Created by redokami
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply do you own a gun?
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 9/29/16
AR-15

We mainly use it on weekends just to go out and shoot targets. It's pretty fun.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/29/16
Look at all those no votes, are they ignorant or just wilfully unaware?
Posted 9/29/16
Nope. Both of my parents do, though.
464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston
Offline
Posted 9/29/16
Own several, great times at the range.
2380 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 9/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:

Look at all those no votes, are they ignorant or just wilfully unaware?


Or the person's country of residence doesn't allow law-abiding citizens to own fire-arms and/or have much lengthier/stricter regulations.

That's a possible factor influencing the poll numbers.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/29/16

TRKitsune wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Look at all those no votes, are they ignorant or just wilfully unaware?


Or the person's country of residence doesn't allow law-abiding citizens to own fire-arms and/or have much lengthier/stricter regulations.

That's a possible factor influencing the poll numbers.


Perhaps
18720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/29/16 , edited 9/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


TRKitsune wrote:


Ranwolf wrote:

Look at all those no votes, are they ignorant or just wilfully unaware?


Or the person's country of residence doesn't allow law-abiding citizens to own fire-arms and/or have much lengthier/stricter regulations.

That's a possible factor influencing the poll numbers.


Perhaps


I don't even own a tazer because im paranoid around electricity after being shocked a few times just by touching a extension cord, and while wet outside once

a gun? I would be more paranoid of it going off

I have a knife though, plan on getting more
and pepper spray
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/29/16 , edited 9/29/16
No, but I'd be interested in getting one someday, especially if I ever have to relocate to a high crime area. I'd probably never keep it on me, but I'd like to keep one at home to deal with potential break-ins.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/29/16

redokami wrote:


I don't even own a tazer because im paranoid around electricity after being shocked a few times just by touching a extension cord, and while wet outside once

a gun? I would be more paranoid of it going off

I have a knife though, plan on getting more
and pepper spray


Firearms do not go off on their own unless they are poorly designed or more likely poorly maintained. The most surefire but lazy way of preventing accidental discharge is simply to keep the breech empty. After all it does not take forever to rack a slide, a charging handle, or a bolt.

Or you could ya know take some lessons. Plenty of places across the world offer them after all. Guns are not some magical killing spirit summoned outta some old brass lamp ya know. Paranoia about something says more about the person then the thing itself.
10616 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 9/29/16

kevz_210 wrote:

No, but I'd be interested in getting one someday, especially if I ever have to relocate to a high crime area. I'd probably never keep it on me, but I'd like to keep one at home to deal with potential break-ins.


High crime areas tend to be very restrictive about legal gun ownership.
18720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/29/16

Ranwolf wrote:


redokami wrote:


I don't even own a tazer because im paranoid around electricity after being shocked a few times just by touching a extension cord, and while wet outside once

a gun? I would be more paranoid of it going off

I have a knife though, plan on getting more
and pepper spray


Firearms do not go off on their own unless they are poorly designed or more likely poorly maintained. The most surefire but lazy way of preventing accidental discharge is simply to keep the breech empty. After all it does not take forever to rack a slide, a charging handle, or a bolt.

Or you could ya know take some lessons. Plenty of places across the world offer them after all. Guns are not some magical killing spirit summoned outta some old brass lamp ya know. Paranoia about something says more about the person then the thing itself.


and what does that exactly say about me?....
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 9/29/16 , edited 9/29/16

gornotck wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

No, but I'd be interested in getting one someday, especially if I ever have to relocate to a high crime area. I'd probably never keep it on me, but I'd like to keep one at home to deal with potential break-ins.


High crime areas tend to be very restrictive about legal gun ownership.


Not everywhere. Here out in CT we have quite a few high crime areas and other than stupid bullet count restrictions we don't have gun control laws like those in places like Chicago and NYC proper.
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 9/30/16 , edited 9/30/16

redokami wrote:



and what does that exactly say about me?....


That you're emotional and mental state is disconnected from reality and basic physics at the very least. That you're just a tad too fragile for your own good if I may be so bold to say. The damsel in distress thing is kinda out fashion in this day and age ya know. That is just my opinion of course and one I am sure is off topic and possible skirting the rules at the very least.
18720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 9/30/16 , edited 9/30/16

Ranwolf wrote:


redokami wrote:



and what does that exactly say about me?....


That you're emotional and mental state is disconnected from reality and basic physics at the very least. That you're just a tad too fragile for your own good if I may be so bold to say. The damsel in distress thing is kinda out fashion in this day and age ya know. That is just my opinion of course and one I am sure is off topic and possible skirting the rules at the very least.


damsel in distress? seriously?

how does being afraid of hurting oneself , and another make one in "distress"
2360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / The Bay
Offline
Posted 9/30/16
Like people say, "you wouldn't be a true American without them" lol

In all seriousness though, my family does own a decent handful of guns. Most of them are from when my father was in the Airforce, the other one is just a .22 rifle that my parents bought me for Christmas a few years ago. Most of the time they just sit in the safe until we decide to go the range every once in awhile.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.