First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Pros & Cons of Your Personality
3920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Pros- Me being who I am.

Cons- None of course.
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / São Paulo
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

1stladyent wrote:

PROS:
- Quiet
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable
- I'm nice (shut up. I really am.)
- Engaging (If I actually like you)

CONS:
- Scatterbrained
- Dense
- Childish (sometimes)
- I can be a complete bossyhead if things aren't going my way, or if people are being incompetent I tend to micromanage until the incompetents give up and implode their dignity. (<<< professionally, not on a personal level)
- I can get evil when it's called for.


Maybe it sounds invasive, but you do not tend to abuse power, do you? Cause I really had a hard time with my first boss around that. Well, I am not comparing anyone to my assholy frist-boss. Her name was Samantha and it was traumatic to an insanity driving level to deal with her. That is why I know NO ONE is like her. rs I know I was just a kid by the time, but it was REALLY jammering. Including verbal abuse from her. Or pure sheer humuliation.

I remeber very well a time when I suggested something and she said: you are no one to say that because you lost threee students. Ands this was in a teachers gathering. I got so fucked up I thogth seriously on suying her for moral abuse. And it was really constant. Everyday, every damn morning she had to put her feet on my head. Until the time I got fed up and said I was quitting. That is why I was asking. Do not take it personally, please.


Vahvi 
3155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Online
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16
Pros:
Cheery
Caring
Analytical
Hardworker
Protective of others
Wants to make people smile

Cons(towards assholes):
Cold
Calculating
Time-bomb


Pretty sure i'm some kinda dere...
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / São Paulo
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

Vahvi wrote:

Pros:
Cheery
Caring
Analytical
Hardworker
Protective of others
Wants to make people smile

Cons(towards assholes):
Cold
Calculating
Time-bomb


Pretty sure i'm some kinda of dere...


Kundere? Yandere? DereDere?

7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

PROS:
- Quiet
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable
- I'm nice (shut up. I really am.)
- Engaging (If I actually like you)

CONS:
- Scatterbrained
- Dense
- Childish (sometimes)
- I can be a complete bossyhead if things aren't going my way, or if people are being incompetent I tend to micromanage until the incompetents give up and implode their dignity. (<<< professionally, not on a personal level)
- I can get evil when it's called for.


Maybe it sounds invasive, but you do not tend to abuse power, do you? Cause I really had a hard time with my first boss around that.



Not invasive (to me, anyway). I don't like to abuse power, because I already get first-hand experience with people who actually do. The parts where I become bossy or micromanage is my tendency to enforce quality work. When it comes to business, I put business over feelings, and if I'm responsible for a team of people, they have to do well in my name, because that's my name on the line. If work performance is crap, it means I'm crap. And I don't like crap.
Vahvi 
3155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Online
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

T1mered wrote:


Vahvi wrote:

Pros:
Cheery
Caring
Analytical
Hardworker
Protective of others
Wants to make people smile

Cons(towards assholes):
Cold
Calculating
Time-bomb


Pretty sure i'm some kinda of dere...


Kundere? Yandere? DereDere?




Can i be Bestdere, can that be a thing :3




I gravitated for Yandere Fun, I'm still saving up for that cafe. It's going slow however, barely anyone has cash on them anymore and i'm running out of places to stash my *cough* clients.
V
Posted 10/1/16
Pros: people leave me alone
Cons: people tend to gravitate towards me since according to people I'm 'down to earth' whatever that means
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / São Paulo
Offline
Posted 10/1/16 , edited 10/1/16

1stladyent wrote:


T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

PROS:
- Quiet
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable
- I'm nice (shut up. I really am.)
- Engaging (If I actually like you)

CONS:
- Scatterbrained
- Dense
- Childish (sometimes)
- I can be a complete bossyhead if things aren't going my way, or if people are being incompetent I tend to micromanage until the incompetents give up and implode their dignity. (<<< professionally, not on a personal level)
- I can get evil when it's called for.


Maybe it sounds invasive, but you do not tend to abuse power, do you? Cause I really had a hard time with my first boss around that.



Not invasive (to me, anyway). I don't like to abuse power, because I already get first-hand experience with people who actually do. The parts where I become bossy or micromanage is my tendency to enforce quality work. When it comes to business, I put business over feelings, and if I'm responsible for a team of people, they have to do well in my name, because that's my name on the line. If work performance is crap, it means I'm crap. And I don't like crap.


