First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Magical Girl Raising Project Discussion
8039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16
I like that on the info screen the boys ability is to change the size of his sword. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) . Of all the powers to give the male character, bahaha. I hope that was on purpose.

Koyuki's line about helping people versus earning candy.... I wonder how long that ideal will last?

To all the naysayers last week, . Unless they're trolling us with that ending. It almost makes me wonder if Ruler was somehow involved in the death, considering the princess in the dream looked like her? Maybe reused art assets? The interesting thing is they haven't touched upon which magical girls know the real life identities of the others (minus Snow White and La Pucelle).... which means it could be awhile before the apparent deaths could be discovered.

421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16
For peoples interested, here are more info about nemurin (that you won't get in the anime as they're from side stories) :




biopower wrote:

Well this one will be interesting at the very least. Curious about some of the competitors and the whole real reason why. Also, this thing is totally rigged in a way. Snow White's power gives her best advantage to get candies, Nemurin's gave her the weakest power to get candies. Plus I gotta wonder what with that other girl saying she didn't get any,...

Now, when does this turn to a bloodbath?




PhantomGundam wrote:


biopower wrote:

Plus I gotta wonder what with that other girl saying she didn't get any


Maybe she was tied with Nemurin at zero and Fav flipped a coin to see which one of them lost. Or maybe she's secretly hiding the number of candies she got for some reason. I don't know. I just find it odd that she apparently didn't get any candies. With Nemurin, we at least spent some time seeing her powers and learning how useless it is for obtaining real candies.

Anyways, I was not expecting a silent death with no witnesses. I wonder how the others are going to learn about what's really at stake.


The 0 for Tama was for the whole day, not the whole week. Nemurin had 0 for the whole week, so Tama was only second to last.





--------------------

So far, Lerche is really doing a good job with the adaptation. That's a REAL adaptation, with reorganizing things for the sake of a visual medium.

And the cast is reaaally doing a good job with the voices (and the musics are usually quite good too). Even a completely side character like Nemu's mother had such a powerful emotional breakdown at the end.

But man, no matter how many time I see Nemurin dying, it's still as sad. She's pretty much the record-girl of the fastest death in this series, but she was a really cute and very nice person.



46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16
Episode 2:

It is just me? Or maybe the fact that I didn't know that the manga/anime was a survival game but... I am pretty shocked that a lot of ppl doesn't care about a person dying and rather wanting her to die asap.

I know, I know, this is a show, fictional work but... hearing: "where is the blood?", "Aw, wished she died in a gruesomely way *pouts*". Like, damn man... <( ̄□ ̄;)>

Desensitization much?

Baffles me a little... (;´・ω・)


Zefyris- wrote:

For peoples interested, here are more info about nemurin (that you won't get in the anime as they're from side stories) :





Damn... that is sad af... (。_。)
51569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16

Zefyris- wrote:

The 0 for Tama was for the whole day, not the whole week. Nemurin had 0 for the whole week, so Tama was only second to last.


I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess if this keeps up, she'll be the next one gone unless someone seriously falls behind.
28587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 10/8/16
I was expecting blood and guts like the girl to blow up or something but nah. still dark and sad though, just goes to show ya you don't need ultra violence make a series dark but the gore is still coming... I think
8268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/16
I was surprised that the first death happened as it did. I didn't want blood or gore but the fact that it was not only bloodless but basically off screen was a twist I wasn't expecting, and I quite liked it that way. Instead of the girls getting thrown into a bloody battle royale or something it actually presented us with a bit of a mystery. Now I'm really interested in seeing what happens next instead of just wondering who's the next to get offed. Really good stuff.

On a side note, reading the comments on the episode 2 page has me confused. So many comments are talking about how they had no idea the series would be dark and/or how this episode confirmed the Madoka vibes they had all along. Ummm.. huh? I can get not reading the synopsis of the series pre-release in case of spoilers or just because you clicked on the series at a lark and never read about series at all. That I could understand. But did they somehow miss the first segment of the first episode? How was anyone surprised that this would be a dark series? I don't get it.
61159 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 10/8/16

PhantomGundam wrote:


Zefyris- wrote:

The 0 for Tama was for the whole day, not the whole week. Nemurin had 0 for the whole week, so Tama was only second to last.


I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I guess if this keeps up, she'll be the next one gone unless someone seriously falls behind.


