First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Post Reply Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2 Discussion
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/9/16 , edited 10/9/16

lorreen wrote:


paulchaested wrote:

Dammit, I guess I have to avoid this forum. That was a good first episode, missed IBO.


Yeah, that's the trouble when CR has something a week late

I'll ask here, and put a note in the opening:

Pretty please to those watching on Daisuki or elsewhere before the Crunchy stream, it would be super nice if you would:

1) label you posts with episode number (if your post is primarily related to a specific episode)
2)spoiler tag anything super-duper spoilery as an extra courtesy. (I don't think it's reasonable to expect everything to be spoiler tagged--but the super big stuff, yeah.)

Thanks!
Sorry about that I add spoilers now.

29898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/9/16 , edited 10/9/16

scoobydew wrote:

I am unfolding the death flag and raising it for new character(Hush) sad but if he keeps going down same road? News flash characters die but Hitler still lives hate that guy



Edit: Dangit I really have to start reading threads before I post in them. I feel like I'm just repeating what everyone else is saying lol
One Punch Mod
85885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/9/16

augus0 wrote:
Sorry about that I add spoilers now.


Thanks. This wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Though I just skimmed I didn't notice anything that seemed especially, especially spoilerful (but then I'm also not especially sensitive to spoilers). It was more a general reminder that a little extra caution would be nice because of the streaming situation. I think folks who care a lot about spoilers will just stay out of the thread, but some folks watching on CR may not fully realize that discussion here will be a week ahead, so could stumble into stuff unwittingly.
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mars Orbit
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:

Ep 27

Very interesting to see how Tekkadan is developing both on Mars and Earth. Too bad the battle at the start didn't last very long; but it looks like we'll be seeing a big one in the near future. Mc Gillis is working with/using Tekkadan, will be fun to see how these two organizations will end up clashing later on.
We also got a brief glimpse at Hush's background. I just can't come to like him as a character yet, remembers me too much of angsty Shin...

Who do you think masked man is?
http://i.imgur.com/UaXR1y1.png

Imo it has to be Gaelio

Not particularly hard on him as a character, just bad memories from another character I'd rather forget about.
But aside from Shin's bad writing they are not that different, same for the potential road Hush can take.

They both lost their families, even if in different ways. and hold grudges against who took them away.
Grudges that are however directed against wrong targets: Shin vs Orb then vs Kira then vs the world and then vs Kira again; Hush vs CGS/Mars situation then vs the world? then vs Mikazuki.
They both constantly look for more power to become stronger, taking the shortest route even if wrong (the end justifies the means) and when they fail (Hush didn't fail yet so just my prediction) they take their frustrations onto the MCs.

Based on Hush's backstory and screen time received, he will probably betray Tekkadan at the first chance he gets to surpass Mikazuki. The masked man will probably be the culprit, either way he will go to Gjallarhorn side and fight Tekkadan.
I hope I'm wrong and instead the writers spend time developing his character, so even though he takes a bad decision (and he will) we can avoid getting another character crying on the moon at the end.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16

An4thor wrote:


augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:

Ep 27

Very interesting to see how Tekkadan is developing both on Mars and Earth. Too bad the battle at the start didn't last very long; but it looks like we'll be seeing a big one in the near future. Mc Gillis is working with/using Tekkadan, will be fun to see how these two organizations will end up clashing later on.
We also got a brief glimpse at Hush's background. I just can't come to like him as a character yet, remembers me too much of angsty Shin...

Who do you think masked man is?
http://i.imgur.com/UaXR1y1.png

Imo it has to be Gaelio

Not particularly hard on him as a character, just bad memories from another character I'd rather forget about.
But aside from Shin's bad writing they are not that different, same for the potential road Hush can take.

They both lost their families, even if in different ways. and hold grudges against who took them away.
Grudges that are however directed against wrong targets: Shin vs Orb then vs Kira then vs the world and then vs Kira again; Hush vs CGS/Mars situation then vs the world? then vs Mikazuki.
They both constantly look for more power to become stronger, taking the shortest route even if wrong (the end justifies the means) and when they fail (Hush didn't fail yet so just my prediction) they take their frustrations onto the MCs.