Well. Just to actually give you more examples on that to you to see the extent of it:

a) When she got fired of her pedagogical position she tried to convince me to go with her to another school and tried really hard to make me feel empathetic for her. Normally, by the time I was a little bit on depression side and it could strike me. She was a witch, I must say. Real nasty.

b) She tended to yell to teachers and say they were fucking up school. Okay, her name was on the line, but this was absurd as fuck.

c) She was drunk every morning. That was how she was.

Try to imagine being an inexperienced teacher on an underpaid job and without registration to work on a school where pedagogical factor is holding a bomb and being the "bode expiatório" for the fails on the rest of the sections on the school. This job was just half of the common payment of teachers.

Some of this treatment was due to inexperience, yes, but overall was just her making shit around and about.

And yes, mixing feelings and work is a formula for failure.

22136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

I really think people who brag they're a sack of shit should avoid reassuring how they suck. Just saying. It really doesn't help you. rs

^This!!! When people act like that I'm like seriously for the love of decency grow tf up.. The edgy "2 kool 4 feelings" trend needs to stop.
7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:


T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

PROS:
- Quiet
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable
- I'm nice (shut up. I really am.)
- Engaging (If I actually like you)

CONS:
- Scatterbrained
- Dense
- Childish (sometimes)
- I can be a complete bossyhead if things aren't going my way, or if people are being incompetent I tend to micromanage until the incompetents give up and implode their dignity. (<<< professionally, not on a personal level)
- I can get evil when it's called for.


Maybe it sounds invasive, but you do not tend to abuse power, do you? Cause I really had a hard time with my first boss around that.



Not invasive (to me, anyway). I don't like to abuse power, because I already get first-hand experience with people who actually do. The parts where I become bossy or micromanage is my tendency to enforce quality work. When it comes to business, I put business over feelings, and if I'm responsible for a team of people, they have to do well in my name, because that's my name on the line. If work performance is crap, it means I'm crap. And I don't like crap.


Well. Just to actually give you more examples on that to you to see the extent of it:

a) When she got fired of her pedagogical position she tried to convince me to go with her to another school and tried really hard to make me feel empathetic for her. Normally, by the time I was a little bit on depression side and it could strike me. She was a witch, I must say. Real nasty.

b) She tended to yell to teachers and say they were fucking up school. Okay, her name was on the line, but this was absurd as fuck.

c) She was drunk every morning. That was hoiw she was.

Try to imagine being an inexperienced teacher on an underpaid job and without registration to work on a school where pedagogical factor is holding a bomb and being the "bode expiatório" for the fails on the rest of the sections on the school. This job was just half of the common payment of teachers.

Some of this treatment was due to inexperience, yes, but overall was just her making shit around and about.

And yes, mixing feelings and work is a formula for failure.



From what you described, she is a terrible representation of a leader. I would never yell at subordinates, in fact, they've known me as perpetually calm - I never seem to panic. I like to push them to do better because it helps them move up. When I left a position, I would sit down with the CEO and spotlight all the people who have done well, and let him know who hasn't and consistently so. He was thankful for my input and literally implemented my ideas. I came back a year later to visit, to find all the people I said to promote promoted, and those who sucked either demoted or terminated.

Inexperience and lack of pay should not be an excuse for her to be a complete ass to the world. And I don't think it's even a good idea to show up to work already drunk. I definitely didn't go her route of leadership.
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / São Paulo
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

1stladyent wrote:


T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:


T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

PROS:
- Quiet
- Diligent and detail-oriented
- Adaptable
- I'm nice (shut up. I really am.)
- Engaging (If I actually like you)

CONS:
- Scatterbrained
- Dense
- Childish (sometimes)
- I can be a complete bossyhead if things aren't going my way, or if people are being incompetent I tend to micromanage until the incompetents give up and implode their dignity. (<<< professionally, not on a personal level)
- I can get evil when it's called for.


Maybe it sounds invasive, but you do not tend to abuse power, do you? Cause I really had a hard time with my first boss around that.



Not invasive (to me, anyway). I don't like to abuse power, because I already get first-hand experience with people who actually do. The parts where I become bossy or micromanage is my tendency to enforce quality work. When it comes to business, I put business over feelings, and if I'm responsible for a team of people, they have to do well in my name, because that's my name on the line. If work performance is crap, it means I'm crap. And I don't like crap.


