based off of typical trends in writing. And judging by my skimming of the other replies to this thread, the general consensus seems to be that OP could not easily (or shouldn't even try) to fix the problem in question. So it looks to me like my guess (which, again, I always made clear was a guess, stop acting like I didn't) wasn't very far off at all. So yeah, I don't think my logic is all that bad when the majority of people seem to agree with me.
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/15/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is


"...say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then... [Continues run on sentence]"

Why the hell should I have to read overly long explanations of supposedly simple matters when the only one telling me to do so probably isn't even reading what she's writing?

And notice how I said "you probably don't have a very good chance of fixing it."? Yeah, you see that word there: "probably"? I never said that my statement was an undisputable absolute, it was an educated guess based off of typical trends in writing. And judging by my skimming of the other replies to this thread, the general consensus seems to be that OP could not easily (or shouldn't even try) to fix the problem in question. So it looks to me like my guess (which, again, I always made clear was a guess, stop acting like I didn't) wasn't very far off at all. So yeah, I don't think my logic is all that bad when the majority of people seem to agree with me.


You wouldn't think your own logic is horrible. Because its yours and thanks for pointing out the word probably. I totally didn't read that. And its called auto correct and oh there's this thing where I can edit which I did 20 seconds after posting sorry I had to bring that update to you personally so. In a situation in which you will need to know details in order to actually understand and be able to effectively respond other than," I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it" oh but wait. That logic isn't horrible at all because its your own my bad forgot. ^_^
5652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Charleston, South...
Offline
Posted 9/15/16
Honestly, it seems like she just doesn't want to be with you anymore. She loves being your friend, and she cherishes all the memories, and doesn't want them to just end. But she doesn't want to be with you on such an inclined level, and the fact that she cares about you and doesn't want to hurt you is keeping her from being fully honest about it. Bottom line, It's harder said that done, but just distance yourself and give it time.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is


"...say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then... [Continues run on sentence]"

Why the hell should I have to read overly long explanations of supposedly simple matters when the only one telling me to do so probably isn't even reading what she's writing?

And notice how I said "you probably don't have a very good chance of fixing it."? Yeah, you see that word there: "probably"? I never said that my statement was an undisputable absolute, it was an educated guess based off of typical trends in writing. And judging by my skimming of the other replies to this thread, the general consensus seems to be that OP could not easily (or shouldn't even try) to fix the problem in question. So it looks to me like my guess (which, again, I always made clear was a guess, stop acting like I didn't) wasn't very far off at all. So yeah, I don't think my logic is all that bad when the majority of people seem to agree with me.


You wouldn't think your own logic is horrible. Because its yours and thanks for pointing out the word probably. I totally didn't read that. And its called auto correct and oh there's this thing where I can edit which I did 20 seconds after posting sorry I had to bring that update to you personally so. In a situation in which you will need to know details in order to actually understand and be able to effectively respond other than," I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it" oh but wait. That logic isn't horrible at all because its your own my bad forgot. ^_^


octorockandroll Is pretty efficient. He does what lots of business leaders do. You skim through the extra fluff, because the keywords and phrases have already caught your eye. You don't have to read word-for-word to distinguish the problem, and if there are others participating in the discussion, it's also efficient to skim through their input and quickly come to a conclusion. It took me about 10-15 seconds to skim through OP's paragraphs to realize he was blatantly being abused. Step away from emotion and empathy and skim; there's no need to spend hours to analyze every little detail when the overall picture has already been summed up.
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

1stladyent wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is


"...say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then... [Continues run on sentence]"

Why the hell should I have to read overly long explanations of supposedly simple matters when the only one telling me to do so probably isn't even reading what she's writing?

And notice how I said "you probably don't have a very good chance of fixing it."? Yeah, you see that word there: "probably"? I never said that my statement was an undisputable absolute, it was an educated guess based off of typical trends in writing. And judging by my skimming of the other replies to this thread, the general consensus seems to be that OP could not easily (or shouldn't even try) to fix the problem in question. So it looks to me like my guess (which, again, I always made clear was a guess, stop acting like I didn't) wasn't very far off at all. So yeah, I don't think my logic is all that bad when the majority of people seem to agree with me.


