First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Computer Game Addiction
60348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


ya that pritty much sums it up i had a friend that would get addicted to any mmo he would play but he saw the addition and would force him self to stop playing and now he dosnt tuch games unless hes playing with a friend beside him


sadly i know it because i used to be addicted to mmos and stuff so once i got over it i try not to get allured back


ya i my self almost got addicted to WOW over the summer ... but then when i went back to school i managed to cut back on my hours played (luckly i had the will power to do it) but i still play on weekends and i quite during exams and when assignments are comming up
Posted 2/13/08

slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


ya that pritty much sums it up i had a friend that would get addicted to any mmo he would play but he saw the addition and would force him self to stop playing and now he dosnt tuch games unless hes playing with a friend beside him


sadly i know it because i used to be addicted to mmos and stuff so once i got over it i try not to get allured back


ya i my self almost got addicted to WOW over the summer ... but then when i went back to school i managed to cut back on my hours played (luckly i had the will power to do it) but i still play on weekends and i quite during exams and when assignments are comming up


i quit all together i got away from wow by well ................. I CANT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD OR QUESTION ANSWER
*freaks out*

60348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


ya that pritty much sums it up i had a friend that would get addicted to any mmo he would play but he saw the addition and would force him self to stop playing and now he dosnt tuch games unless hes playing with a friend beside him


sadly i know it because i used to be addicted to mmos and stuff so once i got over it i try not to get allured back


ya i my self almost got addicted to WOW over the summer ... but then when i went back to school i managed to cut back on my hours played (luckly i had the will power to do it) but i still play on weekends and i quite during exams and when assignments are comming up


i quit all together i got away from wow by well ................. I CANT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD OR QUESTION ANSWER
*freaks out*



lol thats one way to end the game forget all the info but its good that u quit if u think that it would ruin your life ... its all about balance
Posted 2/13/08

slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


ya that pritty much sums it up i had a friend that would get addicted to any mmo he would play but he saw the addition and would force him self to stop playing and now he dosnt tuch games unless hes playing with a friend beside him


sadly i know it because i used to be addicted to mmos and stuff so once i got over it i try not to get allured back


ya i my self almost got addicted to WOW over the summer ... but then when i went back to school i managed to cut back on my hours played (luckly i had the will power to do it) but i still play on weekends and i quite during exams and when assignments are comming up


i quit all together i got away from wow by well ................. I CANT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD OR QUESTION ANSWER
*freaks out*



lol thats one way to end the game forget all the info but its good that u quit if u think that it would ruin your life ... its all about balance


that an i was running out of money..... poor money gone so freely to sumtin so expensive T-T
60348 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


Simplicity95 wrote:


slybobs7 wrote:


ya that pritty much sums it up i had a friend that would get addicted to any mmo he would play but he saw the addition and would force him self to stop playing and now he dosnt tuch games unless hes playing with a friend beside him


sadly i know it because i used to be addicted to mmos and stuff so once i got over it i try not to get allured back


ya i my self almost got addicted to WOW over the summer ... but then when i went back to school i managed to cut back on my hours played (luckly i had the will power to do it) but i still play on weekends and i quite during exams and when assignments are comming up


i quit all together i got away from wow by well ................. I CANT REMEMBER MY PASSWORD OR QUESTION ANSWER
*freaks out*



lol thats one way to end the game forget all the info but its good that u quit if u think that it would ruin your life ... its all about balance


that an i was running out of money..... poor money gone so freely to sumtin so expensive T-T


lol ya i use the pre paied game cards ... ive kept everyone and when i look at it its damn thats alot of money
Posted 2/13/08
yes i is alot in the long run.
Posted 2/13/08
With World Of Warcraft, proven to be more addictive than heroine, it's just the following things:

- friends play, you can interact with them like on MSN, so it's social.
- There is a goal if playing PVP, to get to lv 70 in time for the new release Wrath Of The Linch King
- Forming guilds is really fun, and if your good enough as a team, you gain reputation from other players giving you power...sweet...addictive power, strike fear into lower-class players of the opposite Allience/Horde, and have fun killing them.

It's just all round fun and great for keeping in touch with friends and such...

