First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Sword Art Online vs Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
105826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/21/16
Yes it happened.

Why did I make such a dastardly deplorable thread? Because down votes.

What can you expect from me in this thread? Great input and tooting my own horn. Remember! I do this for you guys just as I do watching ero-anime it is scientific research for YOU guys.

What can you expect from this thread? SALT!



To be perfectly honest with you guys, I like Kirito more than Subaru. Not getting into Gary-stu and character development. I like the VA more, I believe he a broader-dynamic range in his voice without sounding overbearing. Plus he was Petegeulse.

Asuna is Emilia. Though I like Asuna's sprite more.

Shino is the Rem. Equal here.

Other characters are w/e. I know some of you will be a Yuuki fan, but w/e.

I believe I can accept SAO fantasy more than Re:zero's. Stuck in video game is tangible versus going to fantasy world.

Re:zero's secondary characters are better, IE the Klein characters.

Re:zero had the better whale. Sao just had fish.

Both had perverted last bosses, tied.

While I cannot offer concrete evidence on which anime is "better" as there is none. BUT the purpose of this thread is someone with creative writing skills to come up with some logical conclusion that x anime is better than y. I mean I do not choose and pick anime that are overhyped and overrated each season and like those.

I have chosen my own niche anime that I like. I cannot stress that enough.

Anyways...

I will put up my Rho Aias as the Gae Bait will come looking for me heart. No bans please.

33503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Fraxinus
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16
I just came into this thread to say I will be avoiding it like the plague.
83305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16
Just can't get rid of Matsuoka, I'm sure he'll turn up again... dammit.
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/20/16
I might as well start the brawl. Lets see, my logical conclusion is this. SAO is a steaming pile of garbo, and Re:Zero is a great anime (maybe a little overrated but not over hyped I think). Therefore Re:Zero is the better anime.

Very logical as you can see.
14300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Puerto Rico
Offline
Posted 9/19/16
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/22/16
I hate Kirito more than Subaru, even though Subaru makes me cringe constantly. There were no good girls in SAO. Rem is best girl in Re:Zero. I love Emilia. Overall, they're both overrated. Re: Zero is better because i said so.
33934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

GoldTStar wrote:

I hate Kirito more than Subaru, even though Subaru makes me cringe constantly. There were no good girls in SAO. Rem is best girl in Re:Zero. I love Emilia. Overall, they're both overrated. Re: Zero is better because i said so.

Bro Asuna and Liz were great. You lie. As expected of a Nico fan.
2508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

SirBacon12 wrote:

I might as well start the brawl. Lets see, my logical conclusion is this. SAO is a steaming pile of garbo, and Re:Zero is a great anime (maybe a little overrated but not over hyped I think). Therefore Re:Zero is the better anime.

Very logical as you can see.


My thoughts exactly.
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

XxDarkSasuxX wrote:


GoldTStar wrote:

I hate Kirito more than Subaru, even though Subaru makes me cringe constantly. There were no good girls in SAO. Rem is best girl in Re:Zero. I love Emilia. Overall, they're both overrated. Re: Zero is better because i said so.

Bro Asuna and Liz were great. You lie. As expected of a Nico fan.


Seeing as you're a MAKI fan, liking awful tsundere girls is, ahem, expected.

105826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/19/16






Both wrong.

Eli best girl.

36508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16
That's like comparing the same anime except one is the directors cut with more blood and death. They are both at heart a power fantasy about a loser who gets transported to a fantasy world where he alone has the power to save everyone and get all the girls including the hot girl of his dreams.

It's just SAO was written by a complete amateur who had no idea about the basic rules of story telling nor a clue how to structure a good story, essentially what happened is he wrote a short story then tried to extend that into a full on novel and then it worked so he wrote sequels that got progressively worse, the anime tried to stretch the material out more then just resorted to appealing to the bottom of the barrel with full on sex appeal and pandering. By SAO: II it got ridiculous with super awesome mega hero 5000 Kirito and his harem of girls who bow at his feet for a little taste as they watch on in envy at him and best girl Asuna flaunting their perfect relationship of happiness.

If Re:Zero becomes that popular and it probably will following seasons will likely go down the same road of lowering the bar of stupidity and just having lots of boob and ass shots while Drama-kun dies and gets all the girls when he finally saves the day at the 9th time of asking.


One thing both have in common is despite the dumb writing the animation is generally good and they have awesome soundtracks and musical scores.
40415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 9/19/16

AnimeKami wrote:

Both wrong.

Eli best girl.



You only like her because she's blond!
29995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 9/19/16
I don't like either, I win.
58107 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16
Crazy Kirito got rejected in Re:Zero. That makes Re:Zero better.
4318 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 9/19/16 , edited 9/19/16

MrMoondoggie wrote:
If Re:Zero becomes that popular and it probably will following seasons will likely go down the same road of lowering the bar of stupidity and just having lots of boob and ass shots while Drama-kun dies and gets all the girls when he finally saves the day at the 9th time of asking.


Like you said though, SAO was essentially a short story extended. Re;Zero is the opposite, its a ridiculously large Web Novel that's getting super condensed into a LN and Anime, and its not even through 1/3rd of the original content. Any sequels will just be a continuation of the originally planned story, not stretched unplanned content just to make more money.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.