First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Hillary Clinton over charging for donations
11784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 9/16/16

sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

But that is just a small press blurb. I prefer this more detailed explanation that he gave after the pulse attack where he clearly states that the ban would only be temporary.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-addresses-terrorism-immigration-and-national-security


Again, the length of time the ban would last isn't relevant. Nobody is saying the ban would be permanent. However, the fact remains that he repeatedly is calling for a complete and total ban on muslim immigration.

There is no way to argue that Donald Trump does not wish to make major changes to the system of legal immigration, and that is ignoring the fact that he also calls for the ceasing of ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION for a minimum of one to two years. The fact is that Trump's opinions on legal immigration are more radical than anything we've seen in the last 60 years. Theres no two ways about it. Argue about whether or not you think it would work all you want, but don't try to deny that it exists.


I think judging by how he pretends it doesn't exist, as you mentioned, we can get a pretty good idea of how well he thinks it would work.
Posted 9/16/16 , edited 9/16/16

sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

But that is just a small press blurb. I prefer this more detailed explanation that he gave after the pulse attack where he clearly states that the ban would only be temporary.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-addresses-terrorism-immigration-and-national-security


Again, the length of time the ban would last isn't relevant. Nobody is saying the ban would be permanent. However, the fact remains that he repeatedly is calling for a complete and total ban on muslim immigration.

There is no way to argue that Donald Trump does not wish to make major changes to the system of legal immigration, and that is ignoring the fact that he also calls for the ceasing of ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION for a minimum of one to two years. The fact is that Trump's opinions on legal immigration are more radical than anything we've seen in the last 60 years. Theres no two ways about it. Argue about whether or not you think it would work all you want, but don't try to deny that it exists.


Until they can be properly vetted they should not be allowed in. We have anywhere from 4-10 million ILLEGAL immigrants or more in this country most of them we know nothing about. I think it would be good to stop immigration for a while until we can fix the security of our borders and come up with a fair system that allows foreign workers. There is nothing wrong with that. It should have been fixed 20 years ago. Sitting around and ignoring the problem will accomplish nothing.
15236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:
Until they can be properly vetted they should not be allowed in. We have anywhere from 4-10 million ILLEGAL immigrants or more in this country most of them we know nothing about. I think it would be good to stop immigration for a while until we can fix the security of our borders and come up with a fair system that allows foreign workers. There is nothing wrong with that. It should have been fixed 20 years ago. Sitting around and ignoring the problem will accomplish nothing.


We already have a system in place for vetting people.

Further, again, say whatever you want about whether or not you think this is a solution, but the fact remains Donald Trump does plan to severely restrict legal immigration.

End of story.
11784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 9/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

But that is just a small press blurb. I prefer this more detailed explanation that he gave after the pulse attack where he clearly states that the ban would only be temporary.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-addresses-terrorism-immigration-and-national-security


Again, the length of time the ban would last isn't relevant. Nobody is saying the ban would be permanent. However, the fact remains that he repeatedly is calling for a complete and total ban on muslim immigration.

There is no way to argue that Donald Trump does not wish to make major changes to the system of legal immigration, and that is ignoring the fact that he also calls for the ceasing of ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION for a minimum of one to two years. The fact is that Trump's opinions on legal immigration are more radical than anything we've seen in the last 60 years. Theres no two ways about it. Argue about whether or not you think it would work all you want, but don't try to deny that it exists.


Until they can be properly vetted they should not be allowed in. We have anywhere from 4-10 million ILLEGAL immigrants or more in this country most of them we know nothing about. I think it would be good to stop immigration for a while until we can fix the security of our borders and come up with a fair system that allows foreign workers. There is nothing wrong with that. It should have been fixed 20 years ago. Sitting around and ignoring the problem will accomplish nothing.




Xxanthar wrote:

Do you not understand that trump is not trying to stop LEGAL immigration?


Posted 9/16/16 , edited 9/16/16

sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:
Until they can be properly vetted they should not be allowed in. We have anywhere from 4-10 million ILLEGAL immigrants or more in this country most of them we know nothing about. I think it would be good to stop immigration for a while until we can fix the security of our borders and come up with a fair system that allows foreign workers. There is nothing wrong with that. It should have been fixed 20 years ago. Sitting around and ignoring the problem will accomplish nothing.


We already have a system in place for vetting people.

Further, again, say whatever you want about whether or not you think this is a solution, but the fact remains Donald Trump does plan to severely restrict legal immigration
.

End of story.

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, for the past 8 years Obama has been releasing people caught crossing our border illegally into the USA WITHOUT vetting most of them. MANY of them are gang members or criminals fleeing their country of origin? If this does not sound like a bad idea to you, I don't know what will. So I'm done trying to explain this shit to you. Good luck navigating through life. I think you will need it.

End of story.

Posted 9/16/16 , edited 9/16/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

But that is just a small press blurb. I prefer this more detailed explanation that he gave after the pulse attack where he clearly states that the ban would only be temporary.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-addresses-terrorism-immigration-and-national-security


Again, the length of time the ban would last isn't relevant. Nobody is saying the ban would be permanent. However, the fact remains that he repeatedly is calling for a complete and total ban on muslim immigration.

There is no way to argue that Donald Trump does not wish to make major changes to the system of legal immigration, and that is ignoring the fact that he also calls for the ceasing of ALL LEGAL IMMIGRATION for a minimum of one to two years. The fact is that Trump's opinions on legal immigration are more radical than anything we've seen in the last 60 years. Theres no two ways about it. Argue about whether or not you think it would work all you want, but don't try to deny that it exists.


