First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Obama would be personally insulted if blacks don't vote for Clinton
9322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16
Obama's healthcare measures have cost me a lot of money, so good. I would love to personally insult him. Too bad I'm white.
10649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Rabbit Horse
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

PhantomGundam wrote:
That question was only about increasing regulations, but I can see why it would sound misleading. I think it would be more accurate to ask whether or not the government should be involved in environmental regulations. In which case, his answer would be yes but only if that involvement is minimal. He does support the EPA after all, as long as they're doing their job effectively. He just doesn't want the government to actively choose which businesses survive and which ones fall, which is pretty much a Libertarian position in general. That was basically a TL;DR version of his views on the environment on his website and I don't see anything that contradicts this. He's been consistent for years, which is more than I can say about either major candidate on any issue.

I don't see why anyone should hold this against him though. Climate change isn't really a top issue for any candidate other than Jill Stein.

Although back to the topic of Hillary, I'm sure she'll continue some of Obama's policies for better or worse. Whether that's on progress with African Americans or the environment, I have no clue. She'll say anything to get elected and shifted her platform further to the left during the primaries to appeal to Bernie supporters, even though much of that was just lip service.

Btw, CR was acting strange for me too. I had some trouble getting my previous post through and then I couldn't access the forums at all for a while. CR was having some server issues earlier.


ah, thanks for the link. the question from isidewith was misleading. i take back what i said on Gary's stance on climate change.
seems like he supports internet freedom, free from government surveillance, which is good.
the only major thing i don't agree with is his support for tpp - it could potentially have negative effects to the anime community.
people could get in trouble just by downloading fan works, because it would fall under copyright. it would likely affect comiket as well, from what i read. heck, just posting screenshots of an episode could get you in legal trouble, if tpp happens.

Hillary will probably just keep the status quo, for better or worse (and probably the latter). She supports whatever is trending, and given the rise of feminism and sjw in the US, i'm not exactly looking forward her presidency.
19599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16
LMAO. Trump all day, we in the manufacturing sector despise the Clintons and the Bushes for NAFTA and we know damn well she will sign TPP and then it's adios to our jobs. You lost our votes by not nominating Sanders, end of story.
19599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

keeton52 wrote:

Obama's healthcare measures have cost me a lot of money, so good. I would love to personally insult him. Too bad I'm white.


You can keep your doctor, your health insurance and save 1000s of dollars a year, what a grand lie.
98220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16




V You're catching on. That's what a lot of this is all about. It's nothing to do with human rights, freedoms. Follow the money.
19599 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/19/16


It did make the military industrial complex donors richer though....
runec 
28348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16

bemused_Bohemian wrote:
It's nothing to do with human rights, freedoms.


That's a somewhat ironic statement given the Gitmo cartoon above it. -.-


98220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

runec wrote:


bemused_Bohemian wrote:
It's nothing to do with human rights, freedoms.


That's a somewhat ironic statement given the Gitmo cartoon above it. -.-




Some of those Gitmo prisoners lost their rights when they planned / practiced their jihadi on our folks over there. Barry is an idealist and I'm certain he will release them before January exit (thumbing his nose at the military establishment as well as the suits that put him there). Of course, it can be argued we had no business being over there in the 1st place.

runec 
28348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

bemused_Bohemian wrote:
Some of those Gitmo prisoners lost their rights when they planned / practiced their jihadi on our folks over there.


That's not how rights work.

Also, what about the rest of them?
98220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

runec wrote:


bemused_Bohemian wrote:
Some of those Gitmo prisoners lost their rights when they planned / practiced their jihadi on our folks over there.


That's not how rights work.

Also, what about the rest of them?


True, that's not how rights work.....here. However, some people believe these war criminals who committed these crimes over there should have been tried by military tribunal a few years ago and dispatched by a revolver or firing squad like in the old days. From what I've read the prisoners at Gitmo are really bad people, war criminals. Many countries don't wish to have them back though I'm sure their compatriots at rebel strongholds can't wait to reunite with them so they can become either fodder or proficient for their cause again.