Well. Just to actually give you more examples on that to you to see the extent of it:

a) When she got fired of her pedagogical position she tried to convince me to go with her to another school and tried really hard to make me feel empathetic for her. Normally, by the time I was a little bit on depression side and it could strike me. She was a witch, I must say. Real nasty.

b) She tended to yell to teachers and say they were fucking up school. Okay, her name was on the line, but this was absurd as fuck.

c) She was drunk every morning. That was hoiw she was.

Try to imagine being an inexperienced teacher on an underpaid job and without registration to work on a school where pedagogical factor is holding a bomb and being the "bode expiatório" for the fails on the rest of the sections on the school. This job was just half of the common payment of teachers.

Some of this treatment was due to inexperience, yes, but overall was just her making shit around and about.

And yes, mixing feelings and work is a formula for failure.



From what you described, she is a terrible representation of a leader. I would never yell at subordinates, in fact, they've known me as perpetually calm - I never seem to panic. I like to push them to do better because it helps them move up. When I left a position, I would sit down with the CEO and spotlight all the people who have done well, and let him know who hasn't and consistently so. He was thankful for my input and literally implemented my ideas. I came back a year later to visit, to find all the people I said to promote promoted, and those who sucked either demoted or terminated.

Inexperience and lack of pay should not be an excuse for her to be a complete ass to the world. And I don't think it's even a good idea to show up to work already drunk. I definitely didn't go her route of leadership.


It is good to hear that, cause, man. Can I say in portuguese?

7886 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
8500 / F / Apollo...
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

From what you described, she is a terrible representation of a leader. I would never yell at subordinates, in fact, they've known me as perpetually calm - I never seem to panic. I like to push them to do better because it helps them move up. When I left a position, I would sit down with the CEO and spotlight all the people who have done well, and let him know who hasn't and consistently so. He was thankful for my input and literally implemented my ideas. I came back a year later to visit, to find all the people I said to promote promoted, and those who sucked either demoted or terminated.

Inexperience and lack of pay should not be an excuse for her to be a complete ass to the world. And I don't think it's even a good idea to show up to work already drunk. I definitely didn't go her route of leadership.


It is good to hear that, cause, man. Can I say in portuguese?





That nightmare was a lesson learned....never let a crazy lady be the boss. And if a "boss" disrespects you, just let them know (even if indirectly) that they'll have to quickly find a replacement or have none at all. She was probably highly incompetent. Most people like that try to hide their lack of skill or knowledge through tyranny.
12868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / São Paulo
Offline
Posted 10/1/16

1stladyent wrote:


T1mered wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

From what you described, she is a terrible representation of a leader. I would never yell at subordinates, in fact, they've known me as perpetually calm - I never seem to panic. I like to push them to do better because it helps them move up. When I left a position, I would sit down with the CEO and spotlight all the people who have done well, and let him know who hasn't and consistently so. He was thankful for my input and literally implemented my ideas. I came back a year later to visit, to find all the people I said to promote promoted, and those who sucked either demoted or terminated.

Inexperience and lack of pay should not be an excuse for her to be a complete ass to the world. And I don't think it's even a good idea to show up to work already drunk. I definitely didn't go her route of leadership.


It is good to hear that, cause, man. Can I say in portuguese?





That nightmare was a lesson learned....never let a crazy lady be the boss. And if a "boss" disrespects you, just let them know (even if indirectly) that they'll have to quickly find a replacement or have none at all. She was probably highly incompetent. Most people like that try to hide their lack of skill or knowledge through tyranny.


I am impressed you understood all those foulmouthed swearings.

2052 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Your Body
Online
Posted 10/1/16
Pros:
- Quiet
- Content to sit quietly
-Cautious
- Morbid sense of humor
- Will remain loyal to loyal friends
- Surprising empathetic to a select few

Cons:
- Cynical
- Extremely distrusting of others
- Extremely lazy
- Interest is easily lost
- Will abandon un-loyal friends
- Morbid sense of humor
- Not very empathetic towards others outside a select few
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/1/16
Pros:
Easy to get along with
Likes cuddles
Likes anime



Cons:
I come across as kinda timid
Completely oblivious at times
Loves to sleep a lot
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.