Based on Hush's backstory and screen time received, he will probably betray Tekkadan at the first chance he gets to surpass Mikazuki. The masked man will probably be the culprit, either way he will go to Gjallarhorn side and fight Tekkadan.
I hope I'm wrong and instead the writers spend time developing his character, so even though he takes a bad decision (and he will) we can avoid getting another character crying on the moon at the end.
For that to work, he would need a pretty big reason to want to kill Mikazuki , Shin's hate for kira was becasue of what happen to stella, unless something like that happens too him, (Julietta maybe ? lol doubt that tho ) I kinda doubt he would betray tekkadan, his just rough around the edges just give him time.

416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mars Orbit
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:


augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:

Ep 27

Very interesting to see how Tekkadan is developing both on Mars and Earth. Too bad the battle at the start didn't last very long; but it looks like we'll be seeing a big one in the near future. Mc Gillis is working with/using Tekkadan, will be fun to see how these two organizations will end up clashing later on.
We also got a brief glimpse at Hush's background. I just can't come to like him as a character yet, remembers me too much of angsty Shin...

Who do you think masked man is?
http://i.imgur.com/UaXR1y1.png

Imo it has to be Gaelio

Not particularly hard on him as a character, just bad memories from another character I'd rather forget about.
But aside from Shin's bad writing they are not that different, same for the potential road Hush can take.

They both lost their families, even if in different ways. and hold grudges against who took them away.
Grudges that are however directed against wrong targets: Shin vs Orb then vs Kira then vs the world and then vs Kira again; Hush vs CGS/Mars situation then vs the world? then vs Mikazuki.
They both constantly look for more power to become stronger, taking the shortest route even if wrong (the end justifies the means) and when they fail (Hush didn't fail yet so just my prediction) they take their frustrations onto the MCs.

Based on Hush's backstory and screen time received, he will probably betray Tekkadan at the first chance he gets to surpass Mikazuki. The masked man will probably be the culprit, either way he will go to Gjallarhorn side and fight Tekkadan.
I hope I'm wrong and instead the writers spend time developing his character, so even though he takes a bad decision (and he will) we can avoid getting another character crying on the moon at the end.
For that to work, he would need a pretty big reason to want to kill Mikazuki , Shin's hate for kira was becasue of what happen to stella, unless something like that happens too him, (Julietta maybe ? lol doubt that tho ) I kinda doubt he would betray tekkadan, his just rough around the edges just give him time.


That was later in the series though at first he hated him for always meddling in his fights, especially when orb allied with the earth alliance. Anyway it doesn't have to be something as strong as wanting to kill Mikazuki; even just wanting to prove himself to be stronger than him. After all what he wants is to become stronger, Gjallarhorn even if weakened it's still one of the major powers. But yeah too soon to judge.
316 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

An4thor wrote:


augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:


augus0 wrote:


An4thor wrote:

Ep 27

Very interesting to see how Tekkadan is developing both on Mars and Earth. Too bad the battle at the start didn't last very long; but it looks like we'll be seeing a big one in the near future. Mc Gillis is working with/using Tekkadan, will be fun to see how these two organizations will end up clashing later on.
We also got a brief glimpse at Hush's background. I just can't come to like him as a character yet, remembers me too much of angsty Shin...

Who do you think masked man is?
http://i.imgur.com/UaXR1y1.png

Imo it has to be Gaelio

Not particularly hard on him as a character, just bad memories from another character I'd rather forget about.
But aside from Shin's bad writing they are not that different, same for the potential road Hush can take.

