First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Are Japanese people racist?
7762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
I do think that the Japanese are generally one of the more racist cultures out there. I don't mean racism in a bad way since anything dealing with inequality or preference means evil or ignorant to people now. But Japan (i think Korea as well) has a very homogeneous culture. Conservatism, purity, tradition, hierarchy serves as major factors in a society's sense of ranking and preference. Is it bad for a culture to want to mix and share with other cultures. No. Is it bad for a culture to want to keep to themselves or to avoid things blending with their own culture? No. There's also nothing wrong with ranking or slightly generalizing other groups or kinds of people if they intellectually understand that it is merely a generalization. A culture can think or view things however they want. People are just too caught up in this anti-preferential movement. This isn't a Disney movie we're living in. This is the real world where we are living beings that have different tastes.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
yes we are all racist, sorry to disappoint u .
744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / your heart
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
japanese are just more conservative than most countries.
they like to keep to themselves, and that doesnt mean anything bad.

the one japanese lady i know..
she's rich, she's educated, she's got the power.
but. she's humble, she's modest. =/

but wells, im only seeing one.
Posted 2/12/08
we are all racist. WE FUCKING HATE GAIJIN with a passion.
2570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
73 / F / Somewhere in Cana...
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
Well all races are racist
23 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / N/A
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
Deep down, there are people that are racist. It doesn't matter what you say, noone has prove. No one can read your thoughts. If you think you can judge what is right from wrong, then thats your opinion. Noone would save a person, only themselves. All of you guys live in a paradise thing and think you can judge people. Im so sick of this..
Sailor Candy Moderator
163268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
probably some of them, not all of them... there are many ethnocentric people in every country
7024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Global Warming Earth
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
Well I wouldn't say they are... They just don't really know amercians...For an example in the pink panther the chinese guy was short and greedy looking...It's a rather complicated issue
9550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Online
Posted 2/12/08

Flourescent wrote:

Who's Gaijin?

Yeah. Everyone is, in some way.


it's a Japanese term used to refer to any person whose not from Japan...in other words a foreigner.
11704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
i would have to say the Japanese isnt racist. of course there are some but what country doesnt? why make such an offensive post? the japanese have to be THE best race. they have the hottest women and made anime and a lot of other things but to many to list. plz if you agree or disagree with this respond to it to where it will notify. i wanna read it! but if i dont get a notification i might not know to read :-}!
9550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Online
Posted 2/12/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:

yes we are all racist, sorry to disappoint u .


Kenshin,aren't you from Japan?
13544 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Atlanta, GA. USA
Offline
Posted 2/12/08
i don't know are they? i wouldn't be surprised. alot of countries are. but for some reason, african blacks are treated better internaionlly than american blacks. i wonder why.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Melbourne
Offline
Posted 2/12/08

keelo wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:

yes we are all racist, sorry to disappoint u .


Kenshin,aren't you from Japan?


my post was some wat sarcastic, yes i am japanese but to be honest im like a large percentage of japanese who don't give a shit about other races.
7762 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
74 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/12/08

rydangel wrote:

i don't know are they? i wouldn't be surprised. alot of countries are. but for some reason, african blacks are treated better internaionlly than american blacks. i wonder why.


African people are generally nicer and socially softer than black Americans. I went to a black high school and it's pretty frikin' rowdy. I also have friends from Africa because I helped some people learn English. They behave completely differently. However, most attention is on black Americans since they are more involved in the media and do more extreme things. I'm generalizing, of course; but a big percentage of the population behaves in ways that are not popular with other cultures. (especially in Asian cultures since many are conservative and stress social etiquette)
9550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / ninja mode
Online
Posted 2/12/08

Kenshin1986 wrote:


keelo wrote:


Kenshin1986 wrote:

yes we are all racist, sorry to disappoint u .


Kenshin,aren't you from Japan?


my post was some wat sarcastic, yes i am japanese but to be honest im like a large percentage of japanese who don't give a shit about other races.


Honestly,that sounds like the whole damn human race
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.