First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Sex is undignified
9322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Out of all the most childish things I've ever read, from someone the same age as me (well, I'll be 25 in 7 days anyway), this takes all the awards.
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
lol
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Source?
never mind.
169128 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
then don't have it ?
35114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

Kiarean wrote:

Actually, Japan's depopulation troubles are rooted in the lack of restrictions on work time. With the average japanese person working 12 hours a week, 6 weeks a day, there's barely time to decompress let alone build the kind of healthy, functional relationship it takes to bring a child into this world. Seriously, enacting work limits would probably go a long way toward restarting population, especially if the limit was a maximum of 4 days and 40 hours. Because at this point to ensure things are jump started you have to go on the extreme end of such measures. The evidence of this is the 'waifu/husbando' culture - japanese people still crave relationships, but don't have the time for them.


Um, don't you mean 12 hour days, six days a week? What you said for hours makes absolutely no sense to support the rest of your post. However, if that is what you mean, I completely agree with what you're saying in respect to helping the Japanese population.


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Sex is undignified if you don't hold yourself to a standard and not succumb to such beastly urges.

How is Dexter different? He cannot refrain from killing, he is but a slave to his beastly urges.

Heck, some of the people Dexter kills would not have killed again, breaking the code. He even broke one out to prey upon.

The show just plays to the depravity we have in exerting our moral forces on others for their character rather than their actions, where we believe that people of such character are expendable and perhaps are a disservice to keep alive.



I agree with everything you're saying there, PV. However, at least Dexter kills criminals. He kind of reminds me of a version of Sherlock Holmes, if Holmes was allowed to let his sociopath side take over.
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

octorockandroll wrote:

So sex is undignified because of something that happened in a fictional television show? Yeah, I definitely don't think you're a 25-year-old virgin posting shit because he's mad about his inability to attract anybody.


Not a virgin, but i tend to agree.
10771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / MO, USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

Deyre wrote:

I learned that from Dexter Season 1, episode 1.

And i think i agree. He is of course with a lady because he liked psychologically damaged people who don't wanna do him it seems. Not that he hates women, he just don't approve of the others daily lifestyle i guess.


You're setting a poorly written TV series as a basis for how average people interact. God bless you.
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
Unless you're deliberately overlooking most of the show's plot, it really sounds like you've recently gotten into Dexter.


News flash; Dexter undergoes drastic character development, which is apparent as easly as mid-way into the second season. The image of Dexter you've projected into your OP hasn't been accurate in years. You might as well be talking about Ichigo Kurosaki and stating that he only has the abilities demonstrated in the Rescue Rukia Arc. Instead of touting out-of-date information regarding Dexter, you ought to have cut to the chase and spoken solely as yourself, not as some wannabe-incarnation of Dexter.
181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Romania
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I disagree. It can be undignified, but it is not per se. Sex is one of the most beautiful things on the earth, if done right.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I wouldn't say sex are that, but rather how you use sex/sexual stuff.

YayForKittens wrote:
Yup. Sex is undignified, raw, and primal. When it's good.
Primal Carnage. *drops a 100 wild kittens and runs off*

1stladyent wrote:
Hmmm... I actually find sex to be a beautiful thing.


Akane1984 wrote:
OP, back away from whatever device you're viewing and go live life.
Depends on what you mean by "go live a life".
Wish it was that good of a thing but reality beats it up every... day.
Posted 10/2/16

You should get farther in the series then LOL
6272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / New York City,New...
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I never had sex and probably won't for awhile due to me focusing on my study's but I don't think it would be undignified maybe it would deprive you of your manly pride but not undignified. I'm talking in a guys perspective don't really know how girls see it.
2277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
Dexter is an idiot. Don't emulate him. Sex is what YOU make it. It can be undignified if you have an undignified persona busing it. Nothing dignified about sexual abuse but we're just talking about sex or consensual sex. Everything in life is messy. Why should sex be any different? We are creatures of chaos and thank goodness for that. Absolute order is much much worse. Have a little dignity....then you might find sex more dignified.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
I find those respecting sex and sexuality having more dignity then others (or at least more morals and ethics)
Sex can do so much... now it created you did it not?
25 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / floating around i...
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
...What a strange thread.

OP, if you don't like sex then just don't have it. It's that simple. No need to call it "undignified" when it's something that literally millions of people engage in and enjoy engaging in. Also, it's necessary for life on Earth to continue. Every species would have died out ages ago if it weren't for sex.

I fail to see how a psychologically disturbed character on a fictional tv show should be setting examples for how we view daily acts.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.