First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Have you ever been shocked by a wall socket?
2622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
When I was a child I stuck a bobby pin into a wall socket and i got zapped

I remember that I started to cry a lot

I also remember my hand was shaking for a long time too

Has something like this ever happened to you?

Werina 
206694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
no, unfortunately
11301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
yeah when i touched an exposed wire in a friend's house. didnt hurt but felt really odd.
98109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
Not a wall socket. I did get a shock touching an electric fence with a metallic cattle prod. The shock went up my arm so quickly it was a few minutes before my arm returned to normal.
18746 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
I have been zapped by a extension cord , I only touched the outside of it, threw that out real fast

I also was zapped when I got out of the pool and plugged in the air thingy to blow up toys
610 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Charlotte, NC
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
When I was about 5 years old I took the lightbulb out of my Donald Duck nightlight that was plugged into a socket. I distinctly remember the initial shock of the current going through my body and making my entire right side feel quite numb accompanied by lots of tears. Definitely a feeling that you never forget!
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
Yeah.
I survived.
14777 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/16 , edited 9/18/16

iambetterthanyou wrote:

When I was a child I stuck a bobby pin into a wall socket and i got zapped


That would explain a LOT.

(What you should have been doing is concentrating on more important questions, like "Why do you girls wear bobby pins?")
2622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/16

Ejanss wrote:


iambetterthanyou wrote:

When I was a child I stuck a bobby pin into a wall socket and i got zapped


That would explain a LOT.

(What you should have been doing is concentrating on more important questions, like "Why do you girls wear bobby pins?")


you're right
5053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 9/18/16
Yep, but it was a knife.

Parents were not thrilled.
31145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
A couple times, mostly from old and/or frayed power cords. Also had a horse headbutt me into an electric fence.. That was fun.
9805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/18/16 , edited 9/18/16
Yes. My hand was a little wet from washing dishes when I thoughtlessly plugged in a radio. I've been shocked by low voltages in electrical boxes and panels, too. I tend to be more surprised and annoyed, rather than anything else.
Posted 9/18/16 , edited 9/18/16
No.
4371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 9/18/16 , edited 9/18/16
Yep, I was at school and I brought my laptop to do some work on, I was about to plug it in but the only free socket had a bit of bent metal wedged in the socket. Long story short, I thought it was off and attempted to pull it out, got 240 volts and couldn't let go for a couple of seconds. That was...nice, had an off feeling in my right arm for a couple of minute.
812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/18/16
Yep, as a kid, I woke up one night needing to use the restroom, but I didn't want to turn the lights on for fear of waking others up. So I took my nightlight into the bathroom, and tried to plug it in. Unfortunately, I accidentally rested my finger on one of the prongs. I must say, the sensation that came from my wildly shaking arm was rather frightening.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.