First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Fall 2016 Simulcasts
2033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/16 , edited 9/24/16

Kuroyanagi wrote:


supaikuakuma wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


supaikuakuma wrote:

While it may be the official excuse that Crunchyroll refuse to mention for some reason I don't buy it at all.

So why doesn't Funimation have One Piece for the UK, either, despite the fact they started streaming there earlier this year, and it is one of their flagship titles?

Is any other service in the UK streaming these Toei titles?


Perhaps you "don't buy it", because human nature is to blame the most convenient target. That's why people cuss out a low paid clerk with no authority if they don't like a corporate store's policies, instead of remaining calm and coming home and writing a letter to the corporate HQ.




The UK is only just getting any form of Digimon on DVD and we have nothing at all for any form of Sailor Moon. It is a pure F you to the UK pure and simple and Crunchyroll refusing to to give us any communication as to why is bad customer service and for the record we do have Xros wars streaming over here so Toe will stream but they are just refusing to at the moment.

Most countries in Europe have it but they are being unfair to a few of us for no reason.


Do you really not get how ridiculous it is to imply that Crunchyroll is going out of its way to avoid the UK? If they could get the license to those titles in the UK they would.


Amazon did have Digimon Adventure through Data Squad for streaming till recently in the UK and most likely the rest of Europe so Toei will stream in Europe just so we can completely debunk that excuse.

Toei and Crunchyroll are giving a big **** you to certain countries in Europe with their refusal to sort it out and their refusal to give us any explanation, communication or customer service about it.

30737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / United Kingdom.
Offline
Posted 9/24/16

supaikuakuma wrote:


Kuroyanagi wrote:


supaikuakuma wrote:


TheAncientOne wrote:


supaikuakuma wrote:

While it may be the official excuse that Crunchyroll refuse to mention for some reason I don't buy it at all.

So why doesn't Funimation have One Piece for the UK, either, despite the fact they started streaming there earlier this year, and it is one of their flagship titles?

Is any other service in the UK streaming these Toei titles?


Perhaps you "don't buy it", because human nature is to blame the most convenient target. That's why people cuss out a low paid clerk with no authority if they don't like a corporate store's policies, instead of remaining calm and coming home and writing a letter to the corporate HQ.




The UK is only just getting any form of Digimon on DVD and we have nothing at all for any form of Sailor Moon. It is a pure F you to the UK pure and simple and Crunchyroll refusing to to give us any communication as to why is bad customer service and for the record we do have Xros wars streaming over here so Toe will stream but they are just refusing to at the moment.

Most countries in Europe have it but they are being unfair to a few of us for no reason.


Do you really not get how ridiculous it is to imply that Crunchyroll is going out of its way to avoid the UK? If they could get the license to those titles in the UK they would.


Amazon did have Digimon Adventure through Data Squad for streaming till recently in the UK and most likely the rest of Europe so Toei will stream in Europe just so we can completely debunk that excuse.

Toei and Crunchyroll are giving a big **** you to certain countries in Europe with their refusal to sort it out and their refusal to give us any explanation, communication or customer service about it.




This is true Digimon Xross Wars is available on Crunchyroll for the UK and Digimon Fusion is currently on Netflix in the UK. I think Crunchyroll should be more open with the problems they're having with this one it might just be Toei Europe expect to much money which i could respect if they just told me that was the problem.
The Wise Wizard
100963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/24/16 , edited 9/28/16

supaikuakuma wrote:

Toei and Crunchyroll are giving a big **** you to certain countries in Europe with their refusal to sort it out and their refusal to give us any explanation, communication or customer service about it.


manic221 wrote:

I think Crunchyroll should be more open with the problems they're having with this one it might just be Toei Europe expect to much money which i could respect if they just told me that was the problem.

I'm guessing neither of you has run a business where you have to depend on suppliers (which are what publishers are to CR). Airing your "dirty laundry" (the reasons you were unable to get a license deal) is a good way to make them ex-suppliers, or at least more hesitant about doing business with you.

It also isn't as if CR being explicit about why they didn't get a license is going would change the fact they did not. For the most part, it would just give people something different to complain about (i.e., "You should have paid more, even if it meant risking losing a little money on that one title").

