First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply I don't think homosexual marriage should be allowed
Posted 10/1/16
Do you know how stupid it is to have laws surrounding marriage? It is exactly as stupid as creating a law that states that only people from North America can choose the American Reclamation Corporation sponsor in Civilization: Beyond Earth game, and that only people from Germany can choose the INTEGR sponsor, and so forth, and if your country is not mentioned in Civilization, then you can't play the game. Why? Why? Why? Because a couple of schmucks have a complex set of stupid reasons as to why, and they can't convey said stupid reasons properly, because they themselves are too stupid to comprehend their own complex ideas. I say ban marriage entirely. It is a completely irrelevant structure, and the only reason why it hasn't already been banned from modern day societies is because Christians were clever enough to come up with the idea of joint income, and found ways to smut this structure into our daily life economy. But, it doesn't have to be there. If two people would like to sign a joint income agreement, they should be allowed to do so, so long as they are over the age of 18. Now, if you would please, step into the direction of the future, that would be great.
3515 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Indiana
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
ignorant
Posted 10/1/16
Honestly, I prefer people like you who openly voices your disagreement of homosexuality than people who keep quiet about it or pretend to accept it but inside they're absolutely disgusted.

I feel like we live in a time where people must keep their prejudices hidden, but they will show it in their behaviours anyway... I just want people to be openly prejudiced, so I know whether to ignore them or not.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:


iriomote wrote:


Deyre wrote:

Basically one becomes a genetical homosexual (Born with it) if a male has too much of estrogen which is ment for feminine attributes, or if a female has too much Testosterone. To say the least this will likely increase your attraction to the same sex rather than the opposite sex. Which is why there are more heterosexuals in the world than homosexuals.

Well, I suppose you're not a doctor... at least, I really hope you're not.


In 1984 Heino Meyer-Bahlburg, a neurobiologist at Columbia University, analyzed the results of twenty-seven studies undertaken to test the theory. According to Meyer-Bahlburg, a score of the studies in fact showed no difference between the testosterone or estrogen levels of homosexual and heterosexual men.


Depends on the research. If there is concrete evidence of it not influencing it then i'd be surprised.

"An endocrinology study by Garcia-Falgueras and Swaab postulated that "In humans, the main mechanism responsible of [sic] sexual identity and orientation involves a direct effect of testosterone on the developing brain."[1]:25 Further, their study puts forward that intrauterine exposure to hormones is largely determinative. Sketching the argument briefly here, the authors say that sexual organs are differentiated first, and then the brain is sexually differentiated "under the influence, mainly, of sex hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and progesterone on the developing brain cells and under the presence of different genes as well . . . . The changes brought about in this stage are permanent. . . . [S]exual differentiation of the brain is not caused by hormones alone, even though they are very important for gender identity and sexual orientation."[1]:24"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_hormones_and_sexual_orientation


The key difference between the studies you two are bringing up is that iriomote refers to a conclusion, while you refer to a postulation. A postulation is a suggestion or assumption, it may be right on the money, but it almost never is. The other study brought up on the other hand is the concrete result of objective analysis of very obvious data, therefore it makes no sense to accept the Garcia-Falgueras and Swaab study over that one.

I too am a man of science, and I can tell you firmly that there is no chance of testosterone or estradiol affecting one's sexual orientation.
Werina 
205499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
LOSERVILLE
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
i dont think ignorance is allowed
Banned
6934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
In a basket of de...
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

octorockandroll wrote:



I too am a man of science


4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



I too am a man of science




Cute.
172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / MI
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Regardless if it's a choice or not who cares? I really don't see the point of this post. Who really cares who someone is having sex with as long as it's between two people that both give consent?
1058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / many homes differ...
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Wait i'm not going attack Deyre on his views this person gave their opinion.I also find it weird two of same sex are joined up
but hey nothing i can do about it. I go about my life and ignore those i disagree with. I realize i can't change others let them find and make errors on their own.
4721 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
That's cool, OP. If you believe it isn't proper behavior, then so be it. However, I don't see it as morally wrong. The reason I don't is because, ultimately, these are 2 people that are (hopefully) in love and have a desire to protect and accompany one another through the hardships and good times of life. In the end, we all want that. I can't allow texts (Bible or laws that are now abolished) to sway my judgement on that. There is no need to look at it from the shallow side, man/man or woman/woman. There are feelings present, too. It is human desiring human.
18323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:


goodman528 wrote:

Why do you feel entitled to having an opinion about something you have no vested interest in?

Should ISIS or Al Qaeda or the Syrian government win the war in Syria? Don't know. Don't care. Never been to Syria, never intend to go there, don't have any interests in Syria, don't know of anybody who has. But you know what, my tax dollars are being spent on making million$$$ missiles and drones to bomb people I couldn't give 2 f***s about, when my district can't even come up with enough money to replace the 100+ year old lead water pipes in the area despite what has already happened in Flint and other parts of the country. And that is what is wrong with America today.


War is terrible. I dont disagree on it.


You see what I'm getting at, right? I'm not just telling you that you shouldn't hold opinions about other people's business when it is none of your business. I'm showing you that when you do that you will be the one getting hurt at the end of the day.
md4124 
47303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/2/16

Deyre wrote:

Before you ask, no i won't use religion on this. I frankly dont take any side or care to argue who's fairytales is the right one.

Now just to clarify that i wanna say why i am against it.

First of its not genetical or biological, its both. So you are both wrong when you say its either a choice or borned with.

Basically one becomes a genetical homosexual (Born with it) if a male has too much of estrogen which is ment for feminine attributes, or if a female has too much Testosterone. To say the least this will likely increase your attraction to the same sex rather than the opposite sex. Which is why there are more heterosexuals in the world than homosexuals.

But you can also be attracted biologically and trick your hormones to like something else by tricking your mind, like making males feminine or something (ever seen prison movies and you'd known the sub and dom behavior) So this can also work among straights if they act on those hormones.


The reason i am against it is because i dont see it as proper behavior. There is too much weirdness in it. And the whole gender identity issue is sorta why i dont want to see this accepted any further. I am either way wondering your views?


Genetic not genetical.

Born not borned.

I don't know if you read it or made it up but nothing that you said about hormones or genetics is correct.

167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16
I'd say get rid of marriage all together. It's just slapping another label on the relationship. Now I know people love them labels, but think about divorce rates these days. I've seen five marriages fall about in the last two years. And it all happened after those couples took their vows. Each of the couples I knew said they had no problems before they wed. Some of them said new pressures to keep up lovey dovey acts around friends and family started to happen. Like as if they had to be the prefect couple in the room. A few of them said they experienced more pressure from family and friends to start a family of their own.

As for same sex marriage I see no problem with it. If a same sex couple wants to define their relationship with a label such as that, let them. I can see why they want to be seen as equals to everyone else in the world. They still face shit loads of discrimination everyday.

But in all honesty marriage as a whole does seem like a joke. I known other people who are in the 40's and been together since early 20's. It doesn't take a label like marriage to keep people together. It takes two partners who care about each other enough to stay together. To make that relationship work. Some people think marriage is the answer to all their relationship problems. Or others think of it as a way to keep their partner tied down. But in the end it doesn't even matter. XD Linkin Park.
8651 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
is it wrong that i'm not gonna read what you said but offer that maybe you should mind your own business? this includes anyone here that thinks like you.

What kind of socks i put on has nothing to do with you so you should maybe shut the fuck up?
19492 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
I don't see doing drugs as proper behavior, but if others use them that's their choice. We need to stop policing people's personal lives. As long as whatever someone is doing does not infringe on the freedom of another, let 'em be..
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.