Until they can be properly vetted they should not be allowed in. We have anywhere from 4-10 million ILLEGAL immigrants or more in this country most of them we know nothing about. I think it would be good to stop immigration for a while until we can fix the security of our borders and come up with a fair system that allows foreign workers. There is nothing wrong with that. It should have been fixed 20 years ago. Sitting around and ignoring the problem will accomplish nothing.




Xxanthar wrote:

Do you not understand that trump is not trying to stop LEGAL immigration?




I didn't know his plan included putting a temporary halt to immigrants until they can be checked thoroughly for terror ties. Until I read that link which explained his policy. https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-addresses-terrorism-immigration-and-national-security I fully agree with it as opposed to letting them swarm in like Obama has.
BUILD THAT WALL
15236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/16/16 , edited 9/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, for the past 8 years Obama has been releasing people caught crossing our border illegally into the USA WITHOUT vetting most of them. MANY of them are gang members or criminals fleeing their country of origin? If this does not sound like a bad idea to you, I don't know what will. So I'm done trying to explain this shit to you. Good luck navigating through life. I think you will need it.

End of story.



You are talking about illegal immigration. I am talking about legal immigration. When did you completely and totally change topic, sir?

EDIT: And in response to your above post, this isn't all relating to muslims. Trump proposes a freeze on all immigration for economic purposes, however many believe that such a freeze would have severe negative repercussions:

"A smaller workforce would particularly slow the economy’s future expansion. As the Baby Boomers retire, it would also intensify financial pressure on Social Security and Medicare by diminishing the number of working-age adults paying taxes to support each retiree. Reducing legal immigration would mostly reduce “the younger part of the population,” said the Brookings Institution demographer William Frey. “And if you take that out you are making the population older, the elderly dependence ratio higher, and reducing the labor force’s productivity.”"

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/trumps-proposal-for-legal-immigration/499061/
11784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 9/16/16

sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, for the past 8 years Obama has been releasing people caught crossing our border illegally into the USA WITHOUT vetting most of them. MANY of them are gang members or criminals fleeing their country of origin? If this does not sound like a bad idea to you, I don't know what will. So I'm done trying to explain this shit to you. Good luck navigating through life. I think you will need it.

End of story.



You are talking about illegal immigration. I am talking about legal immigration. When did you completely and totally change topic, sir?


After he learned from Wonder Woman

Posted 9/16/16

sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, for the past 8 years Obama has been releasing people caught crossing our border illegally into the USA WITHOUT vetting most of them. MANY of them are gang members or criminals fleeing their country of origin? If this does not sound like a bad idea to you, I don't know what will. So I'm done trying to explain this shit to you. Good luck navigating through life. I think you will need it.

End of story.



You are talking about illegal immigration. I am talking about legal immigration. When did you completely and totally change topic, sir?


It doesn't matter. After reading trump's address, I'm now in favor of halting ALL immigration until we get the problem fixed. If they want to come to America so bad they can wait until we get the system working.
15236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 9/16/16

Xxanthar wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, for the past 8 years Obama has been releasing people caught crossing our border illegally into the USA WITHOUT vetting most of them. MANY of them are gang members or criminals fleeing their country of origin? If this does not sound like a bad idea to you, I don't know what will. So I'm done trying to explain this shit to you. Good luck navigating through life. I think you will need it.

End of story.



You are talking about illegal immigration. I am talking about legal immigration. When did you completely and totally change topic, sir?


It doesn't matter. After reading trump's address, I'm now in favor of halting ALL immigration until we get the problem fixed. If they want to come to America so bad they can wait until we get the system working.


Well good for you. However, like most bits of his policy, while I agree there needs to be some reform, the way Trump is going about things is far too radical. Directly and suddenly cutting off all immigration will raise our population age (as immigrants tend to be young/working age) which will likely slow our economic growth, reduce labor force productivity and put a lot of stress on our Social Security and Medicare systems. There are plenty of articles discussing in further depth why Immigration is good for the economy.

Here is one of those articles: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2014/12/02/How-Immigrants-Boost-US-Economic-Growth

Again, I agree that something needs to change, but I don't think Trump's "solution" will help.
2518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 9/16/16
How dare she not be as honest as Trump who....uhm......has.....uhm......doesn't he sale snake oil or something? Hypocrites. At least have the balls to admit that your "boy" sucks too.

If you're supporting a third party candidate and NOT Trump then this does NOT apply to you.
62377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Online
Posted 9/16/16

runec wrote:

As for this story, do we have a source for it where half the article isn't a strangely talkative anonymous sources, a random blog post from DailyKos and a misrepresented NYT article? >.>


Looks like someone's working on a snopes page for it.
http://www.snopes.com/clinton-campaign-overcharging-donors/

As of yet, there doesn't seem to be much evidence backing the claim that this problem is deliberate or widespread.
Posted 9/16/16
I recommend that anyone interested in trump's policies or ideas should go to that website listed a few posts up. https://www.donaldjtrump.com Maybe donate a little money, like I did, if you agree.
runec 
36307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/16/16 , edited 9/16/16

staphen wrote:
As of yet, there doesn't seem to be much evidence backing the claim that this problem is deliberate or widespread.


Colour me shocked.



Xxanthar wrote:
I recommend that anyone interested in trump's policies or ideas should go to that website listed a few posts up. https://www.donaldjtrump.com Maybe donate a little money, like I did, if you agree.


A fool and his money....
Posted 9/16/16
Donating to that lunatic is like giving to the devil who continues to lie and flip flop.
Donations in general to the Clintons in any form is just ridiculous.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.