First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply I don't think homosexual marriage should be allowed
31123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:

Depends on the research. If there is concrete evidence of it not influencing it then i'd be surprised.

[snip]

Ah, you should have specified that you were referring to prenatal development instead of making what appeared to be a blanket statement that applies to adult hormone levels.

There's a lot we still still don't understand about what causes/influences the occurrence of homosexuality, including the impact of hormones on prenatal brain growth. But that's fine, we can set biological factors aside and pretend homosexuality is entirely a choice, my answer doesn't change:

Your OP appears to conclude that they (homosexuals) shouldn't be allowed to marry because.. you think gay sex or behavior is gross and weird.

As a heterosexual male I find the concept of intercourse with another man fairly gross, and I readily admit that, so I'm not going to criticize you for it. But so what? There are women I find the concept of intercourse with disgusting as well. Should they be forced into convents so I don't have to endure any mildly uncomfortable thoughts regarding their sex lives?

I honestly find the stance rather baffling, so feel free to clarify.
19488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16
Even if being gay were being a choice (which I doubt it is) what difference would that make? Why should society control which types of consenting relationships between adults should be legal and which ones should not? I don't get it.
Posted 10/1/16
Let people do whatever the hell they want
As long as they're not hurting anyone and it makes them happy then I don't care
52842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
100 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
To me, I think they're crossing the line.. They misunderstood love.. Its not that type of love, its more of brotherly/sisterly/best friend love.. That they felt that they're made for each other.. That because they're good friend!

So they were taught, after High school they'll no longer see their friends anymore and move on to find opposite sexes fall in love and get marry! So they're thinking.. "I'm not done with my friend, I want to hang out little more.. I don't want to settle down and get marry, so they frought back making excuses saying I found love the same sexes who turn out to be their best friend."

-scratches head-

What you all think?
reinux 
8264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:

There is too much weirdness in it.


Anime is super weird.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:

The reason i am against it is because i dont see it as proper behavior. There is too much weirdness in it. And the whole gender identity issue is sorta why i dont want to see this accepted any further. I am either way wondering your views?

Alright. Then I wager that marriage, in general, should not be allowed. People are polygamous by nature. It's not natural, right?
22667 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
In my opinion it marriage between both sexs should be allowed, they don't want to go to a church and do all the ceremony and stuffs they just want the legal rights. I've seen lots of cases where both of they work hard to make money and put a business or something and when one of they die the family of the deceased one takes everything and leave it's partner with nothing. So i'd support it. What i don't support it's excessive show off in public and this goes for both sexual orientation Homosexual and Heterosexual. Oh! I'm against child adoption but then all good.
33510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

I too am a man of science


-snip-

BRO. I was just about-

...

Here you go.

2248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

Deyre wrote:

<snip>
There is too much weirdness in it. And the whole gender identity issue is sorta why i dont want to see this accepted any further. I am either way wondering your views?



A homosexual relationship has "too much weirdness" in it...

If you take out the religion and law aspect it is literally two people in love making a commitment to each other.

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but on the scale of Weird Sexual Relationships homosexuality is one step off heterosexuality. There's a tons more 'options' for a relationship, sexual and not, that make homosexuality look like a minor sidestep (which it is basically, let's not over egg the pudding here).

I don't believe I've ever told anyone to Chill Out before, so congrats, you're my first. Chill out Dude.

Go check out tumblr or something if you want a bit of perspective. Be careful though, that rabbit hole goes deep.
33349 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Online
Posted 10/1/16
imo it doesn't bother me, doesn't affect me at all.

this is not in defense of gay marriage though, whether it's there or not, it doesn't matter to me.

67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
I will be sounding somewhat contradictory here. I am non-denominational Christian who is registered as a Republican. While I do enjoy fan service-heavy anime/manga and straight lemon fanfics, I am against same-sex marriage. I find it unnatural and that being a gay/lesbian is not something you are born with but rather is a learned/acquired trait.
17362 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
I don't want to be the asshole, but some opinions are less worth than others. Your opinions seem to be based on outdated research carried out by pseudo psychologists. I can't tell you what to believe, but you have to accept a certain response from others if you want to keep your beliefs.
4577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

pandrasb wrote:



Genderfluidity isn't made up though. Neuroscience has already proven that gender exists on a fluid spectrum. You can see it in several studies like the one by Georg S. Kanz I brought up earlier.
67345 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Glendale, AZ
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Another thing is that the I have read/heard about the LGBTQIA stressing tolerance. However, there are times when someone who doesn't necessarily agree with their views, that group calls that person a "hater" or "phobic". The Westboro Baptist Church I do find to be homophobic. However, there are even LGBTQIA that don't agree with same-sex marriage.
28200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16
So, in essence, your argument is a combination of a tragic misunderstanding of human biology coupled with the inability to cope with two weiner's touching?

Got it.



kadmos1 wrote:
The Westboro Baptist Church I do find to be homophobic.


Really? What tipped you off? >.>
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.