You never know. Maybe she'll pick up the pace. Or she could preemptively kill one of the other girls.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 10/8/16

StriderShinryu wrote:

On a side note, reading the comments on the episode 2 page has me confused. So many comments are talking about how they had no idea the series would be dark and/or how this episode confirmed the Madoka vibes they had all along. Ummm.. huh? I can get not reading the synopsis of the series pre-release in case of spoilers or just because you clicked on the series at a lark and never read about series at all. That I could understand. But did they somehow miss the first segment of the first episode? How was anyone surprised that this would be a dark series? I don't get it.


In my particular case, magical girl shows don't always end up on survival games, is not a law imho. That being said, I haven't watched Madoka's show to feel any vibes of that. There are shows where they get eliminated from the organization/union/group and that's it, without death. Although, killing them gets more audience. 'Cus, at the end of the day, we have a morbid interest in death and that raises the viewers.

Don't get me wrong, even tho I don't love moe girls dying, if its part of the story I don't mind it at all. What I find baffling is that there are some ppl that want them dead in the worst possible way and if they don't get it they get upset. But everyone is entitled to see/wish fictional girls/guys dying on w/e way they may see fit.
8268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/8/16

henohenomoheiji wrote:
What I find baffling is that there are some ppl that want them dead in the worst possible way and if they don't get it they get upset. But everyone is entitled to see/wish fictional girls/guys dying on w/e way they may see fit.


Yeah, given the way the first episode opened I was actually expecting things to be way more gory than they have been (so far at least, who knows what's coming next in that regard). The fact that it wasn't at all was actually a good thing to me. I don't really get the extreme bloodlust either. I mean, I know there's a very strong anti-moe backlash these days but that's not something I'd be interested in seeing either especially if it's not really required for telling the story.
37970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/8/16
Death by stuck in a dream? I'm quite disappointed.
421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/16 , edited 10/9/16

henohenomoheiji wrote:


StriderShinryu wrote:

On a side note, reading the comments on the episode 2 page has me confused. So many comments are talking about how they had no idea the series would be dark and/or how this episode confirmed the Madoka vibes they had all along. Ummm.. huh? I can get not reading the synopsis of the series pre-release in case of spoilers or just because you clicked on the series at a lark and never read about series at all. That I could understand. But did they somehow miss the first segment of the first episode? How was anyone surprised that this would be a dark series? I don't get it.


In my particular case, magical girl shows don't always end up on survival games, is not a law imho. That being said, I haven't watched Madoka's show to feel any vibes of that. There are shows where they get eliminated from the organization/union/group and that's it, without death. Although, killing them gets more audience. 'Cus, at the end of the day, we have a morbid interest in death and that raises the viewers.

Don't get me wrong, even tho I don't love moe girls dying, if its part of the story I don't mind it at all. What I find baffling is that there are some ppl that want them dead in the worst possible way and if they don't get it they get upset. But everyone is entitled to see/wish fictional girls/guys dying on w/e way they may see fit.


Considering most peoples who brings up madoka are expecting this show to be like madoka, I would say not having seen it gives you the advantage of seeing the show for what it is, rather than a twisted view. This show is the complete opposite in most things with madoka, so that twisted view will only hinder people in watching this show.
Having watched madoka and having read mahoiku, talking about "madomagi vibes" is wrong to begin with.
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mars Orbit
Offline
Posted 10/9/16 , edited 10/9/16
Ep2

This is why I like not reading anything about a series (unless ofc I read the manga beforehand). It's just so much more interesting going in without knowing even the synopsis imo.
Farewell 1st girl.

512 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/16
1. methinks snow white jumping out ahead is gonna come back to bite her later on.
2. I'm giving it 1 episode until someone goes full Danganronpa and sets off a massive chain reaction killing mess that spills into the real world and all Fav can do is pretty much go "Well, s#$t" which then sends MC into despair overdrive. Or one could hope.
3. Guess Fav wasn't playing around when he hit the "Delete" key right?
8268 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/9/16

AMPMROCKETFANN wrote:

1. methinks snow white jumping out ahead is gonna come back to bite her later on.

3. Guess Fav wasn't playing around when he hit the "Delete" key right?


1.) Yeah. You can already see the jealousy coming in and once it becomes clear among the girls that to lose is to lose it all that's going to be a big issue. It's also going to be interesting to see how Snow White reacts when she finds out what's going on; will her "help everyone" nature butt up against maybe not wanting to win once she sees the stakes.

3.) No kidding, eh? It will definitely be interesting to see how the girls react once they find out exactly what "Delete" means and how long it will take for them to find out. Will they still trust Fav at all somehow or will it just be an all out war with Fav just sitting in the background laughing at it all.
19132 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/9/16 , edited 10/9/16
I saw that coming miles away, but damn that still kinda hurts.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.