You wouldn't think your own logic is horrible. Because its yours and thanks for pointing out the word probably. I totally didn't read that. And its called auto correct and oh there's this thing where I can edit which I did 20 seconds after posting sorry I had to bring that update to you personally so. In a situation in which you will need to know details in order to actually understand and be able to effectively respond other than," I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it" oh but wait. That logic isn't horrible at all because its your own my bad forgot. ^_^


octorockandroll Is pretty efficient. He does what lots of business leaders do. You skim through the extra fluff, because the keywords and phrases have already caught your eye. You don't have to read word-for-word to distinguish the problem, and if there are others participating in the discussion, it's also efficient to skim through their input and quickly come to a conclusion. It took me about 10-15 seconds to skim through OP's paragraphs to realize he was blatantly being abused. Step away from emotion and empathy and skim; there's no need to spend hours to analyze every little detail when the overall picture has already been summed up.


How sad this is why I don't bother posting stuff like this in the forums. Nobody reads something more than 5 words. They skim then guess what? Shocker they get something wrong. Being someone who's been in several debates/ Congress/ legitimate problems. Listening to every word is key to understanding the whole. Hearing key points won't help you if you can't add in all the additional info needed to get to those points. Just saying ^^
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

Blackbutler3000 wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

octorockandroll Is pretty efficient. He does what lots of business leaders do. You skim through the extra fluff, because the keywords and phrases have already caught your eye. You don't have to read word-for-word to distinguish the problem, and if there are others participating in the discussion, it's also efficient to skim through their input and quickly come to a conclusion. It took me about 10-15 seconds to skim through OP's paragraphs to realize he was blatantly being abused. Step away from emotion and empathy and skim; there's no need to spend hours to analyze every little detail when the overall picture has already been summed up.


How sad this is why I don't bother posting stuff like this in the forums. Nobody reads something more than 5 words. They skim then guess what? Shocker they get something wrong. Being someone who's been in several debates/ Congress/ legitimate problems. Listening to every word is key to understanding the whole. Hearing key points won't help you if you can't add in all the additional info needed to get to those points. Just saying ^^


You did mention that you didn't take note of his "probably" did you not? That kind of means you didn't fully read into his response. You don't need to hang on to every single little word. If you have enough experience and training, you'll understand that it's a waste of time to keep going over minor details that don't matter, when it doesn't help or justify the issue at hand. Hearing key points helps you understand what the use of the additional info is about. Especially in the case of the OP, it is not necessary to read every single word. He was asking for advice, not a debate, nor a trial in court.
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/15/16

1stladyent wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

octorockandroll Is pretty efficient. He does what lots of business leaders do. You skim through the extra fluff, because the keywords and phrases have already caught your eye. You don't have to read word-for-word to distinguish the problem, and if there are others participating in the discussion, it's also efficient to skim through their input and quickly come to a conclusion. It took me about 10-15 seconds to skim through OP's paragraphs to realize he was blatantly being abused. Step away from emotion and empathy and skim; there's no need to spend hours to analyze every little detail when the overall picture has already been summed up.


How sad this is why I don't bother posting stuff like this in the forums. Nobody reads something more than 5 words. They skim then guess what? Shocker they get something wrong. Being someone who's been in several debates/ Congress/ legitimate problems. Listening to every word is key to understanding the whole. Hearing key points won't help you if you can't add in all the additional info needed to get to those points. Just saying ^^


You did mention that you didn't take note of his "probably" did you not? That kind of means you didn't fully read into his response. You don't need to hang on to every single little word. If you have enough experience and training, you'll understand that it's a waste of time to keep going over minor details that don't matter, when it doesn't help or justify the issue at hand. Hearing key points helps you understand what the use of the additional info is about. Especially in the case of the OP, it is not necessary to read every single word. He was asking for advice, not a debate, nor a trial in court.