17287 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / In the corner wat...
Online
Posted 9/24/16 , edited 9/26/16
Just curious here, when is the calendar going to switch to the fall season? I've only recently started keeping an eye on the calendar and since they're already adding the Fall Line up to the site, I was curious as to when the calendar itself will be switching from the Summer Line up to Falls. =)
2033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/24/16

TheAncientOne wrote:


supaikuakuma wrote:

Toei and Crunchyroll are giving a big **** you to certain countries in Europe with their refusal to sort it out and their refusal to give us any explanation, communication or customer service about it.


manic221 wrote:

I think Crunchyroll should be more open with the problems they're having with this one it might just be Toei Europe expect to much money which i could respect if they just told me that was the problem.

I'm guessing neither of you has run a business where you have to depend on suppliers (which are what publishers are to CR). Airing your "dirty laundry" (the reasons you were unable to get a license deal) is a good way to make them ex-suppliers, or at least more hesitant about doing business with you.

It also isn't as if CR being explicit about why they didn't get a license is going would change the fact they did not. For the most part, it would just give people something different to complain about (i.e., "You should have paid more, even if it meant risking losing a little money on that one title").




All we want is some form of communication not just complete silence which is bad customer service if they can't give us a reason why then an at least ''we're very sorry but we are unable to licence it for certain territories''.

And the fact that it's in some part of Europe but not others is what;s most infuriating about this whole thing along with the UK getting nothing even DVD wise for Digimon at all till next month it just seems like an F you from Toei.
17113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United Kingdom
Offline
Posted 9/25/16 , edited 9/25/16
The main issue with the whole Digimon/One Piece/Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball/Fist of the North Star etc. is simply because of Toei Europe. I remember Manga UK going through a lot just to get the home video rights to Dragon Ball and One Piece simply because Toei Europe want those shows to be on TV (which there is zero point because the UK (and perhaps various countries in Europe) have gone past anime to the point where the viewing figures would be too low and it's all about streaming now).

There is however another possibility that, for the UK & Ireland folks here, that Manga UK may have streaming rights but are not bothering to put them up on services like Crunchyroll (a perfect example is with Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto, which was rumoured that CR only offered $150 per episode to Manga UK). Digimon Adventure Tri is getting a UK release but only via home video. The others in Europe I don't know however.

For those wondering, yes despite Funimation launching here in the UK, we don't have Dragon Ball nor One Piece nor Toriko. Because Funimation only have the US & Canada rights thanks to Toei America.
Is-9 
14286 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Denmark
Offline
Posted 9/25/16 , edited 9/28/16
On the Toei Europe issue - looking back at the license announcement for Digimon tri, the territories were originally (on November 19th last year) announced as United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America (in other words, Toei America's regions). The wider territories weren't announced before more than a month had passed (on December 23rd 2015, to be precise), conspicuously looking like Toei Europe's regions minus the English-, German- and French-speaking areas, i.e. the only regions large enough to support a local disc market and anime on TV.

To me, at least, that looks strongly like Crunchyroll initially only getting a deal with the more cooperative Toei America, fighting tooth and nail with Toei Europe for a month, and finally reaching an agreement that leaves out the three most lucrative territories for disc sales/TV exposure in return for streaming rights everywhere else. That's not Crunchyroll deliberately screwing over the UK (or France or Germany), that's them going above and beyond with an uncooperative licensor who would otherwise have blocked the show off from the entire region. The One Piece and Dragonball situation indicates the alternative - afaik those shows aren't streaming in the English/French/German areas NOR anywhere else.

It sucks for the major language areas, but all evidence points to Toei Europe being to blame here, not Crunchyroll.

(And if brits think they are always worse off than continental Europe, take a look at the regions on Aniplex shows.)
18226 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / WWW.PIXELGEEK.COM.BR
Offline
Posted 9/25/16
These are the only ones announced so far?
419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 9/25/16

Is-9 wrote:

On the Toei Europe issue - looking back at the license announcement for Digimon tri, the territories were originally (on November 19th last year) announced as United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Latin America (in other words, Toei America's regions). The wider territories weren't announced before more than a month had passed (on December 23rd 2015, to be precise), conspicuously looking like Toei Europe's regions minus the English-, German- and French-speaking areas, i.e. the only regions large enough to support a local disc market and anime on TV.