They both lost their families, even if in different ways. and hold grudges against who took them away.
Grudges that are however directed against wrong targets: Shin vs Orb then vs Kira then vs the world and then vs Kira again; Hush vs CGS/Mars situation then vs the world? then vs Mikazuki.
They both constantly look for more power to become stronger, taking the shortest route even if wrong (the end justifies the means) and when they fail (Hush didn't fail yet so just my prediction) they take their frustrations onto the MCs.

Based on Hush's backstory and screen time received, he will probably betray Tekkadan at the first chance he gets to surpass Mikazuki. The masked man will probably be the culprit, either way he will go to Gjallarhorn side and fight Tekkadan.
I hope I'm wrong and instead the writers spend time developing his character, so even though he takes a bad decision (and he will) we can avoid getting another character crying on the moon at the end.
For that to work, he would need a pretty big reason to want to kill Mikazuki , Shin's hate for kira was becasue of what happen to stella, unless something like that happens too him, (Julietta maybe ? lol doubt that tho ) I kinda doubt he would betray tekkadan, his just rough around the edges just give him time.


That was later in the series though at first he hated him for always meddling in his fights, especially when orb allied with the earth alliance. Anyway it doesn't have to be something as strong as wanting to kill Mikazuki; even just wanting to prove himself to be stronger than him. After all what he wants is to become stronger, Gjallarhorn even if weakened it's still one of the major powers. But yeah too soon to judge.
actually after re watching the episode
at least that my take from this.

6593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
The Shiden looks pretty cool, and the orange and black mobile suits in the opening.
215251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Episode 3

Good action this episode really liked the space battle as the style reminds me of the first season.

Ah looks like Mika is ready to do anything to win. Better get out of his way!

64890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 10/16/16
Episode 28

And now, the Tekkadan is battling the Dawn Horizon pirate brigade. They might have deceived Tekkadan by bringing 10 ships while appearing to only bring three, but that's nothing Mika and company can't handle. But then comes Gjallarhorn and then Sandoval himself goes into battle. That was some great action.
JuJu26 
27552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Episode 3

Battles are cool, but there is something about mech battles that spikes up that coolness!

Majority of this one was mostly battle and I loved it. That action-packed mecha on mecha action is what I love Gundam for. Of course, there are some character moments before the battle too.

Looks like shit is about to get more intense!

4728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/16/16 , edited 10/16/16
So the question is of course, who is the guy behind the mask? My guess is that it's Ein. Our masked antagonist seems to be a flat out robot, as opposed to a guy with a needlessly hi tech mask, and he is clearly interested in Gundams, both of which fit very well with his story so far. The only thing I can think of that suggests otherwise is the fact that he apparently has it out for McGillis, which isn't unwarranted, but I don't really remember any way he would have known that McGillis was using him. This could suggest it's really Gaelio (or even maybe Carta) but their minds were never digitalized like Ein's was. Ugh, I just know I'm going to spend way too much time worrying about this.
51315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Episode 3


It really is interesting seeing Tekkadon and Gjallarhorn working together, although it's just the guys under McGillis's command. It looks like this battle is going to get messy now that the other faction in Gjallarhorn ran into them. Mika was so close to finishing off the pirate leader and this girl just had to block him...

Now that the masked guy spoke, I'm positive it's
64890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 10/23/16
Episode 29

And Mika manages to round up Sandoval just when it looked like things were about to blow up in everybody's faces. Now that the attack has been squashed, Orga and Mika deal with the guy responsible for the attack in Allium showing no mercy. Now that Terra Liberionisis out of the way, McGillis comes to make a deal so that Tekkadan and Gjallarhorn (at least the part McGillis commands) can work together. That was some really nice determination by Mika there to get out of this mess, and Allium got what he deserved for what he did.
215251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 10/23/16 , edited 10/24/16
Season 2, episode 4

That was intense, Mika is still a badass as I remember from the previous season and in this sequel, he does not disappoint.

Idk how I feel about McGillis' alliance with Tekkadan. I mean, they could benefit from it but how well can they work together?

Regarding the time skip, it looks like roughly 1 year. Also, I heard from some sites Gundam model looks like
.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.