Its called sarcasm sweetie. ^_^ so yea. And its not a waste of time seeing how those tiny details that fill in the gaps that you seem to over look has helped me through several debates. School. Etc. I'm not saying his situation is relatable in a trial I'm saying you over looking ideas in any situation via the one I mentioned and this one is essential. So no I don't think that overlooking those ideas is helpful at all. You can't say that it helps understand additional info if you don't even look at the additional info.
4780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 9/15/16 , edited 9/16/16

Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Blackbutler3000 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it.


Omfg such horrible logic


How is that horrible logic? Simple problems can be solved more simply, complicated ones are harder, sometimes even impossible. That is actually extremely basic logic.


If you can't read paragraphs and say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then yes it is horrible logic the problem he's having is quite simple actually despite how complicated it MAY seem. Judging something based off of how big it is is horrible logic sorry to say. Try reading it next time and you'll see how simple it really is


"...say its complicated based off of spelt how many words you see then... [Continues run on sentence]"

Why the hell should I have to read overly long explanations of supposedly simple matters when the only one telling me to do so probably isn't even reading what she's writing?

And notice how I said "you probably don't have a very good chance of fixing it."? Yeah, you see that word there: "probably"? I never said that my statement was an undisputable absolute, it was an educated guess based off of typical trends in writing. And judging by my skimming of the other replies to this thread, the general consensus seems to be that OP could not easily (or shouldn't even try) to fix the problem in question. So it looks to me like my guess (which, again, I always made clear was a guess, stop acting like I didn't) wasn't very far off at all. So yeah, I don't think my logic is all that bad when the majority of people seem to agree with me.


You wouldn't think your own logic is horrible. Because its yours and thanks for pointing out the word probably. I totally didn't read that. And its called auto correct and oh there's this thing where I can edit which I did 20 seconds after posting sorry I had to bring that update to you personally so. In a situation in which you will need to know details in order to actually understand and be able to effectively respond other than," I havent read this whole post but I think if you need to spend so many paragraphs to explain the problem, you probably dont have a very good chance of fixing it" oh but wait. That logic isn't horrible at all because its your own my bad forgot. ^_^


LMAO! I just love how you blame autocorrect for your shit writing. Did autocorrect take away and add periods at seemingly random points too? And did the autocorrect also erase your apostrophes? And all the other shit? Please tell me what autocorrect changed into "...and oh I'm there's this thing..." I'm really curious so be sure to let me know, I want to try it with my own autocorrect.

And of course the only reason I would find my logic sensible was because it's my own. Definitely not those other reasons I mentioned. And you're welcome for me pointing out the whole probably thing by the way. At first I thought you were being sarcastic about not seeing it, but then again if you did I don't see why you would have acted like I was making an absolute statement.

And I would just like to point out that I also said that what I was saying applied if (and only if, might I add) OP needed that great wall of text to explain his situation. If what you say is true and the situation is actually very simple, then he would not have needed that much writing. If that is the case then my assumption does not apply to the situation, so the only logical fallacy I see here is you acting like I was holding what I said to be true regardless of the real complexity.

Oh but wait, that logic isn't horrible at all because it's your own. My bad, I forgot. ^_^

(See? I can make idiotic points too)
Posted 9/15/16


You deserve better shes acting like a whore.
4780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 9/15/16

1stladyent wrote:

octorockandroll Is pretty efficient. He does what lots of business leaders do. You skim through the extra fluff, because the keywords and phrases have already caught your eye. You don't have to read word-for-word to distinguish the problem, and if there are others participating in the discussion, it's also efficient to skim through their input and quickly come to a conclusion. It took me about 10-15 seconds to skim through OP's paragraphs to realize he was blatantly being abused. Step away from emotion and empathy and skim; there's no need to spend hours to analyze every little detail when the overall picture has already been summed up.


As a business co-owner, I appreciate that. Thank you.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.