First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Post Reply Izetta: The Last Witch Discussion
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2 days ago , edited 2 days ago
So it seems like we're moving to a deus ex machina ending with the Magic Stone. We have more sci-fi science with more clones being made and the possibility of consciousness transference. And we had another time skip of a month.

I just... had such high hopes for this show. I'm invested in it because the first half of the season seemed pretty good, but things make even less sense now.

Why did Berkman help create and bring about Sophie knowing full well that bringing himself success would get himself betrayed by Otto in the end? Why make a magical atom bomb with the witch's power when you have the witch, and possibly an endless supply of them via clones? Izetta has been unconscious for over a month (plus does no one in Eylstadt have more than one or two pairs of clothes? Everything seems new and clean pressed for a whole month out in the wilderness)? Sieghard had the other half of the Magic Stone THIS WHOLE TIME and never gave it to Izetta and be like "Use this as a last resort" deal?

I get Sophie's motivation at least now, from warning Izetta to not work with humans, then works with humans to destroy Eylstadt. But now that she's destroyed Eylstadt pretty much why is she helping bomb Londenion (these names, lol)? She doesn't seem to care if she dies, knows she's just a clone, and probably won't live much longer. You'd think she would have contempt for all humans and not just Eylstadt citizens, especially the ones that are using her for their own human gains.

For someone who loves lore and stories this anime just seems to be riddled with holes I can't get around
13652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
こ ~ じ ~ か
Offline
Posted 2 days ago
Episode 9 killed this show for me and it sounds like Episode 10 doesn't make up for it. This show is in the toilet. They had a good thing going, and then blew it. It would've been much more interesting to see the Atlantan entry into the war and surprise invasion of Eylstadt. Instead they give us this Sophie bullshit, taking the easy, cliched, well-trodden path.
9414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2 days ago
i got so bad. Not sure I will watch more of it
6389 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 2 days ago
Ep. 10

- So glad they avoided going the one 'bottom feeder path' and had Izetta and Fine escape.
- I'm going to take Sophie's calling Elliot a "manwhore" as proof towards him and Otto being at the least in a sexual dynamic.
- Fine being at Izetta's beside and shedding tears of relief at her waking up <3 Though another missed opportunity for a kiss >.<
- Fine being willing to give up her country in order to spare Izetta says a huge amount about how much she loves Izetta.
39419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted one day ago
Having recently watched a few documentaries on the lead up to and events of WWII I'm impressed how well the writers are shadowing history in this alternate universe.
39419 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted one day ago

SajuukCor wrote:
You'd think she would have contempt for all humans and not just Eylstadt citizens, especially the ones that are using her for their own human gains.


We'll probably find she still loves the prince. It was his wife and a group of Eylstadt citizens who arranged her capture and sold her to the Inquisition. If the Inquisition mentioned is supposed to be the Spanish Inquisition and the timeline holds then it's been some 450ish years since her death. (Which brings up the question of how any of her tissues would be viable to be cloned. Some bone marrow could have been viable I guess.) If so then the "blood" of those "betrayers" would have had plenty of time to spread throughout the country.

Anger and revenge are strange things that rarely engender logic in how they are expressed. They are forms of madness whose wielders find themselves twisting reason into distorted shapes even Escher could not duplicate to find their path to their target. That the target actually deserves that focus doesn't matter in the eyes of the one seeking revenge. And in the eyes of the one seeking revenge they view others as tools to their goals. They may know others are trying to use them but to themselves they see only that those others lead them to their vengeance.
35 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted one day ago

domvina wrote:


SajuukCor wrote:
You'd think she would have contempt for all humans and not just Eylstadt citizens, especially the ones that are using her for their own human gains.


We'll probably find she still loves the prince. It was his wife and a group of Eylstadt citizens who arranged her capture and sold her to the Inquisition. If the Inquisition mentioned is supposed to be the Spanish Inquisition and the timeline holds then it's been some 450ish years since her death. (Which brings up the question of how any of her tissues would be viable to be cloned. Some bone marrow could have been viable I guess.) If so then the "blood" of those "betrayers" would have had plenty of time to spread throughout the country.

Anger and revenge are strange things that rarely engender logic in how they are expressed. They are forms of madness whose wielders find themselves twisting reason into distorted shapes even Escher could not duplicate to find their path to their target. That the target actually deserves that focus doesn't matter in the eyes of the one seeking revenge. And in the eyes of the one seeking revenge they view others as tools to their goals. They may know others are trying to use them but to themselves they see only that those others lead them to their vengeance.


I guess it also turns into a "Do as I say, not as I do" thing really. I get she has anger and wants revenge on the people do did her wrong, but you don't give a speech saying that "helping humans is bad, look at what they did to me" and then proceed to help humans.

And then she wins, she destroys Eylstadt pretty much and Germania invades. It's a month later, why is she continuing to help humans? I doubt Otto would let her make the country a large crater in the ground to literally destroy the country.
265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted one day ago
So far I've sorta got sick of how the characters act because it's super dramatic in a way, but the shows great!
75432 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / F / Center of the Uni...
Online
Posted one day ago



SajuukCor wrote:




And then she wins, she destroys Eylstadt pretty much and Germania invades. It's a month later, why is she continuing to help humans? I doubt Otto would let her make the country a large crater in the ground to literally destroy the country.


Did you see that "not a nuclear weapon really " that they called an "excedium bomb "? I think that's exactly what she expects to do.

First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.