To me, at least, that looks strongly like Crunchyroll initially only getting a deal with the more cooperative Toei America, fighting tooth and nail with Toei Europe for a month, and finally reaching an agreement that leaves out the three most lucrative territories for disc sales/TV exposure in return for streaming rights everywhere else. That's not Crunchyroll deliberately screwing over the UK (or France or Germany), that's them going above and beyond with an uncooperative licensor who would otherwise have blocked the show off from the entire region. The One Piece and Dragonball situation indicates the alternative - afaik those shows aren't streaming in the English/French/German areas NOR anywhere else.

It sucks for the major language areas, but all evidence points to Toei Europe being to blame here, not Crunchyroll.

(And if brits think they are always worse off than continental Europe, take a look at the regions on Aniplex shows.)


Tbh I was suprised that digimon adventure tri is available to us finns BUT we still need premium to watch even that promo video and that is bunch of bs imo

Hmm who is the blame that One piece is not shown here in nordics for example. Here in Finland One Piece manga is second popular manga series after the Dragonball series.

I would love to see dragonball z and one piece legally somewhere.
Last time when I saw dbz legally that was 9-10 years ago.
One piece I haven't seen legally anywhere well except manga.
The Wise Wizard
100963 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 9/25/16

Fabiank wrote:

These are the only ones announced so far?

Yes.

Most of the titles this season will probably be announced in one go, and in cooperation with Funimation. In their FAQ, they state, "We will announce our combined Fall Season programming later this month and will post details to our Blog at Funimation.com/Blog".

We are into the last week of the month, so this should happen sometime between later today and Friday. I wouldn't expect that announcement to include all the titles CR will get, but it should be a large batch.

Ultimately, with cooperation with Funimation for titles instead of competition, we should see almost everything simulcast. As I recall, only 3 titles from the summer season were not simulcast (a single episode special, one short form anime, and the 4 episode The Seven Deadly Sins special).

ozgnp 
45088 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/28/16
Looks like another season of boring stuff that I can ignore. The "Your Lie in April" series was far too predictable--I was able to skip ahead to the last couple of episodes, where the story turned out exactly as I thought it would. This apparently is the movie version, but the whole plot has already been revealed, so what's the point of seeing this?
We don't really need another show about boy bands (Dream Festival), as this summer's similar offering was barely tolerable. The last series based on a card game that actually was fun to watch was "Kan Colle".
I've never been even remotely interested in "Digimon"--it always seemed like a lame ripoff of Pokemon.
"I've Always Liked You" is yet another High School RomCom. It might be worth watching, but I don't see any reason to make a point of catching it the instant it's available. Far too many shows like this out there already.
And finally, "Heybot!" is aimed at people far younger than me.
Has your viewer age demographic dropped down into the single digits? Why don't you offer some fare for those of us who are a bit older?
For example, why isn't "Sound! Euphonium" season two on your list of simulcasts?
27405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

TheAncientOne wrote:
It also isn't as if CR being explicit about why they didn't get a license is going would change the fact they did not. For the most part, it would just give people something different to complain about (i.e., "You should have paid more, even if it meant risking losing a little money on that one title").



No, but...

Knowing why CR can't license a particular show can mean the difference between hoping it might change one day and knowing for sure it won't. And this is where the problem lies.

When the question is "Will we get Title X in Region Y?" then obviously the answer anyone would prefer is "Yes". However, in the absence of a yes, a definitive "No, because of Reason Z" makes it a lot easier to jut put up with it.

Note: I didn't say it will make us like it. But it's a lot easier to stomach an answer you don't want when there's a concrete reason behind it. Otherwise there are too many unknowns making it bloody hard to swallow.

To bring it back to Digimon Tri, though, it was pretty pointless of Toei to try anything other than getting it out everywhere.
The moment it was announced the other year, I'd say any Digimon fan in any country was pretty much committed to watch it at that moment.
By this point I doubt there are many (if any) people who want to see it who aren't up to date with all the parts already. And that was inevitable right from the announcement phase.
25821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Kentucky
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16
Shitty so far.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
I already know y'all will get at least four shows I plan to watch so get Hanamaru and I'll be happy
SClaw 
52832 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / UK
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16
Stop teasing us with the freebies you got as part of packages and announce some meat!!!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.