One idea about Gitmo is to prevent importing them here so the ACLU can free them using our court system. Once freed there is a concern these people will opt to remain here and plan to kill again unfettered. The kills will be here, not far away over there.

51557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

runec wrote:

Aleppo isn't just some random city no one talks about and its not exactly a reassuring presidential quality if you can get knocked into total bafflement by a topic change. Plus his comment on the NY bombing didn't help the impression that he's a flake. I applaud his honesty in owning up to his gaffes but he's still pretty flakey. He reminds me of the stoners I went to high school with but 40 years later.





jtjumper wrote:

Original anime?


Looks like an anime with pretty girls and no substance. Just like Trump's campaign!


namealreadytaken wrote:

the only major thing i don't agree with is his support for tpp - it could potentially have negative effects to the anime community.
people could get in trouble just by downloading fan works, because it would fall under copyright. it would likely affect comiket as well, from what i read. heck, just posting screenshots of an episode could get you in legal trouble, if tpp happens.


Yeah, that worries me too. Some parts of the TPP might help, but other parts seem risky and copyright abuse is already bad enough as it is. I'd rather see some major revisions to the deal, but unfortunately it looks like the time for negotiations is over. Even so, it's better to disagree with a candidate on 1 issue than to have to put in an unnecessary amount of effort just to find one thing that you actually like about another candidate. And even if I agree with Hillary on some issues, I don't trust her all. The only thing that anyone can be certain of is that she'll continue bombing countries indiscriminately.


Hillary will probably just keep the status quo, for better or worse (and probably the latter). She supports whatever is trending, and given the rise of feminism and sjw in the US, i'm not exactly looking forward her presidency.


I remember how she used to believe marriage was strictly between and man and a woman and that's how it's supposed to be. Then she came out in favor of gay marriage as soon as the country started leaning more towards that side. She really will say whatever is popular at the time.
19347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/19/16
Black man would be personally insulted that other black people would vote for a man who spent the last 8 years questioning whether he is an American citizen because he is black? How dare he!

OP, let me correct your post title for you: "Obama, know you place nigger."
runec 
28348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/20/16

bemused_Bohemian wrote:
True, that's not how rights work.....here. However, some people believe these war criminals who committed these crimes over there should have been tried by military tribunal a few years ago and dispatched by a revolver or firing squad like in the old days. From what I've read the prisoners at Gitmo are really bad people, war criminals. Many countries don't wish to have them back though I'm sure their compatriots at rebel strongholds can't wait to reunite with them so they can become either fodder or proficient for their cause again.


You should perhaps read more. There aren't actually many prisoners still left at Gitmo due to ongoing efforts to free or transfer them to other countries but the entire affair from start to finish should rightly shame any American.



bemused_Bohemian wrote:
One idea about Gitmo is to prevent importing them here so the ACLU can free them using our court system. Once freed there is a concern these people will opt to remain here and plan to kill again unfettered. The kills will be here, not far away over there.


....right. Did a chain email tell you that or was it Facebook? >.>

24281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/20/16

goodman528 wrote:

Black man would be personally insulted that other black people would vote for a man who spent the last 8 years questioning whether he is an American citizen because he is black? How dare he!

OP, let me correct your post title for you: "Obama, know you place nigger."


He should know his place. That man doesn't speak for me. He was raised in a white household then all of a sudden throws on this fake accent to seem more "authentic". The nigga is as fake as Drake. Also I don't see anyone asking Will Smith where he was born. Race had nothing to do with it in my opinion.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/20/16 , edited 9/20/16

MysticGon wrote:

He should know his place. That man doesn't speak for me. He was raised in a white household then all of a sudden throws on this fake accent to seem more "authentic".

And there you have it, folks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.