First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply You finally find out about your spouse's past and it shocks you.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16
Let's say your married to the guy or girl of your dreams. You two are happy together and will soon have a child. One day your spouse decides to tell you the truth about his/her past. When you find out, you are shocked to learn that your spouse was the son or daughter of a monarch. He or she told you that their parents died when he or she were very young in which he or she had to live with their grandparents. Yet your spouse gave up the crown and title to find someone who will love him or her and not their status or wealth. Your spouse gave up everything just so he or she can spend life with you and their child.


Knowing this how do you feel about your spouse? Even though you've been lied to, are you going to forgive him or her?


What do you do?

Enjoy!!!

1881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16
I mean, is omission of the truth the same as a lie...
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

ConsciousFinale wrote:

I mean, is omission of the truth the same as a lie...


So you wouldn't care that he didn't tell the truth?
2063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
I would ask 'why' the spouse hid the truth before making a decision.
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
Is belonging in a monarchy the same as having a sex change, being a prostitute, or having a murder streak?
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

bkoneko wrote:

I would ask 'why' the spouse hid the truth before making a decision.


Be honest, would you had believe that your spouse was once royalty?
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

nanikore2 wrote:

Is belonging in a monarchy the same as having a sex change, being a prostitute, or having a murder streak?


What do you mean?
1881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


ConsciousFinale wrote:

I mean, is omission of the truth the same as a lie...


So you wouldn't care that he didn't tell the truth?

I don't think I'd mind. Everyone has secrets
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

ConsciousFinale wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


ConsciousFinale wrote:

I mean, is omission of the truth the same as a lie...


So you wouldn't care that he didn't tell the truth?

I don't think I'd mind. Everyone has secrets


How sweet of you.
qwueri 
16420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
Seems like life growing up and parents would come up somewhere along the road to marriage. Did the spouse just make something up, gloss over it, or refuse to talk about it? Also probably depends on the relationship, but seems like a fairly basic thing to support a spouse for their decision. Unless I'm being pissy over losing the opportunity to a royal fortune.
42339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

qwueri wrote:

Seems like life growing up and parents would come up somewhere along the road to marriage. Did the spouse just make something up, gloss over it, or refuse to talk about it? Also probably depends on the relationship, but seems like a fairly basic thing to support a spouse for their decision. Unless I'm being pissy over losing the opportunity to a royal fortune.


The spouse would make up lies about it.
qwueri 
16420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


qwueri wrote:

Seems like life growing up and parents would come up somewhere along the road to marriage. Did the spouse just make something up, gloss over it, or refuse to talk about it? Also probably depends on the relationship, but seems like a fairly basic thing to support a spouse for their decision. Unless I'm being pissy over losing the opportunity to a royal fortune.


The spouse would make up lies about it.


Then probably a grab-bag of questioning what else has been a lie, how I know the spouse is actually telling the whole truth now, feeling like I never really got to know my spouse like there's a gulf between us, questioning why they lied about it, how they managed to keep this all a secret without the spouse's parents/guards/entourage from busting up the relationship, questioning if they made a mistake in choosing to be with me, why wait to tell me now of all times, and where do we go from here. Probably in a big sit down if the spouse was willing to do so.

*Assuming I was quick to digest that information, of course.
4911 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/26/16
I'd probably think my husband was joking or playing a prank on me until they proved it.

I don't think I'd be super upset about it though, after all, what's done is done by that point. To get to the point of being married and expecting a child means that you've been through a lot together already so I feel like I might even understand why they didn't tell me at first.

My real interest wouldn't be in the deception so much as why they were telling the truth now. I'd be anxious for my unborn child, and want to know what this meant for our family. I think I would worry that we would be in a dangerous position if anyone else knew the truth about my spouse.
Posted 9/26/16 , edited 9/26/16
I'd just feel bad that he gave up his life for someone like me

I'd still love him regardless
27257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 9/26/16

qualeshia3 wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:

Is belonging in a monarchy the same as having a sex change, being a prostitute, or having a murder streak?


What do you mean?


Why would you care so much unless it's something like a sex change, being a prostitute, or having a murder streak?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.