Playstation/x-box/whatever... games actually end so the addiction is over after 30 hours. Depends how good it is.
589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
I probably get addicted because for one, they are fun, two, I payed so much money not be addicted and three, have nothing better to do.
7716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
77 / M / Florida, US
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

Dreos wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

I think these 2 reasons make up most of the gaming population:

1) Video/computer games provide the most sensory/mental stimulation with the least amount of physical effort. (basically televisions that require a bit more work yet providing more stimulation)

2) It's like a great day dreaming scenario or something that people use to get away from everyday stress. If you have a privately aggressive shooting personality, you play shooting games. If you want to role play and go on adventures and see pretty shit; you might play games like Final Fantasy(I think FF1-3 are basically not included since it merely covered a storyline and adventure. FFVII was the game that pushed FF over the emo limit. (Not that it was a bad game. It was great game. It just attracted all the romantic/emo/drama people who didn't really care about the gaming value of a "game". Merely the story and pretty people. )


Lol, hate FF much? xD

Computer games provide a 'get-a-way', a simulated world where players can do things they cant or wouldnt in reality, without the consequences as well. This has caused lots of hype about how people are becomming anti-social cause of games =/ I disagree here, I go out with more people who like the same stuff, if they didnt, I prolly would never have met them =/

We all play similar games and like the same animes =P so yeah, we go out alot and talk about em ^_^


It actually makes me wonder more when someone takes this comment the way you do. It provides a get-away but I never mentioned that people don't live their life or that the game actually makes people anti-social. I said it merely acts as an escape and how much the person gets into it and plays them are dependent on their social level and addiction level. So, why would you have any reason to react when I never mentioned that people in number 2 are anti-social. I merely "implied" (not even said) that reason 2 can cause some people to be anti-social. Also, it's one of the 2 main possibilities that I listed. Most of us play games for reason number 2 which is why we watch television, movies, or even browse the web. And I don't hate FF. I like the games. I'm merely making a social commentary on the fact that FFVI caused a soar in FF's popularity. The gameplay was rated high yet the major revolution in the FF fame was the springing of music videos, love sites, romance photos, etc by thousands if not millions of love-sick boys and girls. I love FF. I even said in my comment that "It was a great game".
906 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / USA / France
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
hey i actually did an entire project on this for high school =\ if you're truly interested in it ask me to post my results =p if not then ill just give a breif description soon xD anyways pm me about it because i might not see it

that goes for the thread starter / anyone else who's interested
2197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Wherever this tak...
Offline
Posted 2/13/08

tobydiah wrote:


Dreos wrote:


tobydiah wrote:

I think these 2 reasons make up most of the gaming population:

1) Video/computer games provide the most sensory/mental stimulation with the least amount of physical effort. (basically televisions that require a bit more work yet providing more stimulation)

2) It's like a great day dreaming scenario or something that people use to get away from everyday stress. If you have a privately aggressive shooting personality, you play shooting games. If you want to role play and go on adventures and see pretty shit; you might play games like Final Fantasy(I think FF1-3 are basically not included since it merely covered a storyline and adventure. FFVII was the game that pushed FF over the emo limit. (Not that it was a bad game. It was great game. It just attracted all the romantic/emo/drama people who didn't really care about the gaming value of a "game". Merely the story and pretty people. )


Lol, hate FF much? xD

Computer games provide a 'get-a-way', a simulated world where players can do things they cant or wouldnt in reality, without the consequences as well. This has caused lots of hype about how people are becomming anti-social cause of games =/ I disagree here, I go out with more people who like the same stuff, if they didnt, I prolly would never have met them =/

We all play similar games and like the same animes =P so yeah, we go out alot and talk about em ^_^


It actually makes me wonder more when someone takes this comment the way you do. It provides a get-away but I never mentioned that people don't live their life or that the game actually makes people anti-social. I said it merely acts as an escape and how much the person gets into it and plays them are dependent on their social level and addiction level. So, why would you have any reason to react when I never mentioned that people in number 2 are anti-social. I merely "implied" (not even said) that reason 2 can cause some people to be anti-social. Also, it's one of the 2 main possibilities that I listed. Most of us play games for reason number 2 which is why we watch television, movies, or even browse the web. And I don't hate FF. I like the games. I'm merely making a social commentary on the fact that FFVI caused a soar in FF's popularity. The gameplay was rated high yet the major revolution in the FF fame was the springing of music videos, love sites, romance photos, etc by thousands if not millions of love-sick boys and girls. I love FF. I even said in my comment that "It was a great game".


Sorry, maybe it was just the emo comments and the way you phrased it that made it sound like you were going a bit off-subject xD Maybe not, who cares? we both agree on the point in question, just phrasig the exact same thing differently.
2468 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / In my prickly cac...
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Life is hard, and people run away from it, like a permanent holiday they wish they had, thus video game addiction.
622 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Stockton,California
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
i'm addicted to RF-Online <<<<<- - - - - - - - - - - - ( a MMORPG)
1912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Vancouver
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
There's a lot of reasons

1. You can be an ass all you want and no one's going to ever bash your face
2. You get to have some "friends" (lol) who don't care what you look like
3. You can make your character look attractive, but you don't have to be
4. You feel powerful XD

And some other stuff...
5197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Amurka
Offline
Posted 2/13/08
Because StarCraft kicks so much fucking ass.
I
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.